physical training?

boris

what kinds of P.T. do you guys do? at the moment, the only p.t. i get is at work.

I used to study Karate and Aikido.Then I started doing pretty steady and heavy workouts at a health club. But now that I am an Olde Phart with a bad back (handicap card) and an anyerism. I know am limited to exercise in the water so I take Ai chi, (Like Tai Chi except in a pool.) water aerobics, and arthritis exercise class also in the pool.

my problem....

is the family has a crazy schedule, but i believe i have solved it {for the most part} i am having yet another bout with gout. just got over one last week. sort of. i am going to do a aerobic circuit and weapons training 3 days a week and martial arts/ combat training on two days a week. 90 minutes a day. if i can get over this gout. i read some great articles by a former lawman named jim wagner. sheepdogs need to be in the best shape possible. but ya know what? getting older is a pain in the ....foot.

I walk to the car at least twice a day. I'm religious about it...never miss a day! Also, whenever I find myself loaded with excess energy, I get up from my desk at work and walk around a bit. Drains it right off!

Training regimens like this have made me the man I am today!

I do coffee cup lifts. Sometimes hundreds of reps per day. You'd be amazed if you saw see my biceps. (I'd be amazed if I saw my biceps)

I walk my dog.

In wintertime, I go snowboarding several times a week! But that's only for the time that there's snow.

A couple of years ago I was consistently using my Crossbow. (Not the weapon. It's like a bowflex). Then I started hurting my shoulder by not warming up enough. I haven't done much of anything since then except work around my property. I have been thinking lately I need to get back to the Crossbow. At the very least I could do some pushups every morning. In fact I think I'll do some now.

Here is a suggestion for working into an exercise program.

First get a 5 pound potato bag. Lift the bag over you head doing 10 repetitions twice a day.

After you get comfortable with the 5 pound bag go to a 10 pound potato bag.

Once you can handle that without too much difficulty go back to the 5 pound potato bag. This time put in one potato and repeat.

:D

As you see many of us are broken warriors. We can still shoot. My walker will have a rifle rack on it,And who but the handicapped are prime hits for crime. My friend carries a 357 in his wheel chair.

First get a 5 pound potato bag. Lift the bag over you head doing 10 repetitions twice a day.

Once you can handle that without too much difficulty go back to the 5 pound potato bag. This time put in one potato and repeat.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. Hilarious, Puppy.

I'm 43 years old and need to lose some weight. I'm running 4 to 5 times per week, 3 miles each time. I started in August and have lost about 30 pounds so far. I'm about half way to my goal but seem to have hit a plateau. I started at 255, am now (and have been for a few weeks) 226 and would like to get down to around 200.

Any suggestions to get the weight coming off again? I think I need to totally stop drinking alcohol, that is the only thing that has changed the last few weeks. When I drink not only do I add a bunch of empty cals to my diet but I don't watch what I eat as well either.

I work out rour to five times a week with free weights,and add some push ups as well.I was doing the martial arts two times a week before the three bad disks.

workout

If the bag breaks and the potatos fall on your head you coud get hurt.

On a more serious note. The best work out is to get arobeic, weight lifting and stretching. The body needs a well rounded workout.

well, i guess

we just do what we can do, as best as we can and hope nothing happens to our trigger fingers...... i will try to keep y'all posted on my progress.... or lack thereof.

I currently do three miles on the treadmill and four sets of 250 crunchies every day. Three times a week I lift. At 53 I'm in good shape for a guy my age, I've lost 12 lbs in the last 2 months and need to lose another 15 lbs to get to my correct weight of 170. My motivation for all this self inprovement is wanting to get back into Taekwondo competition and oh yea--that frigging diagnosis of diabeties that hit me square in the face with a 2x4 about five months back. Total change of life style, man do I miss a cold beer on Friday after work.

I'll have to assume P.T. stands for Pizza and Tacos! :p

The Dr. told me I had to get in shape... I have attained round! :eek: Hey! Thats a shape!

Jc40

I currently do three miles on the treadmill and four sets of 250 crunchies every day. Three times a week I lift. At 53 I'm in good shape for a guy my age, I've lost 12 lbs in the last 2 months and need to lose another 15 lbs to get to my correct weight of 170. My motivation for all this self inprovement is wanting to get back into Taekwondo competition and oh yea--that frigging diagnosis of diabeties that hit me square in the face with a 2x4 about five months back. Total change of life style, man do I miss a cold beer on Friday after work.
I can relate to the diabetes deal.I am going to be 49 next month and i got hit with type 2 diabetes about four months ago.It does change your outlook and definately diet and physical regiment.Getting older can be so much fun.:eek:

I am sure you all are aware, but exercise is one of the best things you can do for diabetes. I am proud to hear you are doing it. I see so many patients that don't want to change there life styles and simply want to take a "pill". While that will certainly help, it is defiantly not the best answer. Good Job.

I'm Pullin' For Ya!!

several of my family members have developed it, so i know what a pain that is. Hoplites, YOU ROCK!! 4 sets of 250 crunches? ungodly. i am 42 and i probably can hardly do 5, but we'll see. my gout is finally gone for the most part so come monday, i 'll be gettin' after it. on mon,wed, fri, i'll be using The F.B.I. Aerobic Circuit and Weapons drills with snap caps. tue, thur i will be doing martial arts training and other weapons. i am currently training solo with my martial arts, unless you count the body bag{ no, not that kind:eek:} plus with my age and stuff, i'll try some modifications and streamline as best i can like no kicks above the waist, common sense stuff like that. my ultimate goal is to be able to complete the BUD/S Phase 2 Program. you guys r great!!:)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back