Philadelphia open carry

Retired Grunt

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/21/altercation-philadelphia-police-say-wont-look-way-open-carry-gun-owners/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo#comment[/URL]

Having lived in Philly for 10 years, I have found the PPD to be full of unprofessional, slovenly, bully's. I am generally supportive of LEO's. My father was an officer and detective on the PPD for 19 years, but if you put them up against the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, for example, they look pretty bad.

What the hell is this crap all about
Lt. Raymond Evers, a spokesman for the city police, told FoxNews.com that gun owners who open carry, which is legal in the city, may be asked to lay on the ground until officers feel safe while they check permits.

Yet the Police commissioner is defending the right of citizens to open carry in the city, while also disciplining the police sgt for the way he handled the stop. He is also upset at the choice of words the police sgt used during the stop. Sounds like the higher ups are standing behind the laws, and sending officers back to school for more education on OC laws. While the street level guys are acting like school yard thugs.Sounds as if there is tensions with in the ranks of the PPD over this issue.

For a while now, police safety has trumped individual rights.The protectors have become the protected, especially in Philadelphia.

fudo:202013 said:
Having lived in Philly for 10 years, I have found the PPD to be full of unprofessional, slovenly, bully's. I am generally supportive of LEO's. My father was an officer and detective on the PPD for 19 years, but if you put them up against the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, for example, they look pretty bad.

"Slovenly"....now thats a fancy word. I like it! Very appropriate use.

Police spokesman Evers said Fiorino appears to be inviting trouble from the law by "surreptitiously" recording his encounters with police.

What an asinine statement. Police record interactions with us for their safety and documentation so why is it when we do it for our own safety it's inviting trouble?

This is not the first time, it won't be the last...

Even more interesting than this particularly well-publicized case (kudos to the might of YouTube!), is the fact that this is not an isolated incident for the PPD. Others have had this problem for quite some time with little resolution - including the confiscation of their firearms and even their carry permits: http://bit.ly/uscmLcMxW I just wonder how much worse it's going to get for law abiding citizens before they have had enough and things get REALLY interesting.:nono:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back