Pharmacist Who Shot Man Robbing Store Charged With Murder

There is something to be said for the Southern Gentleman. It is a type that has gone by the wayside, and one I do hope experiences a revival.

Yes dear lady, things have gotten to be rather crude of late, however, do not fret. The South will rise again and chivalry and good manners will become the order of the day....once again. Save your Confederate money!!

Hope he "walks". If I was on the jury I would buy him some more ammo. The perps initiated the armed assault and one got what he needed. All he needs is one person who has ever been robbed on that jury and he will "walk" away clean. He has cleaned up a threat to society for years to come and needs to be commended. So very tired of theives and robbers getting away with a slap on the wrist.

Hope he "walks". If I was on the jury I would buy him some more ammo. The perps initiated the armed assault and one got what he needed. All he needs is one person who has ever been robbed on that jury and he will "walk" away clean. He has cleaned up a threat to society for years to come and needs to be commended. So very tired of theives and robbers getting away with a slap on the wrist.

The pharmacist in question has already been found guilty and sentenced to life. There will be appeals but those will not be in front of a jury. The fact is he went WAY too far. Chasing the guy out of the shop and shooting down the street was borderline but likely defensable as a guy running down the streat with a shotgun could endanger others. Even placing a parting shot into the guys brainpain on the way out the door could have been defensable as one could argue that his previous training taught him he could not leave a potential threat behind him. However, returning and shooting the boy while he was down, and after the threat was over, was coldblooded and excessive. He will have a hard time with appeals.

He's definitely going to have a hard time.

1. He shoots the unarmed kid rather than the one with the gun
2. He chases after the armed kid and fires shots down the street
3. He comes back after 15 seconds (a really long time in this situation), acquires another firearm, and puts five more rounds in the kid who has been down the entire time, who is still down, and who he has to almost step over to get to his second gun
4. He lied to police

Any one of those things could have flown, but taken together, they show a man who was unsure of his target and was careless in his shooting; had the time and presence of mind to pursue the felon after the threat was neutralized and engage in further careless shooting; and finally had the time and presence of mind to return to the scene, acquire a second weapon, and shoot the already unconscious accomplice.

At no time within this frame does he pick up the phone to call 911, and when police do respond, he lies.

All this just really stacks up against him.

Appalling as this all is, the family's reactions to the verdict were just as bad. The family(I assume of the dead boy) are shown in another vid, jumping and cheering and hugging each other. Yeah, your kid tries to rob a store and you're elated that his murderer is punished. There's something wrong with your priorities there.

While the "hardened by life" side of me would like to ascribe to the "No Prisoners" approach to countering BG threats of violence, (At least THAT vermin won't ever bother anyone again. Kind of a "civil service", IMHO.)...... you have a requirement to stop the dire threat, NOT act as judge, jury and executioner on the perp. (Besides, you KNOW how folks feel about the death penality these days. Ill advised, but "there it is".)

That is what the Law generally reads. Therefore, one should not exceed that, ever.

So what did this guy do? He went from a righteous shoot and local hero to cold blooded killer and jailbird. (More than likely.) It's supposed to be about self defense not hot tempered revenge.

..... and on the sarcastic side..... if you are going to "do" someone, make sure it is in the first exchange. No question(s), GI!

GG

All of us should remember that the gunor any other weapon that we carry is for defense of ourselves and others. Once you turn it into an offensive weapon then you become one of the BG's. That is what happened in this case. The fellow had all rights to defend himself but once the threat was over (whether or not you agree with it being over the jury did) his gun became an offensive weapon in the way he used it. Rememeber it is only, and always, a defensive weapon.

Omega Defense rule is assess threat, at least Triple Tap...before recipient falls or untill threat no longer exists. Then address secondary threat. 'Clear' doesn't refer to Sweep.. as in 'sweeping trash'. It just makes a bigger mess that takes a lot longer to rectify... and costly.

tobeararms, Said it best. emotions can not control our actions. Now he will have, a heavy price to pay. I feel for the pharmacist.
we all as CCW holders must learn from this guys mistake. I only hope it all turns out well for the Pharmacist. I think he has a long road ahead of him.

tobeararms, Said it best. emotions can not control our actions. Now he will have, a heavy price to pay. I feel for the pharmacist.
we all as CCW holders must learn from this guys mistake. I only hope it all turns out well for the Pharmacist. I think he has a long road ahead of him.
+1 - He could be in for a ton of financial distress, even if he beats the charges. The legal fees will be huge!

+1 - He could be in for a ton of financial distress, even if he beats the charges. The legal fees will be huge!

Unless he can get it overturned on appeal which is doubtful he is going to prison for the rest of his life. The jury found him guilty of murder so financial distress is no longer a problem. Three hots and a cot for the rest of his life is guaranteed.

Well.. he now has to look on the brighter side. He 'IS' a Pharmacist. Pharmacia IS in great demand these days in this country.... Especially in his new 'Market Territory'. Who knows, he may do quite well with no overburden brought about by govt restrictions and regulations. As a master in his trade, 'Protection' is almost guaranteed. Taxes are now a thing of the past. Filling out those troubling forms? Now 'The State' picks up the cost of housing and feeding. Food costs are inflating rapidly as is fuel, so he is exempt from those items the govt has so conviently deleted from it's 'Inflation Guestimates'. The only sure thing lost is his 2nd amendment. Now That is Bummer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back