Person tased for getting out license too slowly

Pure abuse of power there... Anyone know where this happened?

He says it in the start of the tape. This is so and so with the austin police department. Police get kicks out of using the taser. Just goes to show you what would have happend if they did not have tasers? Would the cop have started to beat the man with a knight stick? Or peper spray? Or just shot the man? Let us not forget the police work for US not the other way around. With out our money they would not have gear/cars/pay/or a job. Stand up for our/your rights.

I'm sure this cop will get a few days off WITH pay and then the department will quietly forget it.

After all--the police are perfect protectors of all our rights...

WOW.... what a jacka**!! Talk about somebody waking up on the wrong side of the bed!! This guy has no business wearing a badge:mad:

I'm sure this cop will get a few days off WITH pay and then the department will quietly forget it.

After all--the police are perfect protectors of all our rights...

Whatever the punishment was happened long ago. The incident happened in 2006.

Whatever the punishment was happened long ago. The incident happened in 2006.

Link Removed

"The video camera on O’Connor’s cruiser recorded what happened next: O’Connor walks up to Snelling’s car window and demands a driver’s license and registration. Snelling’s voice rises, saying, “Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” O’Connor shouts back, “No, not ‘whoa, whoa, whoa.’ ” He orders Snelling out of the car. Snelling complies, but O’Connor shocks him anyway with the Taser — all within 45 seconds of being stopped.

After an investigation, the department’s Internal Affairs office saw no need for disciplinary action. But then-Acting Chief Cathy Ellison reviewed it and ordered a three-day suspension for O’Connor, who served it and then returned to duty."

total abuse of power... however those of us that have dealt with the police on a regular basis have found when you run into one like that you do what he asks when he asks... you don't try to reason or "whoa" them or you get beat.

Thank god for the cameras in the cars now they can get caught for it.

That was total BS....

People like that shouldn't be allowed to be police officers.
Totally uncalled for and 70 in a 65 Zone in Austin, that is really &^%$#$.

Person could've had his rear plate stolen and didn't know it.

I knew a few of these type of officers...EVERY one of them were the guy picked on in school...I have respect for a handful of them but the job in itself seems to attract people that have been punked all their life. So they decide to get a gun and a badge and all the sudden they're somebody...but in reality when they go home after work they're still pussies...

I knew a few of these type of officers...EVERY one of them were the guy picked on in school...I have respect for a handful of them but the job in itself seems to attract people that have been punked all their life. So they decide to get a gun and a badge and all the sudden they're somebody...but in reality when they go home after work they're still pussies...

I have heard this misconception many times but find it not to be true. However I believe that if you personally were to get a job in law enforcement than this would probably be true in your case.

I also disagree, but for different reasons. In many cases the guys in the small towns around here were the ones who were considered 'troublesome' in their youth. Not that they were "bad", but that they were not the ones you'd think would take to law enforcement later in life. If anything, they weren't the ones who were 'picked on', but rather the ones doing the picking!

I don't know which pisses me off more, the cops (I can't refer to him as an officer) actions or the fact that the chief gave him only three days suspension. His law enforcement certification should be suspended or revoked pending the outcome of a real psyche evaluation.

This cop WILL kill and innocent before the end of his career ... you can bet on that!

I don't know which pisses me off more, the cops (I can't refer to him as an officer) actions or the fact that the chief gave him only three days suspension. His law enforcement certification should be suspended or revoked pending the outcome of a real psyche evaluation.

This cop WILL kill and innocent before the end of his career ... you can bet on that!

Are LEO required to pass a medical and psychological test?
I am not just talking a physical test which I know our City and County don't have to pass, just the shooting test and exam which is pretty much hand fed to them during training.

I have heard this misconception many times but find it not to be true. However I believe that if you personally were to get a job in law enforcement than this would probably be true in your case.

hahaha wouldn't want any part of your job ...sorry bub

Like I said I DO respect a handful of them but nowadays the majority I encounter have a serious chip on their shoulder...maybey they get jaded or something due to the rise in crime but I've tried just talking with a few of them and they look at me like I'm ust another perp..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back