Permit processing

mattwestm

Just accepted a job offer in Johnson County. How long does it take the sheriff to process permit applications?

Can be legally up to 30 days I believe....Johnson county isn't one of the better ones from what I've been hearing. Seen some articles about the Sheriff not being too warm to the idea of 'Shall Issue" from the get-go.

When you expected to arrive here by the way?
We have a few different IDPA clubs in the area and one very near your new location in Linn County.

Flashback,
I live in IA but have never heard of the IDPA clubs, Could you give me some info.
Thanks dlh

Flashback,
I live in IA but have never heard of the IDPA clubs, Could you give me some info.
Thanks dlh

Sure..check out
Link Removed

More info at the IowaFirearmsCoalition Link Removed but not sure in non-members can access the thread on 'competition and training' there.

And www.idpa.com as well.

Gene

waiting

If by SC you mean Scott County, I don't know why your seeing 90days. My good friend went this past Thursday and got his permit in 30 minutes. Same with me back in June,

sorry guy's....sc is anderson,south carolina..It's still 90 days.. don't know why It takes so long, unless they need help..

I've heard that it varies from county to county-if the sheriff isn't too warm on the CC idea. Sioux county sheriff likes to hold things up as much as he can as he is against citizens carrying. Lyon county, where I live, issued immediately (10 minutes). I just wish they offered the plastic card here-my paper permit is looking kinda rough.

I've heard that it varies from county to county-if the sheriff isn't too warm on the CC idea. Sioux county sheriff likes to hold things up as much as he can as he is against citizens carrying. Lyon county, where I live, issued immediately (10 minutes). I just wish they offered the plastic card here-my paper permit is looking kinda rough.

sioux county is also about 10 minutes. The plastic card is $10 extra. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R680 using Tapatalk 2

Took 24 hours for mine, Here in my county the sheriff also does the CCW on a plastic card with picture. Not a bad idea and looks like it will last the whole 5 years it is active.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back