Pennsylvania now recognizes Alabama permits.

defcon4

Legal Review Section Mailbox <[email protected]>
To:
'[email protected]'

Apr 18 at 8:57 AM

We have recently completed a review of all reciprocity. I am pleased to inform you that Pennsylvania now recognizes Alabama licenses to carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania. Please visit our new website for more information: Link Removed

Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 2:04 PM
To: Info <[email protected]>
Subject: Contact Us Form Details

Above is a e-mail I received from the Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General stating that Pennsylvania now honors Alabama permits. I thought it may be of interest to anybody from Alabama who travels into or through Pennsylvania. Also may be a good idea to update the reciprocity map.

Kudos to Pennsylvania for deciding to honor Alabama's permits! At the same time, Pennsylvania decided to honor the permits only of residents of the states they honor. PA had earlier instituted such resident restrictions for Utah, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, and Virginia, but for some reason did not include other states (e.g., New Hampshire). Now residency requirements apply to all states. Note also that after May 16, 2018, PA will no longer honor Virginia permits, whether resident or nonresident.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back