Pennsylvania Mom Gets Back Concealed Gun Permit

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
LEBANON, Pa. -- A mother who angered fellow parents when she openly carried a pistol to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game got her concealed weapons permit back Tuesday after a Pennsylvania judge overruled a sheriff's decision to revoke it.

Meleanie Hain lost the permit after other parents complained about the presence of the gun during a soccer game on Sept. 11. Lebanon County Judge Robert Eby, who said he also is a gun owner with a concealed weapons permit, said the law required him to return Hain's permit.

But he questioned her judgment, saying she "scared the devil" out of others at the soccer field.

"Fear doesn't belong at a kid's soccer game from any source," Eby said.

Hain testified at the Tuesday hearing that she did not intend to intimidate anyone but felt she had to carry the gun openly because warm-weather clothing made it difficult to hide a firearm. She said her husband's line of work, which was not disclosed, made her a "greater target" than the average person.

"I'm certainly not looking to shoot anyone over a goal," she told Eby, also adding that she had carried an unconcealed firearm without any problems in the past.

George Christianson, a lawyer for the Lebanon County Sheriff's office, said the decision would not be appealed.

Hain said she was satisfied and plans to take her gun to a youth soccer game in the future.

"People have the right to voice their opinion ... and I have a right to my Second Amendment right," she said. "A gun-free zone says to a criminal: 'Easy target.'"

Source: Link Removed

I'm really glad she got her gun permit back. I know it's not the smartest decision in the world to carry a gun unconcealed but it's her right. Anit-gun folks this day and age need to grow up it's a different world now. Everyone has a gun and I'm sure most of them belong to people who wanna take what you got and threaten your family. I carry a 38 on my ankle so it's always concealed but I know I would also be a little nervous if I saw an average joe on the street with a pistol in the open. All these goofy liberals that think banning guns is gonna do any good are extremely immature in their thinking. One of my favorite quotes is "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."

I carry In a OWB holster. Covered up by a t-shirt or something else. Idk if i will stay will that or go with a IWB holster.

:butcher:
I'm really glad she got her gun permit back. I know it's not the smartest decision in the world to carry a gun unconcealed but it's her right. Anit-gun folks this day and age need to grow up it's a different world now. Everyone has a gun and I'm sure most of them belong to people who wanna take what you got and threaten your family. I carry a 38 on my ankle so it's always concealed but I know I would also be a little nervous if I saw an average joe on the street with a pistol in the open. All these goofy liberals that think banning guns is gonna do any good are extremely immature in their thinking. One of my favorite quotes is "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."

How may BG can you think of OC a gun holstered on their belt?

BTW, welcome to the forum.

gf

I went to the trial where she got her permit back. Quite an interesting experience!

Imagine about 25-30 people, all but one person carrying a gun (and most of us open carrying) into a courthouse. One by one, we checked our guns at the door.

Then we crammed in the courtroom to listen to arguments from both sides. Basically, the sheriff's side was that someone complained, and so she was a risk hence the revocation. What a joke that was.

I got a LOT of education about gun laws that day.

It's also why I almost always open carry nowadays. People need to understand that it is a right, and I will never back down from exercising my rights. That, and people need to realize that a gun does not automatically mean violence and fear.

Wow... I'm extremely happy that she got her permit back. Great education to the public, and a ha ha to the sheriff - it's officials like him that give law enforcement a bad name... (IMHO)

It isn't surprising that people are using her death as an anti-gun platform.

What they don't say is that her husband (her killer) was a parole officer, and was legally permitted to own/carry a gun. He would have had a gun even if private ownership of guns was illegal.

I met her at her court hearing way back when. She was a very nice woman, very welcoming. It's a shame it had to end for her like that. But now I feel even more sorry for her kids. Their parents are dead - their father shot and killed their mother and then offed himself. Imagine having to live with THAT for the rest of your life!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back