Para 1911 - 14-45 Double Stack

Bohemian

I recently bought a new Para 1911 Style 14-45 Double Stack in Covert Black and Steel Frame, Match Grade Barrel ... what I missed much to my dismay was the fact the grip safety is made out of plastic...
And I am not positive but upon close inspection the trigger looks to be made of plastic as well...
Disappointed is an understatement, if I wanted a toy I would have bought a glock...
Manufacturers link to the model that I bought:
Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Products

As there are plenty of after market 1911 accessories; I am curious if anybody knows if the Colt 1911 Grip Safety's will interchange on this piece?

I searched Para's site and found no parts listing for anything but mags and a few custom items...

Para-Ordnance, High-Quality Handguns: 1911 and LDA Pistols

Para USA: High-Quality Handguns

Thanks in advance.

My p14 limited has a steel grip safety and a plastic trigger. The trigger is ok and it would have to be a wide body style to replace.STI makes interchangeable parts. Mine has 2000 rounds the tupe and I have shot IBPA with it. I had a light rail installed on it and it is my house gun.15 rounds of 45 acp is great.Call para for more info.

With further discovery...

I have found that my Para Double Stack 1445EB, Covert Black, Steel framed 1911...
has a plastic mag release, plastic grips, plastic main spring housing, plastic grip safety and a plastic trigger...

I wrote Para with my displeasure and disappointment...
Para-Ordnance, High-Quality Handguns: 1911 and LDA Pistols
Para USA: High-Quality Handguns

I found that Brownell's has many of the parts...
Categories

As does fusion firearms...
Link Removed

And I friend of mine that owns one recommended Dlask as well...
https://www.dlaskarms.com/

And the best grips I have found so far look to be the
Hogue Para Ordnance Rubber Grips, with the finger grooves...

I was hoping to be able to use standard 1911 grips, so that I could use the Pachmayr Signature Series Grips, which are my hands down favorite combat grip of all time...
In my view these grips are the single biggest improvement you can make to your shot group size, on any piece you put them on...

I am told all parts but the trigger, grips and mag release are the same as a single stack 1911...

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back