Packing Heat

Madpegtod;
I totally agree more people need to be informed by us (people who carry) than by the "media" The "media" will Always put their left wing slant on anything and everything and that will be(is) the downfall of this GREAT Country that so many have suffered for. I WILL DIE FOR THE TRUTH TO PREVAIL AND THE SAFTY OF ME AND MINE ALONG WITH MY NEIGHBORS AND COUNTRYMEN

I was stationed with Mead at one point, he's a good man and a high speed Airman.

Thanks, bro. IDK who you are but thanks. Obviously these clowns don't know the whole story. Wilkes and I were really just shopping for groceries for like 5 minutes then left. We weren't skipping down the aisles screaming for revolution.

For the flat-top folks: No, the CC didn't give me a talking to... actually the command just said, "Let us know if you need help getting your gun back". That should tell you most of the story.

To the OP: Thanks for posting. Stay safe, stay second amendment.

Hey Zach. Alot of people here haven't followed it as close as us from GCO and GeorgiaPacking.Org have and don't know all the details. I can't stand people who want someone to fit the same mold that they do. I.E. dress the same, haircut the same, act the same, etc. People like that seem to be no better than....what word am I looking for here...Oh Yeah!!!!.... COMMUNISTS! There! I said it! I am straight-laced and clean cut, no tattoos, don't smoke, don't drink, always dress in a button-up shirt, etc. However; I have absolutely nothing against those who aren't like me.

Alot of people on here who claim to be pro-2A would have graciously bowed out when faced with what you went through. Most people's idea of supporting the 2nd Amendment is joining the ever-compromising NRA and sitting back and watching. Your case is part of the reason I have decided to mostly open carry. Since then, I have had the opportunity to talk with several people about the 2A and their rights just by OC'ing. Many people who own guns are not aware of their constitutional rights to carry. I have directly led to at least one person getting their GFL. This is how grass roots works folks. Education starts with people like us. Thank you for standing up for OUR rights.

Have to disagree with you on this one, Tatt.

What I'm saying is that this guy, whether he's carrying or not, is an embarrassment. It's bad enough that gun owners are demonized by the media, and then this weirdo comes along and makes us look even worse. If you don't feel embarrassed by him, you're certainly entitled not to, but I do, and for good reason.

I assume, from your net handle, that you have a tattoo or three. In the minds of a lot of people, especially the conservative types more likely to carry, would consider you and others who look like you, to be "criminal" types. Is that fair? No, it absolutely is not. But I believe that it is unreasonable to expect anyone to act "a certain way" in order to qualify for their civil rights. Trust me, if I had to wade through a sea of tatoo'd freak shows that look weird, but don't commit violent assaults, I say "Burning Man for everyone!"

Just remember that "weird" is extremely subjective. I think that we already have pretty good criteria for the limitation of our rights in relation to the second amendment. Forget for a moment that this was an honorably serving member of our military (if you can); he is obviously not a felon, and has not been deemed psychologically dangerous. Therefore, in my opinion he is more than welcome to carry proudly.

My .02

Hey Zach. Alot of people here haven't followed it as close as us from GCO and GeorgiaPacking.Org have and don't know all the details. I can't stand people who want someone to fit the same mold that they do. I.E. dress the same, haircut the same, act the same, etc. People like that seem to be no better than....what word am I looking for here...Oh Yeah!!!!.... COMMUNISTS! There! I said it! I am straight-laced and clean cut, no tattoos, don't smoke, don't drink, always dress in a button-up shirt, etc. However; I have absolutely nothing against those who aren't like me.

Alot of people on here who claim to be pro-2A would have graciously bowed out when faced with what you went through. Most people's idea of supporting the 2nd Amendment is joining the ever-compromising NRA and sitting back and watching. Your case is part of the reason I have decided to mostly open carry. Since then, I have had the opportunity to talk with several people about the 2A and their rights just by OC'ing. Many people who own guns are not aware of their constitutional rights to carry. I have directly led to at least one person getting their GFL. This is how grass roots works folks. Education starts with people like us. Thank you for standing up for OUR rights.

You're welcome. I'd expect nothing less of anyone else. Thanks to anyone who's joined GCO because of this story.

As a law abiding gun owner and CCW permit holder, I care, and you should too.

Wasnt HE a law abiding gun owner and ccw permit holder? Why would we as fellow law abiding gun owners and permit holders want to do anything but support his rghts. Per the story he in no way did anything to endanger himself or any body else, and I dont think we need to start pointing fingers and criticising. He has the right to dress anyway he wants and as far as I can tell his actions were within the realm of lawful and responsible. Remember there are those that say similar things about us when we exercise our right to OC. We are the cooks giving gun owners a bad image and rep.

I can see why the officer might have questioned him, but after learning the details he should have never confiscated his weapon and not have returned it to him.

I'm pretty sure if I had seen a person in the checkout line of the local market wearing a sombrero, playing a guitar, singing, buying alcohol and wearing a weapon in the open I would have left and called police also.

After finding out he was active duty military, had a CWP, and was not intoxicated I would have let him go about his business. Had I been the store owner or manager, I would have asked the gentleman never to return and scare my customers away again.

While a CWP may entitle us to do so, having a bit of common sense should tell us this was not a smart thing to do.

I just feel that "we" as gun owners and especially those of us that choose to carry open and or concealed, are just smart about how we go about doing just that. People are ignorrant, nosey, stupid and typically can't mind their own business.....so we really need to take that into consideration. It is going to depend on where you live, and or the situation you are in....that can ultimately decide how folks will react. You can't cure stupid, and many people are just plain stupid and lack any common sense. I don't want to bring any unwarranted attention upon myself, and when I do open carry I just simply go about my normal business.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back