P3at

RDW

I picked up a new in box P3AT at the gun show today. $270.00 out the door, now I need some words of wisdom about ammo for the little booger. Can some of you TEC owners tell me what you are feeding yours. Thanks

I use Hydro-Shoc in mine with out a problem. Nice buy by the way. I also would take it to the range and put some rounds thru it as it will not shoot like a larger gun. take some getting use to.

I've had one since February and the Hydras work great.

Definitely put some rounds through it...I found it difficult to hold onto at first because of the small size. I use regular WWB for range ammo.

I have shot both Gold Dots and Hydro-shok though mine and all feed fine. Good price also. Enjoy it.

I use mostly Hydra and have shot Gold Dot. Definately give it a bunch of break in rounds and then a good fluff & buff. They have a nasty habit of jamming in the beginning, if this starts to rear its ugly head, just clean it and shoot some more, they all settle down to really dependable guns in a few hundred rounds.

BTW: because of clothing requirements in S Florida, the P-3AT is my primary carry gun and I love it.

Warning about the magazine release. It will wear out quickly because it's made of plastic. Your Kel-Tec magazines are metal. I have to send my P3AT back to Kel-Tec for that reason. Kel-Tec mag releases should be made of metal, not plastic. This is an issue with all Kel-Tec pistols, not just the P3AT.

Warning about the magazine release. It will wear out quickly because it's made of plastic. Your Kel-Tec magazines are metal. I have to send my P3AT back to Kel-Tec for that reason. Kel-Tec mag releases should be made of metal, not plastic. This is an issue with all Kel-Tec pistols, not just the P3AT.
That sucks. About how long did you have it before that happened? Mine hasn't worn out yet after about 8 months, rotating about every 2 weeks.

That sucks. About how long did you have it before that happened? Mine hasn't worn out yet after about 8 months, rotating about every 2 weeks.
Didn't take long. Didn't even get enough rounds through it to put on my NV CFP. Granted I bought it used through gunbroker.

This is a common issue if you frequent the Kel-Tec User's Group forum. All Kel-Tec pistols have this issue. The metal magazine wears out the plastic magazine release. The only solution is to have a metal magazine release which Kel-Tec does not provide. If you own a Kel-Tec pistol or equivalent where you have a metal magazine being held in place by a plastic magazine release it will wear out. The metal magazine will just erode the plastic on the magazine release. It seems to be more pronounced on the P32 and P3AT pistols. My P-11 hasn't worn out yet. That one I did buy new.

It's been six days now. Have you taken it to the range yet? Also, how have you been doing carrying it so far?

Range report

Well ...I can tell you right up front that it took a little getting used to. lol. I like it, no failures on feeding or ejecting. The small grip is quite a jump from the Colt series 80 that I have been carrying. The groups are getting smaller and after a couple more trips to the range I think that I will be comfortable enough with it to start carrying it. I put a belt clip on it and have try-ed it in the front right pocket and the right rear pocket. I have to pay attention or the belt clip will take a bite out of my right index finger. It is so much lighter than the colt I think it will be a joy to carry. Thanks everybody for all the advice and input

Check the laws where you are at the clip may not be legal. Here in Ohio you must have the gun in a holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back