oy, 12, wounded near Phoenix shooting range

RRGlock23

Boy, 12, wounded near Phoenix shooting range

Mar. 13, 2010 01:05 PM

A 12-year-old boy is being treated for a gunshot wound after he was accidentally shot near the Ben Avery Shooting Range in north Phoenix Saturday morning.

Phoenix police say the boy was wounded in the arm and the torso.

A medical helicopter flew the boy to St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix.

No foul play is suspected. The boy is reported in serious condition.

I am hoping the boy is okay. It's important for everyone knows the firearm safety and surrounding by stander. It could happen accident by the shooter. --- RRGlock23

That's horrible. I'm assuming someone else was using the gun improperly, I'm having a hard time imagining how you'd wound yourself in the arm and torso if you yourself were shooting the gun.

Hope he recovers quick, he's still young so I'm sure after the shock wears off he'll bounce back in no time. I swear before I hit my teenage years I was invincible. I could fall down hills (rocky, tree strewn, snake filled hills....and I fought a bear when I was only 3), get hit in the face with just about anything, go flying off my bike without a helmet and get up without much more than a scratch. Now it seems every time I stub my toe I break the damn thing, I'm only in my twenties, I'm dreading hitting 30.

That's horrible. I'm assuming someone else was using the gun improperly, I'm having a hard time imagining how you'd wound yourself in the arm and torso if you yourself were shooting the gun.

Hope he recovers quick, he's still young so I'm sure after the shock wears off he'll bounce back in no time. I swear before I hit my teenage years I was invincible. I could fall down hills (rocky, tree strewn, snake filled hills....and I fought a bear when I was only 3), get hit in the face with just about anything, go flying off my bike without a helmet and get up without much more than a scratch. Now it seems every time I stub my toe I break the damn thing, I'm only in my twenties, I'm dreading hitting 30.

Just wait 'till you hit your 60's. My advice, invest in a lot of protective gear.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back