Owning modern day assault weapons

checo316

checo316
Is there anybody that knows a way for a civilian to be legally able to own modern day assault weapons. I am never going to be able to pass the physical tests for the military or police academy is there any other way to get those types of weapons. I know about being able to buy the class three weapons but i hear u could only buy guns form certain years so if anyone can clarify that or has an answer please message me thanks

Is there anybody that knows a way for a civilian to be legally able to own modern day assault weapons. I am never going to be able to pass the physical tests for the military or police academy is there any other way to get those types of weapons. I know about being able to buy the class three weapons but i hear u could only buy guns form certain years so if anyone can clarify that or has an answer please message me thanks

The short answer:
By saying "assault" you mean full automatic. The weapon must have been manufactured before May 19, 1986. But the cost of a class 3 weapon is high. A M-16 will cost you $10,000-$20,000. If you mean semi-auto than just go to a gun store and buy one. A very good AR-15 will cost you $900-$1500.

Is there anybody that knows a way for a civilian to be legally able to own modern day assault weapons.

Assault is a criminal act, not a type of gun. The phrase "Assault Rifle" is loved by the Liberal media, because its' very name conveys fear and malice to the un-informed.

Finally politicians with a gun control agenda, use it to mis-classify semi-automatic rifles, as military fully automatic rifles.

Words have meanings that Liberal/Pervgressives try to use to distort, and twist their true meanings to a new Orwellian newspeak: affirmative action = discrimination against white men, diversity = anyone but Caucasian, social justice = redistribution of wealth, economic justice = more welfare, investment = higher taxes, public safety = police state, hateful = true, insensitive = true, objective = liberal point of view, centrist = far left liberal, etc.........

Here's a Liberal Lexicon:
The Liberal Lexicon A Conservative's Dictionary of Libberish

Link Removed

Most of what the media protrays as "assult rifles" are mainly semi automatic firles that LOOK like military rifles. Semi auto means you squeeze the trigger one time for every shot you make. Full auto, class 3, rifles mean when ou squeeze the trigger, moire than one shot comes out. A someone said, full auto M16s start around $10K. You need a machine gun lcense usually. Where I live, you have to be a bonafide collector or a police trainer to get that license.

An AR 15 is an M16 for civilians. Its semi auto. One squeeze=one bang.

Most of what the media protrays as "assult rifles" are mainly semi automatic firles that LOOK like military rifles. Semi auto means you squeeze the trigger one time for every shot you make. Full auto, class 3, rifles mean when ou squeeze the trigger, moire than one shot comes out. A someone said, full auto M16s start around $10K. You need a machine gun lcense usually. Where I live, you have to be a bonafide collector or a police trainer to get that license.

An AR 15 is an M16 for civilians. Its semi auto. One squeeze=one bang.

As usual, the media is wrong. Semi-automatic rifles are not "assault weapons".

Assault is a criminal act, not a type of gun. The phrase "Assault Rifle" is loved by the Liberal media, because its' very name conveys fear and malice to the un-informed.

the muskets carried by the citizens in the revolutionary war were the "assault rifles" at the time and if gun control had limited them to just owning lesser weapons like bow & arrows, then that war would have been different.

citizens need so called "assault rifles" in order to defend against attackers carrying "assault rifles. Who the potential attackers are is what everybody is always afraid to come out and say when having the argument. They will say defend against tyranny etc but nobody ever says in media interviews that the people need to be armed in order to defend against military attackers whether foreign or "domestic"

If you need to "get off" on shooting a full-auto weapon, there are ranges around the country where you can pay to shoot one. The coolness of it wears off pretty fast, and you find yourself with the selector on "semi" much more than "full", which means that you could have spent 1500 bucks on the most modern, highest quality AR rather than $15K on a 25+ year old gun with a feature you seldom use.

But if you gotta, you gotta, and I fully understand.

And no, I really don't recommend you joining the military or a police force just to shoot a full-auto weapon. You will be highly disappointed.

I hope you are not a Brady Troll? ;-) If you are, nobody here will give you any advice on how to illegally obtain a full auto assault rifle, we simply don't do that. We may not like some laws but that doesn't mean we don't respect and obey them.

If you are not looking for full auto capability the choices are actually endless, you can get from very cheap to very high end civilian legal versions of most modern day assault rifles at your local gun store.

One option on a budget is possibly the slidefire stock system. It won't really technically turn a regular rifle in a full auto version but it will give you an effect that is almost the same. And it is perfectly legal.

And yes there are ways for civilians to legally possess full auto weapons. But to do so is going to cost you a lot of time and a good deal of money. It involves becoming an 01 or 07 FFL, paying for the 03 SOT, and being involved with the local police depts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
Anyone can buy an ak or ar or a body of author assault weapons.

Huh? Your message makes no sense.

Just taking a wild guess here, but I believe the word "author" should be "other" ... like another example of "auto-correct gone wild."

And yes there are ways for civilians to legally possess full auto weapons. But to do so is going to cost you a lot of time and a good deal of money. It involves becoming an 01 or 07 FFL, paying for the 03 SOT, and being involved with the local police depts.

No offense, but that is not correct.

1) you submit an application to BATF, which includes fingerprints and a form signed by the senior LEO in your area (usually the County Sheriff)
2) Pass the BATF background check.
3) Pay a one-time fee of $200.
4) Take your BATF approved permit to a class III FFL, and choose a pre-'86 full auto weapon.

Some states that have additional restrictions, or outright prohibitions, but in most states, the above procedure covers it. Also as noted, have at least a 5 figure bank account, as full auto weapons available to civilians (PRE-'86) are extraordinarily expensive.

I had a friend who was a class III FFL, and another friend who followed the above procedure, planning to buy an American 180 ( full auto .22, awesome weapon, check it out if your unfamiliar with it). The entire approval procedure took about 6 weeks, but the buyer ultimately declined the purchase. This was in Ohio.

See the info at this link. Similar info can quickly be found with google.

Is it legal to own or buy a fully automatic firearm? - Yahoo! Answers

I still have one of these around somewhere. Bought it when I owned a 10-22. Gave the 10-22 to my son, but kept the device. It was fun, but had to be used with a tripod if you actually wanted to hit something.

Link Removed

Curious...do any of you distinguish assault rifle (a very specific style of rifle) and assault weapon (basically scary guns)?

I was on Wiki recently and they distinguish the two. They aren't absolute or correct on everything, but what say you guys?

Curious...do any of you distinguish assault rifle (a very specific style of rifle) and assault weapon (basically scary guns)?

I was on Wiki recently and they distinguish the two. They aren't absolute or correct on everything, but what say you guys?
I personally understand the difference, but realize that most people don't have a clue.

I had a friend who was a class III FFL, and another friend who followed the above procedure, planning to buy an American 180 ( full auto .22, awesome weapon, check it out if your unfamiliar with it). The entire approval procedure took about 6 weeks, but the buyer ultimately declined the purchase. This was in Ohio.
The American Model 180 appeared to be one of the coolest guns made and I really wanted one BAD when they came out. I still like the idea of a full-auto .22....probably the only full-auto I would care to own as a civilian. (READ: afford to shoot) lol

The American Model 180 appeared to be one of the coolest guns made and I really wanted one BAD when they came out. I still like the idea of a full-auto .22....probably the only full-auto I would care to own as a civilian. (READ: afford to shoot) lol

With a firing rate of 1200 rounds/min (that's 20 rounds per second, or a whole brick of .22s in 25 seconds ), it would still eat up money pretty quick, even with .22s. It would empty its 177 rd drum magazine in about 9 seconds.

Amazing weapon. As I remember, when my friend was planning to buy one, (1987) they sold for about $2000

No offense, but that is not correct.

1) you submit an application to BATF, which includes fingerprints and a form signed by the senior LEO in your area (usually the County Sheriff)
2) Pass the BATF background check.
3) Pay a one-time fee of $200.
4) Take your BATF approved permit to a class III FFL, and choose a pre-'86 full auto weapon.

Some states that have additional restrictions, or outright prohibitions, but in most states, the above procedure covers it. Also as noted, have at least a 5 figure bank account, as full auto weapons available to civilians (PRE-'86) are extraordinarily expensive.

See the info at this link. Similar info can quickly be found with google.

Is it legal to own or buy a fully automatic firearm? - Yahoo! Answers

Respectfully, there is no such thing as a Class III FFL. There are Type 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 , 08, 09, 10, or 11 FFLs. 01 types pay a Class 3 SOT tax to sell NFA Title II weapons on top of the FFL. 07 types pay a Class 2 SOT tax on top of the FFL to sell Title II weapons. Type 11s pay a Class 1 SOT tax on top of the FFL to sell Title II weapons. You can be a Type 01 FFL and sell semi-autos or pay the extra tax and add on the right to sell NFA Title II weapons but you still are a Type 01 FFL. And you can't get the Class 3 SOT by itself. From the ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Firearms
Q: When must firearms special (occupational) taxes be paid and how much are the taxes?

These taxes must be paid in full on first engaging in business and thereafter on or before the first day of July. The current taxes are set out in the following table.
Special (Occupational) Tax Rates Under The NFA
Class of Taxpayer Annual Fee
1. Importer of Firearms (Including “Any Other Weapon”) $1000.00
2. Manufacturer of Firearms (Including “Any Other Weapon”) $1000.00
3. Dealer of Firearms (Including “Any Other Weapon”) $500.00
1. Importer of Firearms (Including “Any Other Weapon”) REDUCED* $500.00
2. Manufacturer of Firearms (Including “Any Other Weapon”) REDUCED* $500.00

REDUCED = Rates which apply to certain taxpayers whose total gross receipts in the last taxable year are less than $500,000
FFL licenses can run at different times than the SOTs do also. SOTs are due July 1 of each year. The Type 01 FFLs can be any month and are 3 years in length. Type 03 FFL are collectors of Curios and Relics and are not dealers.

An FFL # is in this form: X-XX-XXX-XX-XX-XXXXX. X7 and X8 are the Type. X9 is the expiry year and X10 is the letter for the month of expiry. X11-15 are the dealer number. Our Type 01 FFL runs till 1 Sept of 2015 so it would be X-XX-XXX-01-5J-XXXXX

It is not a one time $200 either. Lose your tax stamp and you have to pay again. And it is per gun or NFA Title II item. Three NFA Title II guns will cost you $600 in tax stamps alone.

Note the title of the thread. "Modern day." Yes you can buy a registered pre-86 with a little work and monies ( I.E. corp or gun trust ) but a modern day full auto weapon is a whole 'nother matter. They can't be registered to civilians. Nor can guns made before 86, that were made then but not registered, be registered now. So that leaves LEOs, Gov'ts and FFLs ( other than Type 03 ) that can possess them and the FFLs only if they are current on their SOTs and other paperwork.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back