OWB holster that covers skin at top/slide

johndp1911

Any recommendations on a good OWB holster that has some kind of covering for the skin so that the normal exposed rail (while in holster) doesn't contact kidney or stomach skin? Have been looking but not even sure what theyre called. Thanks

Any recommendations on a good OWB holster that has some kind of covering for the skin so that the normal exposed rail (while in holster) doesn't contact kidney or stomach skin? Have been looking but not even sure what theyre called. Thanks

Rail? What handgun rail would come in contact with skin while being on an OWB holster? Are you talking about the slide? Many OWB holsters cover the slide. The question is how much you want to have covered. What's your motivation for this?

Safariland | Model 7377 7TS™ ALS® Concealment Belt Slide Holster
Safariland | Model 7 Shadow® II Pancake-Style Holster
Link Removed

Are you talking about a sweat guard? They are usually on iwb but if you go for a high quality holster you can ask for most anything that you are willing to pay for. Try high noon or Bullard maybe even milt sparks.

I have found wearing a t-shirt or an A-type t shirt tucked in makes carrying IWB OR OWB almost like not carrying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very good recommendation for you. I carry my Springfield XDs45 w/Crimson Trace in a Link Removed Series size 4 English Bridal leather holster. It has a tab (Protector) that keeps the gun off of your skin. It is very comfortable and I carry in it almost every day.

VVRlUv6l.jpg

I second the wearing of an A shirt or T tucked in. I wear the T's in the winter, & A's in the summer.

I have no idea what an A shirt is. I googled these and did not get a straight answer.

My own full sized High Noon OWB leather holster protects my full sized CZ 97B 45ACP completely. All contact is metal to leather, except for the grip of course.

I wear this like an IWB holster by putting it on its own gun belt and strapping it on over my skivis and T-shirt and under my trousers and untucked shirt (over-shirt). I can also tuck the shirt if I want, and wear a sweater over the shirt. Normally I wear a jacket over this as well.

Ergo my trousers conceal the lower portion of the holster, and my over-shirt or sweater conceal the upper portion. This results in perfect concealment, and yet I can still draw almost as fast as from open-carry.

So for those wanting an IWB holster I recommend an OWB one and then wearing it under your trousers on a separate gun belt.

For summers, a sleeveless cut-off sweatshirt works fine and is plenty cool, with perfect concealment.

For winters, I layer my clothing of course, with easy access to the pistol at the 3 oclock position IWB with the OWB holster.

DeSantis like Darkstar 88 said. I have one for my LC9 & PX4 Storm. Both great & comfortable [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I have heard of "tank top" just not sure what it means. Googling it shows it to be a "wife beater".
More specifically, a tank top is usually a sleeveless shirt with a scoop neckline and made of t-shirt fabric. It has an athletic connotation. (Of course, non-athletes can wear them, too, at their own risk of revealing a less-than-athletic physique.) A "wife-beater" shirt is usually a sweat shirt or casual button-front shirt that has its original sleeves cut off to make it sleeveless. It has a red-neck connotation. Supposedly the guys' arms are so muscular they can't fit into long-sleeved shirts; in reality, they're usually just fat.

I carry a Glock 43 or a Colt 1911 Defender in a left hand IWB "clip on" Taqua Yaqui belt slide holster worn OWB (clipped on belt) on my right side. Worn under an un-tucked T-shirt, the gun is close enough to the body as to be undetectable and not come in contact with any skin.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back