Overnight stay in PA

sig_man

I will be traveling to PA for a business meeting in two months and will have an overnight stay. PA does not recognize my OH CCW and I do not think I will have my Utah CCW by then. If the handgun is kept in a lock case, unloaded and the ammo in another case (separate), will this be a problem. I have searched the laws and still not sure of the legal requirements.

Jrock3rd

This site (USA Carry) has excellent map info and permit details. I just found another site 2 days ago. If you go to it and click on PA it will send you a pdf with tons of information. I have not had much time to play with it yet, so give it a try and let me your thoughts. Hope it helps!
Link Removed

cgiven1

DAV-Patriot
Under FOPA it has to be an uninterrupted trip. An overnight stay doesn't qualify. Better hope your Utah arrives in time. Another option would be to go a day early and apply for a PA non-resident permit. Just make sure you research the county you will be staying in as not all issue to non-residents.

JimMullinsWVCDL

For the purposes of carrying in a vehicle only, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b)(11) recognizes all states' licenses. If you are outside a vehicle, you may open carry without a license unless you are on a public street or public property in a city of the first class (Philly), 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6108, or on any public street or public property during a state of emergency, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6107. An individual who has a valid Pennsylvania license to carry firearms or is among the litany of exceptions in 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b) (including a Link Removed's license or, for vehicle carry only, any other state's license) may carry a concealed firearm or open carry (including OC in a vehicle, in Philly, or during a state of emergency).

Curmudgeon

For the purposes of carrying in a vehicle only, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b)(11) recognizes all states' licenses. If you are outside a vehicle, you may open carry without a license unless you are on a public street or public property in a city of the first class (Philly), 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6108, or on any public street or public property during a state of emergency, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6107. An individual who has a valid Pennsylvania license to carry firearms or is among the litany of exceptions in 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b) (including a Link Removed's license or, for vehicle carry only, any other state's license) may carry a concealed firearm or open carry (including OC in a vehicle, in Philly, or during a state of emergency.

Quoted for truth. :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22