out-of-state CCW endorsement visibility to LEO

MajesticPete

Hi,

I am currently a resident of Missouri with a Utah CCW permit. Since I meet all of the MO-CCW requirements, I am thinking of also obtaining a MO CCW permit, just to support the state. I have recently came across the post that MO CCW endorsement will show up in DOR records (in case of traffic stops). Since DOR records are on the state level, and with my current UT CCW being an out-of-state permit, does it currently show up in MO DOR records , ie. during traffic stops?

TIA

It would be a safe idea to get a CCW in the state you reside in now. I don't know if it would show up because your CCW is from Utah. Find out if you have to inform a LEO of a pistol in the vehicle in Missouri. The state law section on this forum would have that imformation.

Get a Missouri permit. There are some states that only honor resident permits. and some that treat permit residency like drivers licenses. Right now your Utah permit would not allow you to carry in Colorado and probably others.
Check here Link Removed

Missouri ccw

I live in Missouri and specifically went with the Utah ccw for the simple
fact that it is a seperate card and does not show on your drivers license.
I got a ccw to keep it consealed so why on earth would I want it on my state
issued ID where when asked for ID for some obscure reason like cashing a check the person who
requested the ID now knows you are possibly armed.
As stated elsewhere consealed means consealed, if you get stopped by a LEO
then and only then should you flash your CCW

Wow. It seems that when you obtain you CCW in MO....you get a brand new driver's license...since they print that status on the DL! Thats....odd.

Link Removed

I cant imagine your UT would show up, since its not actually on your license the way the MO CCW is.

ETA: According to this Link Removed you CAN get a separate card rather than it being put on your DL....Police will still have the info if they run your info

To answer the op, No a Utah or any other nonresident permit does not show-up on your dmv record when pulled over

thx for the responces... As far as MO CCW endorsement on the DL goes... Yup, its not required to go on the DL; you may obtain a separate MO ID ($20 i beleive) that will carry that endorsement, but your DL ID will be clean.

My only concern with out-of-state CCW permit is that since it doesn't show up in the MO DOR records, would the LEO question the validity of it? Has anybody had any experience with such situations?

I got a ccw to keep it consealed so why on earth would I want it on my state
issued ID where when asked for ID for some obscure reason like cashing a check the person who
requested the ID now knows you are possibly armed.

You mean to say that Mo. shows your CCW endorsement on your DL. WOW!!! In Idaho our CCW is tied to our DL however no one would know except the LEO when he ran it for what ever reason. It's in the computer not on the document. like I said earlier, some states will not accept non-resident permits, ie. Colo. Your Utah permit would be worthless as you are not a resident of Utah and Colo. is not the only state like this. I still would opt. to have a resident permit and then get non-resident as to need or want.

Get the permit for the state you reside in. Trying to explain reciprocity by the side of the road on a nighttime traffic stop is not my idea of a good time.

thx for the responces... As far as MO CCW endorsement on the DL goes... Yup, its not required to go on the DL; you may obtain a separate MO ID ($20 i beleive) that will carry that endorsement, but your DL ID will be clean.

My only concern with out-of-state CCW permit is that since it doesn't show up in the MO DOR records, would the LEO question the validity of it? Has anybody had any experience with such situations?

In MO you can get the endorsement on your DL or separate ID (No extra fee).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back