Other essential carry gear ?

David E

I carry a reload, Fenix flashlight and Leatherman on the off-side.

This in addition to a Sebenza in the right pocket and a Spyderco Delica in the left.

There are a few other things, but these are the most important.

What items do YOU routinely carry in addition to your gun ?

Gun and back up gun. Extra magazine. Streamlight Strion flashlight, SOG tool. I am think about getting a short fixed blade knife of some kind to carry. Also my cell phone.

I carry my primary and backup guns, a Camilus folding tactical knife in each front pocket, a Tops Cockpit Commander fixed blade in my boot or on my belt, 2 extra mags, a Surefire E2D executive defender light and a cell phone.

Lee hand reloaders are small, lite, work great but are slow. Taking your time in the evenings you can reload quite a few rounds.

I always have my Blackberry (which can double as a weak light) and sometimes a pen and an earpiece. Any of those can be used as a close-in weapon if needed. The unassuming Berry also has a razor blade mounted to the battery.

I mostly work in an office or go to meetings during the day and an easily accessible knife or multi-tool would be difficult to conceal effectively, and would look very out of place if not concealed. It would be nice to see gun, knife and other concealment holsters made specifically for business attire. I have carried in a laptop case before but then I absolutely to keep the whole thing with me all day long.

I always have my Blackberry (which can double as a weak light) and sometimes a pen and an earpiece. Any of those can be used as a close-in weapon if needed. The unassuming Berry also has a razor blade mounted to the battery.

I mostly work in an office or go to meetings during the day and an easily accessible knife or multi-tool would be difficult to conceal effectively, and would look very out of place if not concealed. It would be nice to see gun, knife and other concealment holsters made specifically for business attire. I have carried in a laptop case before but then I absolutely to keep the whole thing with me all day long.

I had a pair of dockers with a hidden zipper pocket below the main side pocket built into the seem. It was impossible to see them unless you were inches away. I often carried a folding knife in that pocket. I think you could get any trousers tailored this way.

Cell Phone (to call LE/EMS)
Flashlight (SureFire 6Z)
Reload (extra magazine)
Knife (Spiderco Endura / Kershaw Leek)

Besides my "Primary Gun" here's what else I carry, in order of importance to me:

Cell Phone
Reload For Primary
Flashlight
Folding Knife
BUG
Fixed Blade Knife
Creds
Reload for BUG

I had a pair of dockers with a hidden zipper pocket below the main side pocket built into the seem. It was impossible to see them unless you were inches away. I often carried a folding knife in that pocket. I think you could get any trousers tailored this way.
That's an interesting concept that I hadn't considered. I'd like to find a tailor that specializes in concealed weapons.

Here's a pretty good discussion of suit holsters/carry methods.

Average load.

18" steel spring baton/folds-in to an 8" round black steel tube, a Gerber ® Pro Scout 600 multi-tool in black nylon belt-carry case, a 3.25" folder knife, in-pocket clip-on, a Sony micro-casette recorder, a Nikon Cool-pix L15 movie/stills (<30 mins on San-Disk 1GB memory card, or 4K 640 lo-res stills) 1" thin digital camera & 2 AA back-up batteries, a Nokia cell-phone, pepper/CS spray cannister 4", 1 set of thumb-cuffs, 24" black 50lb break-tested zip-lock ties (20) in back-flap of 'Camp-co' © desert tan load bearing/15 pocket mesh top/cotton lower, zippered, Velcro-ed & popper closures multi-purpose waist-coat/hunting/fishing/shooting or general sports top. A note-pad, BP pen, mini tooth-brush + paste, pack of gum, box of Certs, Visine, 2 hi-protien Glanola bars, an EMS window-punch, my garage door opener, 1 universal handcuff key sewn into a place my hands could reach if I ever had cuffs put on by Jo-Kidnapper, some folded fast-cash in $5's for pan-handlers :icon_drunk: or drive-thru junk food, 1-day supply of VA meds in a fancy metal pill-box w/folded VA Rx sheet as proof of current meds, 2 sets of graduated bi-focals: photovoltaic reading clear in hard case, same brand sun glasses in soft case, 1" bright orange emergency whistle, medical pen-light, current disabled parking plackards for out of my car into another's rear-view mirror hanger (WA & CA), 10 business-cards, toothpicks, lighter, x-tra pack of smokes, sm. pkt Kleenex tissues, Casio data-bank watch with 100 phone #'s & personal data; pass-code locked & calculator, not on my wrist. Total weight 12-15lbs. Overkill? Not really, had to use almost all of what's in there over last 5 years of casual-dressing/living in an area where many folks wear gear just like this. I still have room for two CC pistols, 3-mags per. Ups it to 20-25lbs tops. Plenty of space so no bulging or 'give-away' lumps. Or a nice cool few cans of Moutain Dew! The huge back cargo pocket folds out to carry a larger/heavy load if I want, keeping both hands free & hump heavier loads.
I normally carry a tubular aluminum 'walking cane', for a FUBAR L-knee; specs for that nice piece of orthopedic kit/sword-stick I covered in a post to 'Knives' a few weeks ago :happy:
My LBE in the Army carried 1/4 of this gear and looked pure GI-Joe, this looks like a regular out-door/multi-purpose waist-coat. Warm in winter, air flows thru in summer. Got 1 in tan and 1 in black, I added some patriotic/old Army unit pins, flags and 2 patches on the exterior and I look like your normal (?) 'poster-boy' Vet I see around town, almost standard wear for any VA trip, many of my fellow Vets look like Patton on a LRRP and I don't even want to know what's under them 'Nam-era OD-green field jackets they always wear, hot or cold! But when @ the VA or other no-weapons carry places the weapons part of my kit can not go so they stay in my wheels or @ home. All the rest check out good/legal to carry per local/State RCW's and show 'n tell to local LEO's prior to desinging my out & about functioning look. Added a JPG to this post. Meets all my needs & says who I am without yelling it too LOUD! U B the judge,

Canis-Lupus :mp230603214546Murde

battle mace?:sly:
Some people's keys might work for that. lol They might esp if you have a kubotan keyring.

I've seen some people carry small nunchaku, esp the kind with speedy bearings...I've never been particularly talented with them though. The smaller ones are difficult to pick up good momentum with, and it's hard to find good quality ones if you want them in an unconventional configuration.

I don't know where you'd find a well-constructed battle mace but I imagine you could make your own using a quality nunchaku and some scrap metal for the spike at the end. That would be interesting to see.

Some people's keys might work for that. lol They might esp if you have a kubotan keyring.

I've seen some people carry small nunchaku, esp the kind with speedy bearings...I've never been particularly talented with them though. The smaller ones are difficult to pick up good momentum with, and it's hard to find good quality ones if you want them in an unconventional configuration.

I don't know where you'd find a well-constructed battle mace but I imagine you could make your own using a quality nunchaku and some scrap metal for the spike at the end. That would be interesting to see.

Be careful. Carrying certain items could be illegal.

gf

Be careful. Carrying certain items could be illegal.

gf
Indeed. Fortunately, it's legal in Florida - the only normal things that are prohibited here are ballistic knives and for some bizarre reason, CWP holders can't carry pepper spray concealed. I don't carry chuks though, the full-size ones are rather big, and the small ones are not great even when weighted.

tried to learn

the chuks ala bruce lee, but got tired of..um.. racking my hoohah. i finally learned ways to use thechuks without all the flash and pizazz:ninja:

the chuks ala bruce lee, but got tired of..um.. racking my hoohah. i finally learned ways to use thechuks without all the flash and pizazz:ninja:
Don't put them in your pocket. lol

Against an armed individual, chuks are best used as a control device, and possibly as a modified garrote. You do need to have the element of surprise, though. Coming up behind a gunman, you can slip the chain over his head, or if comfortable with the idea, sling one chuck around his neck and catch it. From there, you quickly engage the two handles together, twist and he'll be in a lot of trouble. Even if he tucks his chin, you still have a grip with the chain/rope/hair, a tremendous leverage advantage, and strong choking surfaces on the left and right sides which will be effective under pressure. Depending on your relative sizes and positioning, you may then be able to kick his hand from behind and disable his access to the weapon. You can also kick to the rear of his knees to force him down and increase your leverage; however, a major weakness is that you will probably be unable to control his hands effectively. If he has a BUG however, he may reach for it - and he will have a fairly good idea of where you are based on his orientation, and he probably wouldn't hesitate to shoot backwards. A knife close to the hip is also an effective counterattack to such a maneuver.

So that was a little long-winded...just something to keep in mind if you happen to be in a "gun-free zone" and happen to both have a suitable weapon (chain, lamp cord...) available and be ideally positioned to stop a shooter threat.

18" steel spring baton/folds-in to an 8" round black steel tube, a Gerber ® Pro Scout 600 multi-tool in black nylon belt-carry case, a 3.25" folder knife, in-pocket clip-on, a Sony micro-casette recorder, a Nikon Cool-pix L15 movie/stills (<30 mins on San-Disk 1GB memory card, or 4K 640 lo-res stills) 1" thin digital camera & 2 AA back-up batteries, a Nokia cell-phone, pepper/CS spray cannister 4", 1 set of thumb-cuffs, 24" black 50lb break-tested zip-lock ties (20) in back-flap of 'Camp-co' © desert tan load bearing/15 pocket mesh top/cotton lower, zippered, Velcro-ed & popper closures multi-purpose waist-coat/hunting/fishing/shooting or general sports top. A note-pad, BP pen, mini tooth-brush + paste, pack of gum, box of Certs, Visine, 2 hi-protien Glanola bars, an EMS window-punch, my garage door opener, 1 universal handcuff key sewn into a place my hands could reach if I ever had cuffs put on by Jo-Kidnapper, some folded fast-cash in $5's for pan-handlers :icon_drunk: or drive-thru junk food, 1-day supply of VA meds in a fancy metal pill-box w/folded VA Rx sheet as proof of current meds, 2 sets of graduated bi-focals: photovoltaic reading clear in hard case, same brand sun glasses in soft case, 1" bright orange emergency whistle, medical pen-light, current disabled parking plackards for out of my car into another's rear-view mirror hanger (WA & CA), 10 business-cards, toothpicks, lighter, x-tra pack of smokes, sm. pkt Kleenex tissues, Casio data-bank watch with 100 phone #'s & personal data; pass-code locked & calculator, not on my wrist. Total weight 12-15lbs. Overkill? Not really, had to use almost all of what's in there over last 5 years of casual-dressing/living in an area where many folks wear gear just like this. I still have room for two CC pistols, 3-mags per. Ups it to 20-25lbs tops. Plenty of space so no bulging or 'give-away' lumps. Or a nice cool few cans of Moutain Dew! The huge back cargo pocket folds out to carry a larger/heavy load if I want, keeping both hands free & hump heavier loads.
I normally carry a tubular aluminum 'walking cane', for a FUBAR L-knee; specs for that nice piece of orthopedic kit/sword-stick I covered in a post to 'Knives' a few weeks ago :happy:
My LBE in the Army carried 1/4 of this gear and looked pure GI-Joe, this looks like a regular out-door/multi-purpose waist-coat. Warm in winter, air flows thru in summer. Got 1 in tan and 1 in black, I added some patriotic/old Army unit pins, flags and 2 patches on the exterior and I look like your normal (?) 'poster-boy' Vet I see around town, almost standard wear for any VA trip, many of my fellow Vets look like Patton on a LRRP and I don't even want to know what's under them 'Nam-era OD-green field jackets they always wear, hot or cold! But when @ the VA or other no-weapons carry places the weapons part of my kit can not go so they stay in my wheels or @ home. All the rest check out good/legal to carry per local/State RCW's and show 'n tell to local LEO's prior to desinging my out & about functioning look. Added a JPG to this post. Meets all my needs & says who I am without yelling it too LOUD! U B the judge,

Canis-Lupus :mp230603214546Murde

Would you mind posting a few picts of your set up? It seems like you have anything and everything at the ready at all times. Especially if no one knows about it.

Office carry

You should check out a Smartcarry. I wear mine at the office from April through October. Today I wore it with a full size 5" 1911 and a sapre mag. I am 5'4" 160lbs and you can't even tell....unless you're looking real close. Most folks won't bother looking at your crotch in the first place.

Surfcc

Here's my EDC:
1427jtd.jpg

If I had the room I might consider pepper spray! :rolleyesb:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan