Oregon Mall Shooter Was Confronted

ptco911

The shooter at the mall in Oregon was confronted by a licensed concealed carrier. You won't hear this on the news.

Link Removed

Was he allowed to CC in the mall because he was a security guard? If not, the way our society works, he probably would have been arrested if he had shot the psycho and saved others.

Awesome, and this is what we as CCL ower is trying to say that the police can't be everywhere all the time. Things could have been different if it hadn't went the way it did but when he saw the CCL owner he had to rethink his mission. This is what need to get out so they can see the good that us CCL owner will have a impact on situation like this. Awesome find and thank you.

Check the small URL. This article originally came from Northwest Cable News Network. Link Removed

We have ONE person who says this happened.... the person telling the story themselves. Where is the evidence he is telling the truth? Because the media broadcast what he told them? It's funny, if one cop tells a story about what happened when he shoots an armed citizen how many people will start clamoring about the cop lying and a cover up...... Just sayin'

We have ONE person who says this happened.... the person telling the story themselves. Where is the evidence he is telling the truth? Because the media broadcast what he told them? It's funny, if one cop tells a story about what happened when he shoots an armed citizen how many people will start clamoring about the cop lying and a cover up...... Just sayin'
This is true. Unless there was a security camera in the right place, there may be no further proof. I only pointed out that the report came from a news agency, not just a gun club newspaper. I do doubt, however, that he intended to only shoot 3 people, and this is a possible reason for that.

Mall Shooter/CPL holder confrontation verified...

Just playing devil's advocate here.... where is there any evidence the story is true?

I wrote to the reporter from KKGW, Michael Benner, Newschannel 8, whose name is on the report. Here is the conversation:

Me - "I have a question. How did you come to hear about this young man who confronted the shooter? Did he call your station, or did the information come from other sources? Is it possible to verify this account using mall security camera footage?

I would like to be able to tell others about this account, but I am always leery of single-sourcing my information. Any details that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!"

Michael - "I appreciate your concern. Nick didn't contact the station. We were tipped off to the story. In fact at first he denied our request for an interview, but then a day later he agreed. He was on the phone with dispatch during the encounter and was interviewed by detectives afterward. There's no way of obtaining surveillance footage."

At this point, that is as close to corroboration as you are going to get.

Good for him and the lives that he may have saved. Another unsung hero that the new's people will never tell about. Nor will the asswipe Obama tell anyone about.
Bill

This is a good example of how a "sheep dog" can make a difference. Had he did like many here suggest, only worry about himself and his family/friends, no telling how many more may have lost their lives.

MAN WITH CONCEALED CARRY GUN MAY HAVE STOPPED OREGON SHOOTER

Link Removed

by Link Removed 16 Dec 2012, 4:05 AM PDT Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedA former security guard with a concealed carry permit may have prevented Jacob Tyler Roberts, the 22-year-old who killed two people and critically wounded another when he opened fire at an Oregon shopping mall last Wednesday, from inflicting even more carnage.

Nick Meli claims after Roberts, saw his gun, Roberts killed himself.
"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," Meli said. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."
Meli Link Removed Portland, Oregon's NewsChannel 8 that as he was about to fire, he saw someone move in the background and never pulled the trigger because "I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them."
While at the mall with a friend and her baby, Meli "positioned himself behind a pillar" and took out his gun after hearing three gunshots.
Meli said the gunman "was working on his rifle" and "kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."
This break in the action gave Meli time to pull out his gun, which he claims the gunman saw before pulling the trigger on himself.
Meli eventually took cover at a nearby store.

Did google his name and this is what I found.

Oh my, another person with a gun. If you believe the hype from the liberal/progressive press more people would have died.
More did not died, so they will not run the story.

Here is another article addressing the same:

Virtually Unreported: CCW Holder Likely Prevented Larger Clackamas Mall Death Toll

Read more: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back