Ordering ammunition question

Yup that's basically waht I said, unless it's bulk it kinda doesn't make sense. Also if you shoot something walmart doesn't sell it also make sense. 1,000 rounds of ammo isn't very much really when you think about it. I bet most people int his forum shoot more than 1,000 rounds a year. My most recent hand gun purchase I shot 200 rounds within the first hour owning it. When I was testing loads in my shot gun I must have shot close to 400 rounds. An average day at the range I can shoot well over 500 rounds ez. The only thing limiting me from shooting more is my own budget.

Walmart doesn't have the deals they had last year.
Seems all the prices went up in Walmart hunting and fishing department.
Also noticed that they swap into Winchester brand products.

Besides, I felt bad last year when I came up to the counter and bought a 1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer Brass and it was all they had at that time.

I've been trying out a lot of different imported ammunition brands the last couple years: Wolf, Bear, LVE, S&B. Some are dirty than others (Wolf & Bear) but the all seem to put holes on the paper, cans, etc close to where I want them...

I did a test with my new xdm 5.25. I was trying to find what it liked the best. It did NOT like thw wolf, that's for sure. Absolutely no consistency. No way you'd hold an 8" group at 50'.

On the other hand, I was shooting bear 162 grain BTHP and Federal 162 grain Steel Core, and to no suprise the BTHP shot better. I'm willing to bet if I put that against another BT the bear might not do so good... and in regards to Bear, stay away from the lacquered cases as they have been known to cause FTE.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back