Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police

WOW- i dont want to disrespect the person that made this post but YOU ARE AN IDIOT and you have to be of the NON MINORITY decent- that isnt a racist comment but SON YOU HAVE SOME BALLS and this was complete waste of time- We all know the laws- and im sure the police do to, but who does this. WHAT IS THE POINT- if i see a person walking around "open carry" no badge, no credentials- ill be straight up honest with you, my first concern as a concealed carry holder is, man this idiot is about to snap and kill someone. I'd be on edge, im on edge when ive notice another civilian is concealed carry, not that im looking for it, but sometimes my trained eye has noticed that someone else is carrying. I have been held at gunpoint by police in a walgreens parking lot when a store clerk who was following me through the store, noticed i had a concealed firearm after i leaned over to pick something off the bottom shelf, horrible experience and ill tell you POLICE AND CIVILIANS WITH GUNS can be a lethal mix- if the police are alerted by the general public that you have a gun- My personal opinion of you and this video- COMPLETE STUPIDITY, NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, the police are doing exactly what they should have done- SOMEONE CALLED THEM TO REPORT A MAN WALKING AROUND WITH A GUN- were they supposed to shake your hand not knowing if you were some crazed cracked out fool??? CMON SON- spend your time doing something else, like i said, this is my opinion- and i dont know you- i just know i have a lot more important things to do then walk around and screw with society and the police
:sarcastic:Wow. I have to laugh, just to hide the disgust.:fie:

WOW- i dont want to disrespect the person that made this post but YOU ARE AN IDIOT and you have to be of the NON MINORITY decent- that isnt a racist comment but SON YOU HAVE SOME BALLS and this was complete waste of time- We all know the laws- and im sure the police do to, but who does this. WHAT IS THE POINT- if i see a person walking around "open carry" no badge, no credentials- ill be straight up honest with you, my first concern as a concealed carry holder is, man this idiot is about to snap and kill someone. I'd be on edge, im on edge when ive notice another civilian is concealed carry, not that im looking for it, but sometimes my trained eye has noticed that someone else is carrying. I have been held at gunpoint by police in a walgreens parking lot when a store clerk who was following me through the store, noticed i had a concealed firearm after i leaned over to pick something off the bottom shelf, horrible experience and ill tell you POLICE AND CIVILIANS WITH GUNS can be a lethal mix- if the police are alerted by the general public that you have a gun- My personal opinion of you and this video- COMPLETE STUPIDITY, NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, the police are doing exactly what they should have done- SOMEONE CALLED THEM TO REPORT A MAN WALKING AROUND WITH A GUN- were they supposed to shake your hand not knowing if you were some crazed cracked out fool??? CMON SON- spend your time doing something else, like i said, this is my opinion- and i dont know you- i just know i have a lot more important things to do then walk around and screw with society and the police

Actually, I'm sure that your on edge most of the time anyway, just from reading your post.

The Constitution is the Constitution, period. It's not up to you or anyone else to bend it to how they perceive it to be. That guy walking down the road with a gun properly holstered is of no more threat than you are in your own mind. Until they brandish the firearm illegally, they are not a criminal.

One must be careful of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

To quote you: "This is a waste of time." You shouldn't have stuck your foot in your mouth this way. Openly Carrying a firearm, where legal, is just as proper as wearing trousers to church. If you are really as nervous around guns as this post makes you appear, do your neighbors a favor, leave your firearm in a safe. The correct response when seeing someone openly carrying in a lawful manner is not "OMG, what's this nut gonna do next?" The correct response is, "I wonder why more people don't OC?"

Have a great day and get comfortable around firearms and the proper exercising of your rights.

sounds to me like that was baiting and looking to be stoped he needs to act like an adult not a kid :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe he was. From reading a previous post in this thread, the PD in that area acts corruptly. Someone bringing that to light isn't someone acting in a childish manner, it's someone doing their duty as an American citizen.

So because you don't OC and are more than just a little paranoid you don’t think anyone should OC. In fact you state

Jessepeakdotcom Says
“if i see a person walking around "open carry" no badge, no credentials- ill be straight up honest with you, my first concern as a concealed carry holder is, man this idiot is about to snap and kill someone. I'd be on edge, im on edge when ive notice another civilian is concealed carry, not that im looking for it, but sometimes my trained eye has noticed that someone else is carrying”

Are you kidding? Did you even bother to read your post before hitting the send button? You wrote an indictment against every OC’er and CC’er that carries based upon your fears.

Jessepeakdotcom Says
“ i dont want to disrespect the person that made this post but YOU ARE AN IDIOT”

So you don’t consider calling someone an IDIOT in caps disrespectful and an insult? I don’t think you have a clue as to what respect means.

Jessepeakdotcom Says
“I have been held at gunpoint by police in a walgreens parking lot when a store clerk who was following me through the store, noticed i had a concealed firearm after i leaned over to pick something off the bottom shelf, horrible experience and ill tell you”

I have news for you my friend, if a clerk was following you around the store, and saw your firearm when you bent down…YOU WERE NOT CONCEALED. What did you do to arouse the suspicion of the clerk in the first place? And why would the police not ask for your CC permit.

Jessepeakdotcom Says
“if the police are alerted by the general public that you have a gun- My personal opinion of you and this video- COMPLETE STUPIDITY, NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, the police are doing exactly what they should have done- SOMEONE CALLED THEM TO REPORT A MAN WALKING AROUND WITH A GUN- were they supposed to shake your hand not knowing if you were some crazed cracked out fool??? CMON SON- spend your time doing something else, like i said, this is my opinion- and i dont know you- i just know i have a lot more important things to do then walk around and screw with society and the police”

Now we come to the crux (?????) of Jessespeakdotcom’s thesis; That it is completely stupid to act in a manner that is absolutely legal, to exercise rights that are provided for in the Federal and State constitutions. That because the police ignore the law, try to enforce a nonexistent law that we the people need to surrender to this abuse of power.

Do I have good understanding of your thoughts here Jesse? I personally find your post to be insulting to all OC’ers and CC’ers, and an insult to someone that stood up for his rights and by and extension stood up for all off our rights.

As you can see, I have very little patience with the PC gun crowd that wants to bow down to government abuse of authority or “Carry my way or it is stupid” bunch.

OC is legal people, utimmer43 good on ya lad. If you get out to Arizona, give me a shout.

Carry On

Steve

Thanks, 45acp!

If it weren't for your translation of Jessepeaks convoluted diatribe, then I wouldn't have had the patience to muddle through the horrible syntax and heinous disregard for punctuation.:fie:

so because you don't oc and are more than just a little paranoid you don’t think anyone should oc. In fact you state

jessepeakdotcom says
“if i see a person walking around "open carry" no badge, no credentials- ill be straight up honest with you, my first concern as a concealed carry holder is, man this idiot is about to snap and kill someone. I'd be on edge, im on edge when ive notice another civilian is concealed carry, not that im looking for it, but sometimes my trained eye has noticed that someone else is carrying”

are you kidding? Did you even bother to read your post before hitting the send button? You wrote an indictment against every oc’er and cc’er that carries based upon your fears.

jessepeakdotcom says
“ i dont want to disrespect the person that made this post but you are an idiot”

so you don’t consider calling someone an idiot in caps disrespectful and an insult? I don’t think you have a clue as to what respect means.

jessepeakdotcom says
“i have been held at gunpoint by police in a walgreens parking lot when a store clerk who was following me through the store, noticed i had a concealed firearm after i leaned over to pick something off the bottom shelf, horrible experience and ill tell you”

i have news for you my friend, if a clerk was following you around the store, and saw your firearm when you bent down…you were not concealed. What did you do to arouse the suspicion of the clerk in the first place? And why would the police not ask for your cc permit.

jessepeakdotcom says
“if the police are alerted by the general public that you have a gun- my personal opinion of you and this video- complete stupidity, nothing to do with your time, the police are doing exactly what they should have done- someone called them to report a man walking around with a gun- were they supposed to shake your hand not knowing if you were some crazed cracked out fool??? Cmon son- spend your time doing something else, like i said, this is my opinion- and i dont know you- i just know i have a lot more important things to do then walk around and screw with society and the police”

now we come to the crux (?????) of jessespeakdotcom’s thesis; that it is completely stupid to act in a manner that is absolutely legal, to exercise rights that are provided for in the federal and state constitutions. That because the police ignore the law, try to enforce a nonexistent law that we the people need to surrender to this abuse of power.

do i have good understanding of your thoughts here jesse? i personally find your post to be insulting to all oc’ers and cc’ers, and an insult to someone that stood up for his rights and by and extension stood up for all off our rights.

As you can see, i have very little patience with the pc gun crowd that wants to bow down to government abuse of authority or “carry my way or it is stupid” bunch.

Oc is legal people, utimmer43 good on ya lad. If you get out to arizona, give me a shout.

Carry on

steve

Snap!!

The only time that I would OC is at home, any other time is asking for an encounter with LEO or worse a BG hitting you over the head from the rear and taking you weapon and using against you.
Stay alert and avoid bad stuff, carry concealed. Just my two cents.

The only time that I would OC is at home, any other time is asking for an encounter with LEO or worse a BG hitting you over the head from the rear and taking you weapon and using against you.
Stay alert and avoid bad stuff, carry concealed. Just my two cents.
Of course I would never say it can never happen. In fact, we have a member of this forum who has been shot in the back and had his sidearm taken. So, sure it can, happen. But statistically, it is highly unlikely.

If it weren't for your translation of Jessepeaks convoluted diatribe, then I wouldn't have had the patience to muddle through the horrible syntax and heinous disregard for punctuation.:fie:

After his post, curiosity got me and I went to see the site jessepeakdotcom. I looked at the fee he is asking for his presence at an event, and double-checked the URL to make sure I hadn't gone to funnyjunk.com by mistake.

Last edited:
I seem to be having a lot of mixed feelings on this one:

Being black, I certainly try to avoid ALLpolice encounters. Its not like I dress like a thug or anything, but they just treat me differently. And wow, if I was open carrying, I'm afraid I would be shot if I made a false move.

I do appreciate people "Fighting the Good Fight" but I don't think police entrapment is all that helpful. I believe there needs to be a strategy to enlighten the public so they don't make those GWAG calls(although I was shocked how the LEO in the video was like, "not everyone can have a gun"). Yes this is true but BGs usually don't use kydex/leather OWB holsters.

Sidewinder, I agree with you on this and being that you are a black guy, I can imagine the response YOU would probably get verses me being a forties something white guy. Do you find that black cops treat you any different then white ones? Just curious. I agree with some of the posts that it is bullpucky for the police to harass someone OC'ing when it is legal to do so. Maybe some of the cops don't even know for sure if it is OK. I look at it this way, just twenty years ago it was basically illegal to carry ANY handgun around, so in the light of that I am just happy with being able to carry concealed.:biggrin: I am a little worried though about our civilian police forces. I am with them and want to support them because I don't think any of us would want to live in a society without them holding the "thin blue line", but I think they are starting to get a little militaristic in how they go about their jobs. It always worries me when the "civilian" police start to look like I did when I was in the Marines.

Of course I would never say it can never happen. In fact, we have a member of this forum who has been shot in the back and had his sidearm taken. So, sure it can, happen. But statistically, it is highly unlikely.

Who? I would love to hear the details on that story.

I look at it this way, just twenty years ago it was basically illegal to carry ANY handgun around, so in the light of that I am just happy with being able to carry concealed.:biggrin:

And 20 years before that no one gave a second thought to someone walking down the street with a gun except maybe in the insane big cities. Prior to 1968 you could mail order a gun. If you were big enough to reach the counter and had the money you could buy a gun (I bought my first at age 13) and my first handgun at age 16.

Just kidding, Jimbo!

And 20 years before that no one gave a second thought to someone walking down the street with a gun except maybe in the insane big cities. Prior to 1968 you could mail order a gun. If you were big enough to reach the counter and had the money you could buy a gun (I bought my first at age 13) and my first handgun at age 16.

Yeah, and those muzzle loaded pistols were HEAVY for a 16 year old! :sarcastic:

i agree with your open carry and it being legal and all but you dont need to try and lecture the cop and call him a nazi. you should know how to show a little respect, and for what a leo goes through on a day to day basis i think u should show more respect.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back