Opinions...Taurus Millennium PT111 Pro - 9mm

fdegree

Any thoughts on the Taurus Millennium PT111 Pro - 9mm? It's Titanium and Polymer with 12 round mags.

Here is a link:
Link Removed

Considering this for me conceal carry.

Thanks...

Any thoughts on the Taurus Millennium PT111 Pro - 9mm? It's Titanium and Polymer with 12 round mags.

Here is a link:
Link Removed

Thanks...

I have both the 24/7 in 40 and the pt140 the 40 version of the pt111. for some reason the pt's shoot low. Id suggest the 24/7 compact there are slight differences to barrel design.

They are decent pistols. I had one, not the titanium but it was a decent little gun. Sold it to a guy from Ft. Benning GA. My wife carried it for a little over a year. She liked it because it fit easily in her hand and she liked having all those extra rounds. But she has since gone to a Glock 23.

My Wife has been looking into that same model, I do not think the titanium would be worth the extra cost, You only lose around 2oz. and the guns are prety light anyway,(my 2 cents) But it looks like it will be the next addition to the collection.

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know there is nothing particular to worry about with this gun, and I can rely on it if I should ever need to use it.

Now I just need to decide if this is the gun I truly want.

Thanks again!!!

Taurus used to be bottom shelf firearms. But, in the last few years they seem to be doing a lot better.

I would still recommend a glock 23 or an XD 40 though.

I own a PT111 Milllennium, not the pro, and its a good gun. Small size, Not particular accurate for me, but small guns can be tough to use as target pistols. However, for concealed carry, its a fine pistol.

I have a PT111 Mill Pro as does my wife. Totally reliable. Its only one of a handful of handguns I own, I trust it as much as any I have. As far as being bottom shelf, I would not consider it "cheap" by any means, Ive put a bunch of rounds thru it and never a problem. Nice little pistol.

Kejam

XD45 Compact
Browning Hi-Power
Pt-111 Mill Pro
Glock 19
SW MD66 .357 Mag
Colt .38 Police Positive

Both my 24/7-C 9mm and my Pt-145 are very accurate. I like the 24/7-C over the Pt-111 because it is so close to the same size you would have to compare them side by side to detect the slight difference. The main thig I like about the 24/7-C over the Pt-111 is the grip. The finned cushion rubber feels excellent in the hand.

I have both the 24/7 in 40 and the pt140 the 40 version of the pt111. for some reason the pt's shoot low.

My wife has the pt111 in 9mm, and for her, it definitely shoots low. She loves the way it feels in her hand, but shoots quite low every single time. However, when I shoot it, it is spot on, so it's not the sights. Haven't been able to figure out why this particular pistol pulls down for her when she squeezes, but she shoots my XD40 straight as an arrow.

Thanks everyone!!!

I went out the other day and bought the PT111 9mm. Feels nice in my hand, but have not yet shot it. Trying to schedule a trip to the range in a few days and run 150 rounds through it.

I own the PT111 Milllennium Polymer version. Shoot accurate up to 12 yards. This is good enough for personal protection ans conceals very well in a variety of methods. Not a smooth weabon but most 3in weapons aren't.

I also have the PT 111 Millenium (not the pro version) and concur that it seems to shoot low, but overall has a nice look and feel. One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to disassemble this model. Unlike the Pro version it does not seem to have a release pin. Can anyone shed light on how the regular PT 111 is taken apart?

Here is a link:
Link Removed

Thanks...

If you could find one that would be nice! Let me know if you find one I'll give you $500 for it. However...I'll also bet that you never find one. They may as well have been made of "unobtainium" instead of titanium. I have never even seen one listed for sale except on the Taurus site a long time ago. I doubt that they ever made more than a few.

If you could find one that would be nice! Let me know if you find one I'll give you $500 for it. However...I'll also bet that you never find one. They may as well have been made of "unobtainium" instead of titanium. I have never even seen one listed for sale except on the Taurus site a long time ago. I doubt that they ever made more than a few.

I just bought one a couple of days ago. It has the titanium slide...exactly like the link posted in my original post. Paid about $500 for it...$525 to be exact. Don't know if I got ripped off, but I really like it so far. I haven't shot it yet...maybe this weekend.

I did not realize they were so hard to find. This one was sitting in the gun shops show case just begging me to take it home. For some reason, I couldn't turn away from it. It makes me a little more comfortable with the purchase since they are so hard to find.

I dont have the 111, but I do have the 140 and havent had any problems out of it. Pretty comfortable shooter for being a compact pistol.

I also have the PT 111 Millenium (not the pro version) and concur that it seems to shoot low, but overall has a nice look and feel. One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to disassemble this model. Unlike the Pro version it does not seem to have a release pin. Can anyone shed light on how the regular PT 111 is taken apart?

Make sure the chamber and magazine well are empty, then very slightly pull the slide back and pull the trigger. The lever in front of the slide release needs to rotate clockwise in the down position while pulling on it. It should slide out without too much effort. You should then be able to move the slide forward and off of the frame. I used to have one:biggrin:

pt 111 pro

I am glad to know this seems to be a good choice after reading this, i just found and bought a pt 111 pro mil titanium brand new for $250 seems i got a good deal. any suggestions on a comfortable in the pant holster for this?

I am glad to know this seems to be a good choice after reading this, i just found and bought a pt 111 pro mil titanium brand new for $250 seems i got a good deal. any suggestions on a comfortable in the pant holster for this?

WOW...that's a great price. Usually, they run anywhere from $450 - $550, from what I've seen.

Do you know what generation it is? According my research, Taurus has made 3 generations of this gun. The lower price makes me think it may be an older generation. I've heard the older generations had problems with the frames cracking after extended use. Though, I don't have any personal experience with this.

I don't have a holster for mine just yet...still trying to figure out what I want. But, a lot of people speak highly of the Crossbreed Supertuck...
CrossBreed Holsters

Here is a holster, similar to the Crossbreed, by a different manufacturer...
Link Removed

Unless it was from a reputable FFL dealer I would be leary of that gun. That was about half-price and I think the titanium version are all the 3rd generation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back