Open V. Concealed carry video (semi balanced)

Eidolon

Alter Kocker

I saw this on Oleg Volk's facebook page yesterday. It's not a bad persentation and the guy tries to be balanced but he pretty much comes down on the side of concealment.

That said Oleg reccomended the video as having some good points and I agree it's at least worth 15 minutes to watch

Same tired, unsubstantiated, and negative rhetoric against open carry that every video has held that favors concealed carry. The opening scene is how the MDA perpetuates firearm owners, super awesome to see he sees it that way as well.

I think he nails it when he says, "I'm lazy."

Laziness explains why concealed carriers think they need less situational awareness compared to open carriers.

Laziness explains why none of these videos ever point to the extremely rare occurrence of an open carry citizen being disarmed ..or concealed carriers being disarmed.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I really do not care how anyone carries. If OC is your choice then do it! If CC is your choice then do it! The main thing is to CARRY! As per another thread that I started, we should not have infighting on how each carries and other issues on guns and gun ownership. We have some trolls on this site that love it when we fight with each other on issues concerning guns. They do this to try and divide us and keep us from having a united front on gun rights.

I like Jerry, he's a master with firearms and can teach people a lot. I try my best to see his argument from his perspective, and that's all this was... his perspective. He brought up a few good points to consider for carrying both ways but yes, he prefers CC. I think that the individual and the area in which they carry makes a huge difference in which mode of carry may be right for that person. As far as retention goes, is it possible to grab an OC'ers firearms? Well, of course. But, and this is a big but, does that OC'er allow people to get that close? Again, the place in which you carry has a lot to do with it. When I OC in NC, it's in a small town with a largely relaxed populace... I carry with no retention. One other thing I noticed that Jerry said, was when he OCs that "people know who I am and my intentions...", intentions? Like defending oneself? That intention? I'm not sure exactly what he meant by that. He then brought up the perception that how posture makes a difference, well yeah, if I walk up to you with my hand on my weapon you're probably going to think I'm about to engage. But, who the hell OCs and keeps their hand on their weapon at all times?

It wasn't a bad video but, like Chen said, there is very little evidence to support some of the claims against OC... which is important if you want to make a non-biased video.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back