Open Carry vs. CC - American Gun Owners

Wesco

I realize this post may not be what some of you thought it would be when you selected to open it up and read it. However, I think it may be good to remind some of you what we all are here for and what we all have in common.

I have read, and seen so many of us posting topics either one way or another about CC carry and open carry. While it's great to bring up pros and cons of both and to share our knowledge of firearms, how we carry them, and how we use them to protect our families, it saddens me greatly to see you debating one or another as the better option or even to the extent as to condem or belittle those who would choose otherwise.

I personally believe that there are times where both open carry and CC are useful. There is nothing wrong with choosing to do either one. Choosing to own and bare your firearm at all doesn't give you the right to join this family of TRUE AMERICANS. Choosing to own and bare your firearm and keeping a sound mind on those shoulders of yours is what sets you apart from those criminals who also choose to own a gun. Let us remember that, to wield a gun is to inherit its devastating responsibilities along with it, it is how you choose to live your life and carry yourself with that power that makes you who you are and singles out the criminals.

I see comments where people put others on this website down because they choose not to carry a gun outside their home, or not to open carry but cc or otherwise. We should be focusing on supporting each other and supporting positive and productive debates and information on this website. Too often I see arguments regarding whats better CC or OC, and the thread turns into a non-positive argument rather then a healthy debate that helps build every ones knowledge and respect for firearms. There are alot of liberal types out there who could use that against legal, law abiding gun owning citizens like ourselves. If we are all so bull headed that we can't have a civil discussion about OC and CC that is constructive, how can anyone trust us to carry a gun in public? I know that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone in an online forum but do the libs? As far as the they are concerned if we can't even have a civil discussion or debate online about our own PASSION! (guns) something we all love and have in common, how are we going to react on the streets when confronted with criminals and life or death situations.

Owning a gun is more then just that, its also about keeping an open mind, being respectful, and being what we as Americans see as a true America. That means more then up holding our constitution and protecting our families. It also means freedom to eat, think, speak, write, go where we want, when we want, how we want. It means being able to keep an open mind and be accepting of everyone regardless of their personal choices or preferences, in these forums or out.

just food for thought.

have a good day!

me

''there are times where both open carry and CC are useful''
i agree and nobody should dis another for their personal carry methods as i'm sure all have ligit and good enough personal reasons they choose to carry the way they do
in florida it's conceal carry and i wouldn't want anyone to know i'm carrying for my own personal safety being elderly female i wouldn't want anyone to try and steal my gun knowing i have it. as for me it's asking for trouble. whereas a young strapping strong man may not feel threatened by having his gun in the open......
thanks well said and written topic

Agree with all you said and would add another category of argumentative and non-productive comments. There are many people out there who consider themselves Liberals, myself included, who are staunch second amendment supporters. I am an NRA member and retired USAF. I get incensed when labels fall off the page grouping people when they share one idea. It's as if a democrat called all republicans KKK members. It is not right. An anti gun person is just that, and nothing else. Rant over

Done both. Do what makes you feel most comfortable. I'm all for minding my own business and allowing others to go about minding theirs with little intrusion.

Good post. I slammed OC'rs awhile back, but since have pulled my head out of my a$$. Carry what you want, the way you want. (Legal method of course). This is a good site, with lots of good people. But we all can't like everybody, and we all can't be liked by everybody. It's just the way it is.

I realize this post may not be what some of you thought it would be when you selected to open it up and read it. However, I think it may be good to remind some of you what we all are here for and what we all have in common.

I have read, and seen so many of us posting topics either one way or another about CC carry and open carry. While it's great to bring up pros and cons of both and to share our knowledge of firearms, how we carry them, and how we use them to protect our families, it saddens me greatly to see you debating one or another as the better option or even to the extent as to condem or belittle those who would choose otherwise.

I personally believe that there are times where both open carry and CC are useful. There is nothing wrong with choosing to do either one. Choosing to own and bare your firearm at all doesn't give you the right to join this family of TRUE AMERICANS. Choosing to own and bare your firearm and keeping a sound mind on those shoulders of yours is what sets you apart from those criminals who also choose to own a gun. Let us remember that, to wield a gun is to inherit its devastating responsibilities along with it, it is how you choose to live your life and carry yourself with that power that makes you who you are and singles out the criminals.

I see comments where people put others on this website down because they choose not to carry a gun outside their home, or not to open carry but cc or otherwise. We should be focusing on supporting each other and supporting positive and productive debates and information on this website. Too often I see arguments regarding whats better CC or OC, and the thread turns into a non-positive argument rather then a healthy debate that helps build every ones knowledge and respect for firearms. There are alot of liberal types out there who could use that against legal, law abiding gun owning citizens like ourselves. If we are all so bull headed that we can't have a civil discussion about OC and CC that is constructive, how can anyone trust us to carry a gun in public? I know that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone in an online forum but do the libs? As far as the they are concerned if we can't even have a civil discussion or debate online about our own PASSION! (guns) something we all love and have in common, how are we going to react on the streets when confronted with criminals and life or death situations.

Owning a gun is more then just that, its also about keeping an open mind, being respectful, and being what we as Americans see as a true America. That means more then up holding our constitution and protecting our families. It also means freedom to eat, think, speak, write, go where we want, when we want, how we want. It means being able to keep an open mind and be accepting of everyone regardless of their personal choices or preferences, in these forums or out.

just food for thought.

have a good day!

me

Very good post Sir. I take only only one issue with it. I'm a Gulf War Vet who OC and CC daily and also happens to be Liberal in most of my political thinking so as you say, don't blanket all us Liberals in the same light. I fought and defended ALL 10 Bill of Rights as well as the rest of The Constitution. Again great Post.

Jeff White:316714 said:

just food for thought.

have a good day!

me

Very good post Sir. I take only only one issue with it. I'm a Gulf War Vet who OC and CC daily and also happens to be Liberal in most of my political thinking so as you say, don't blanket all us Liberals in the same light. I fought and defended ALL 10 Bill of Rights as well as the rest of The Constitution. Again great Post.

Indeed your correct! That was done via phone. Re-READING IT now it sounds horrible compared to what I meant to say! my apologies!

Thanks for serving!

owning a gun and carrying one (either iwb or oc )is a big responsibility for sure. not to mention for safety sake it takes a mature mind to live up to such responsibility as well.
not only takes knowledge of firearms and skill with handling them one needs to know the laws and when it is justified to use it for defense......
being relatively new to even the notion of carrying has been an interesting, fun and rewarding journey being i was (and don't laugh please) i was afraid of guns but i realize that fear came from my own ignorance about guns.
i bought a gun years ago as protection for my home never thought of taking it outside the home and it sat under my bed for years. i was afraid to even move the box it was in as i cleaned under the bed.
but i'm so glad i finally decided to get familiar with that old gun. i learned how to use it and clean it thanks to my son who showed me. now i just need to practice those skills so when i do get my permit i'm ready to conceal carry confidently and effectively use it if i have to.
at any rate i don't care how anyone carries their guns so long they not pointing it at me or any other innocent persons face.
as i mentioned before on this forum i choose for my own reasons to conceal it but i have no qualms about others who choose to carry theirs openly either
just my five cents

carry on
:laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back