Open Carry / Printing laws in Indiana?

Beatlesfan

I'm in the process of getting my CCW. I need to know the law regarding open carry here in Indiana. If concealed carry only, then what if my weapon peeks out from under my shirt? Could I get into trouble for that? Thanks for your help.

Indiana is "License To Carry Handgun". Does not distinguish between Open or Concealed. I carry IWB, sometimes with a jacket or shirt over it, sometimes without. Never been hassled in either case. I live in Southern IN, YMMV, especially in Indy or Ft Wayne.

I OC everytime I go to Indiana. It's well known that the cops will try to tell you it's illegal, but it is most certainly NOT illegal.

No one has ever bothered me.

I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's legal, because it's not illegal. The laws of most states do not always say what is legal.

I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's illegal, because the law does not say it's legal.
Fixed it for you via Cop-o-Vision.

I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's legal, because it's not illegal. The laws of most states do not always say what is legal.

That's the case here in MA. No law indicates its legal to do it, yet no law indicates its illegal to do it...:blink::unsure::confused:

So if the police decide to detain you, they can until they are told not to by the courts...

Laws are not written to tell you what is legal.
They tell you what is illegal. So if there is no law its ok.

Plane and simple. If you plan to carry in Indiana, READ the law. Talk to a lawyer if you need to clarify a question. But as one post above stated. Indiana law is silent on the method of carry, as long as you have an unlimited license.
So the official stance is that you can carry open or concealed. But the powers that be, would prefer that you carry concealed.
I hope this clarifies it for you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back