Open Carry Picnic In Lansing

Ford Truck

On 27Apr08, I attended an open carry picnic in downtown Lansing. Everyone but me was from Michigan. I drove up from Indiana. Nobody concealed. Everyone but me was packing an autoloader. I wear a revolver. There was a breast cancer run past the park and some foot traffic thru the park, but nobody got their panties in a wad and called the police about an armed mob in the park. We had a nice, peaceful time and exchanged info on our different state carry laws. I'd always concealed whenever I went to Michigan, so this was my first OC experience in that state. Here in Indiana, I do both but mostly open carry. I appreciate being able to "legally" do either according to MY decision.

Never heard or saw any news, either before or after the event. Would have been interesting to have been there. What's your guess as to how many attended?

Never heard or saw any news, either before or after the event. Would have been interesting to have been there. What's your guess as to how many attended?

It was a small group from www.opencarry.com. There were only 12 or 13 people present for the picnic. It was an informal gathering with no press release or media coverage. There are a couple of pictures posted in the "Michigan" section of the website.

oh man... I wish I would have known about that.. would have loved to be a part of it.

I organized the get together in Lansing. We had a good time, had hot dogs, chicken and lots of side dishes. Visit opencarry.org then go to the Michigan forum page for details and laws on the open carry of handguns.

The open carry group will have a booth at the Grinders Car Show at Rockys Sports in Burton June 14th. Come on out and open carry and see the cars and the ladies.

Where: At Rocky's Great Outdoors, in Flint-- on the corner of S. Saginaw St. and Bristol Rd.

When: Sat. June 14th-- FLAG DAY! Very fitting day to carry some iron!

What: Car show-- 10a.m. to 5p.m.--car registration from 10a.m. to noon-- voting, noon to 4p.m.-- awards-- 4p.m. to 5p.m..

I organized the get together in Lansing. We had a good time, had hot dogs, chicken and lots of side dishes. Visit opencarry.org then go to the Michigan forum page for details and laws on the open carry of handguns.

The open carry group will have a booth at the Grinders Car Show at Rockys Sports in Burton June 14th. Come on out and open carry and see the cars and the ladies.

Where: At Rocky's Great Outdoors, in Flint-- on the corner of S. Saginaw St. and Bristol Rd.

When: Sat. June 14th-- FLAG DAY! Very fitting day to carry some iron!

What: Car show-- 10a.m. to 5p.m.--car registration from 10a.m. to noon-- voting, noon to 4p.m.-- awards-- 4p.m. to 5p.m..

nice.. I am about 10 minutes from there, in davison

Damn, mass open carry, and I missed it.

(Anytime you get more than 2 people to open carry in a group, that's massive. ;) )

Great stop on by and bring some friends,I'm not a car guy, but will be at the booth for much of the day. Looking forward to meeting you then.

do my best.. can't promise unfortunately.. we'll see how many clients I have to see... and how many I can reschedule.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back