Open carry in your vehicle?

milprofan

I live in the northern panhandle of WV and work at the Pittsburgh Intl. Airport.
I have a concealed carry license for both WV & PA. Was wondering if it is legal to open carry in your vehicle in PA? I have to wear dress clothes for work & have to leave my carry piece in the vehicle while at work. If I could open carry, then I wouldn't have to worry about concealing it on my person while traveling from my home to the airport. Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Personally, if I can't carry and must leave my weapon in the vehicle, I prefer not to leave it in open sight while parked. I must admit that the "open carry" question while in the vehicle is a mystery to me, so I can't answer the question there.

Yes you can in PA

Can't say for WV, but it is certainly legal in PA. Check out this PA Gun Rights flyer. It will answer many questions about carrying in PA.

Link Removed

Open carry in vehicle in Pa.

Just to clarify. I do have a lock box in my vehicle that I will use while at work. I would NOT leave my pistol out in the open when not in the vehicle.
Yesterday, I was able to talk to an Allegheny County Policeman about the open carry in my vehicle. He agrees with the comments ya'll have made here. He says to just lock up the pistol in the lock box before I come onto Airport property and I should be OK. Thanks for your comments guys, and for the websites for reference material.

Totally expected that an Allegheny County policemen would tell you to just lock up the pistol in the lock box before you come onto Airport property.

Yes, Allegheny County does have an ordinance that prohibits firearms on airport property, but that ordinance is in violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, and is thus invalid.

Allegheny County refuses to amend the ordinance (they try to pass it off to the Airport Authority). The Airport Authority won't even respond to any correspondence on the subject. And the County Police continue to post on their website that firearms are prohibited on airport property.

Totally expected that an Allegheny County policemen would tell you to just lock up the pistol in the lock box before you come onto Airport property.

Yes, Allegheny County does have an ordinance that prohibits firearms on airport property, but that ordinance is in violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, and is thus invalid.

Allegheny County refuses to amend the ordinance (they try to pass it off to the Airport Authority). The Airport Authority won't even respond to any correspondence on the subject. And the County Police continue to post on their website that firearms are prohibited on airport property.

And there my friends is why asking a cop about firearm laws is probably the worst thing you can do. That is if you are looking for the right answer. Not a very good source.

I think that carrying a loaded firearm in any capacity in one's vehicle is "concealed carry." You said you have a permit, so you're fine, but "open carry" inside your vehicle, is still concealed in the eyes of the law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back