Open Carry in Oregon & Washington

DLeeHarley

I've been researching OC in both Oregon &Washington for a trip my wife and I are taking and I know OC is legal in most areas in OR. but in areas like Multnomah county it's not and you even have to strip (empty) you magazines. But I'm trying to find out what other areas are problematic. Any help will be greatly appreciated I assure you. Also what difficulties could I incur in WA. state? Is there a good site that shows the areas in OR. where these prohibitions are in place? Thanks again my friends!
Later,
Dennis
"Those who talk, Don't Do. Those who do, Don't Talk."

Also at this time I do NOT possess a CCW Permit from any state. Thanks,
Dennis

In Salem OR you may not open carry a loaded firearm w/o a valid CHL, also in WA state you may not have your firearm loaded or magazine inserted while traveling in any motorized vehicle's

Also at this time I do NOT possess a CCW Permit from any state. Thanks,
Dennis

There are only 4 differences in WA state for those that do not have CPL's:

1. The gun (whether loaded or unloaded) cannot be concealed on your person (duh!).
2. The gun must be unloaded when inside a vehicle (which means no loaded magazine inside the gun, or round in the chamber - loaded magazines anywhere but in the gun is legal).
3. CPL holders are exempt from firearms prohibitions in city/county operated stadiums and convention centers.
4. CPL holders under certain conditions can possess loaded firearms on school property. Non-CPL holders may keep their unloaded firearms inside their vehicle only on school grounds.

WA State preemption is in RCW 9.41.290. The prohibited places are in RCW 9.41.300. Non-CPL restrictions are in RCW 9.41.050 and RCW 9.41.060 contains the exceptions to the restrictions in 9.41.050 and schools is in RCW 9.41.280.

Chapter 9.41 RCW: FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS

I've been researching OC in both Oregon &Washington for a trip my wife and I are taking and I know OC is legal in most areas in OR. but in areas like Multnomah county it's not and you even have to strip (empty) you magazines. But I'm trying to find out what other areas are problematic. Any help will be greatly appreciated I assure you. Also what difficulties could I incur in WA. state? Is there a good site that shows the areas in OR. where these prohibitions are in place? Thanks again my friends!
Later,
Dennis

The only cities in Oregon than ban open carry without a CPL (that I'm aware of) are Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence. In addition all public buildings statewide are off limits to firearms without a CPL.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back