Open Carry in Ohio

BigC

I currently recieved my CCW license in Ohio and i am so loving it. So my next step is Open carry but there is not alot of information about the do's and dont's

so if anyone knows where i can get answers from it would be great.

can i Open carry any where or do i have to follow the no conceal carry signs with open carry also?
do i have to leave a place if asked to even though they do not have a conceal carry sign posted?

also i live close to Cincy so i was wondering if anyone had any possitive and/or neg experiences aroung that area of Ohio?

Your best bet for finding answers about OC in Ohio and in and around Cincinnati would be on opencarry.org.

ohio state law upholds the constitution and voids any city ordinance against OC. I live in cincinnati and OC. also go to OC meetings in restaurants in dayton with everyone OCing. if you go into a buisness that's not posted with a gun buster sign they can ask you to leave. if you refuse they can have you arrested for trespassing. alot of times if you just go about your buisness nobody will notice.

OC

:pleasantry: I live in the Middletown area and I Oc most of the time if it is warm. Having said that, I am carefull where I OC. I don't look for trouble and am watchfull for the GB signs.

My wife wants me to be CC when she is with me and I am most of the time.

I have OC in Wal-marts, fast-foods, gas stations and most of the regular shops I go into.

I always CC. But, that being said, I have been to 2 family parties recently & it has been hot, so I took my overshirt off. Yesterday was a surprise 50th bday party for an uncle. Noone said anything really. A few approached me & asked why I carried a gun. I replied " to protect myself & my family" One aunt said, "But this is Mentor!" to which I replied, "Oh, I forgot, Mentor is a crime free zone." LOL! When we were saying godbye, a few members from our former church said they noticed I was carrying and joked about how much safer they felt. Those were the only times I really ever OC'd. I am under the belief that it is better not to announce. Good luck if that is your choice, but be prepared for a TON of questions. Good luck either way!...........mot

ohio open carry

I am moving from virginia and font know much about ohio gun laws. Is it legal to oc without a permit? if i am in my car how can i transport it? Does it need to be out on the seat or can i oc on my hip in the car?Do i have to unload it in the car?

You do not need a permit to OC in Ohio. This is an open carry state. You DO however, need a CCW permit to legally carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle. Otherwise, it must be unloaded and stored away from the ammo.

The laws concerning transport methods with a permit are kind of convoluted though. Our state govmt is supposed to be working on that.

In the meantime, go to Concealed carry

If you do NOT have a valid License to carry in OH, you MUST NOT have ANY loaded magazines in the vehicle AT ALL....... You can have an empty pistol with empty magazines and full boxes of ammo in the same container though.......

This is being fixed soon with current legislation, but until then...... BEWARE of these stupid vehicle laws......

I would like to no how u no that Ohio is an OC state? bc i live in northwest Ohio

hammer826:191404 said:
You do not need a permit to OC in Ohio. This is an open carry state. You DO however, need a CCW permit to legally carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle. Otherwise, it must be unloaded and stored away from the ammo.

The laws concerning transport methods with a permit are kind of convoluted though. Our state govmt is supposed to be working on that.

In the meantime, go to Concealed carry

Thanks I just wanted 2 no

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back