Open Carry "Harassment" in Philly - be smart!

Yeah! What he said ^^^^^^! :biggrin:

Crap, went to a new page.... oh well, you know who I am talking about!

One more thing. As far as those that carry a voice recorder and make an ass out of themselves by looking to being confrontational, don't do themselves or anybody else any good. I understand the use of the recorder, but to go out looking to be an ass just shows their true character. I'm not sayin anyone should stand in front of a train and get run over, just don't be an ass.
This notion that people that open carry, only scare the 'natives' and make themselves the first target is really silly, at least where I live and travel in Missouri it is anyway. I live and ranch here in Central Missouri but also have 2 ranches in Southeast Missouri and one in the Missouri Ozarks. All of which is in gun friendly "rural" areas. Generally speaking, we all either carry or at least have LOTS of guns. All of my family's property and here, are surrounded by a population of Confederate descendants & Rednecks which suits me since my wife's side of the family and my side of the family are ALL descendants of Confederate soldiers and we are members of Sons of Confederate Soldiers and Daughters of the Confederacy.
Now as far as our RIGHT to open carry somehow hurts your PRIVILEDGE to conceal carry, NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING SILLY. We are carrying and protecting our familys from becoming a victim of some sort. Ain't that the same reason why people conceal carry ???? We just have different methods is all.
I don't carry to make a statement or be some sort of so-called 'activist' or whatever, I carry to protect myself and my family. In my opinion, a pistol is just the stop gap till I can reach a real gun. I prefer a 12GA. pump w/#1 shot. And yes, I carry a 12GA., a 30/30 w/ 150gr. HP and a scoped 22 Henry rifle w/Yellow Jackets all the time in the gunracks in all my ranch trucks. Before you PC city boys freak out and warn me about all the bad cops givin me **** about my long guns in the back window , I live in [ RURAL ] America, so it's okay. We all do it out here and even some of our lawmen when they are in their trucks.

Wow! Somebody actually LIVES in Kingdom City?

Do you miss Gaspers?

The next thing you know, somebody will see a live human on the streets of Millersburg...

If I am minding my own business, and breaking NO LAWS while open carrying, I will (if I want to at the time) be an A$$ to whoever ILLEGALLY tries to get me to "cover it up".

(just because someone has a uniform and badge, it does NOT make an illegal/unlawful order a lawful one)

Deal with it.

If I am minding my own business, and breaking NO LAWS while open carrying, I will (if I want to at the time) be an A$$ to whoever ILLEGALLY tries to get me to "cover it up".

(just because someone has a uniform and badge, it does NOT make an illegal/unlawful order a lawful one)

Deal with it.

+1!!!!

And.... have a tissue...:cray:

P.S. I carry a voice recorder to PROTECT myself from LAWBREAKERS, not to cause a scene, or to be confrontational.......

P.S. I carry a voice recorder to PROTECT myself from LAWBREAKERS, not to cause a scene, or to be confrontational.......
INVARIABLY, those who are the MOST adamant in their attacks on those who record police encounters, are enablers of police misconduct, even the most vicious and shocking misconduct. Virtually ALL of the most blatant acts of criminality recently exposed came to light and were taken seriously ONLY because they were recorded. Those who oppose such recordings do so SOLELY to prevent police who commit serious crimes and civil torts from being held accountable for their actions.

I feel that if someone has the right to OC and chooses to OC, they should not be hassled by the police. I don't agree that OC'ing is equivalent to "waving your gun in someones face". The person is just choosing to OC, going about their daily business. People will never get used to the idea of OC if nobody does it.

As gun owners and carriers, we do need to educate the general public about 2A and the right to bear arms.

If the police harass people who are exercising their civil rights, they are in the wrong. In the 60's, civil rights marchers were "in your face" because it was the only way to get the cops to back off, and permit free exercise of civil rights.
The PPD are very well known for excessive use of force, and street denial of Constitutional rights.
People will never get used to the idea of OC if nobody does it.

If the police harass people who are exercising their civil rights, they are in the wrong. In the 60's, civil rights marchers were "in your face" because it was the only way to get the cops to back off, and permit free exercise of civil rights.
The PPD are very well known for excessive use of force, and street denial of Constitutional rights.
People will never get used to the idea of OC if nobody does it.

I support youze guyze's exercising of our rights!!! thumbs up.

I'll be watching from CCW.
(It is my choice: already been there, done that, been to court, judged not guilty = I'm out $2,000 anyway)

THIS situation has prompted a lot of criticism of the police in Philly by CCW supporters, but it could have happened anywhere - TX, FL, MO, - anywhere. It should make us all think carefully about our actions and whether just because we CAN do something, if we SHOULD do it. Did this event help or hurt gun rights and CCW? Public opinion is extremely important to advancing our rights - how will the public see this event?

In my opinion, this guy was looking for this to happen. This 24 year old child was carrying openly in Philadelphia and carried a tape recorder which tells me he wanted a confrontation. He had obviously rehearsed his own response since he quoted statute numbers so he set it up and he got it. I've

The constitution is a beautiful, wonderful, amazing document but it only works if we have smart people who can handle responsibility. This guy was stupid. BE SMART.

I agree.
I said this on the other thread and some exercised their stupidity by calling me names, implied that I was treasonous, and told me to leave the USA.

Link Removed

In my opinion, this guy was looking for this to happen. This 24 year old child was carrying openly in Philadelphia and carried a tape recorder which tells me he wanted a confrontation.

Yep!! I'm not a fan of open carry, I oppose it simply because of the reaction it is going to cause in the public place, and probably get more restrictions on licensed carriers, or possible repeal of concealed carry laws just to eliminate all of it. But if it (open carry) is to acceptable, it is going to have to be done a little more intelligently than what this moron did...

Yep!! I'm not a fan of open carry, I oppose it simply because of the reaction it is going to cause in the public place, and probably get more restrictions on licensed carriers, or possible repeal of concealed carry laws just to eliminate all of it. But if it (open carry) is to acceptable, it is going to have to be done a little more intelligently than what this moron did...

YEP!!!!!!!!! this guy was SOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID !!!!! YEP!!!!!!!!!!!

He should NEVER DO ANYTHING LAWFUL, EVER!!!!!!, Geesh, the nerve of that guy.... walking down the street, breaking no laws, minding his own business.......What is the world coming to??????

/sarcasm off

What if the police decided to arrest everyone who [as required by Ohio statute] notified them that they were carrying, during an official stop? Should we stop carrying concealed too?

I've been harassed by imbeciles for wearing an NRA ball cap. Should I not do that?

People don't like you simply OWNING guns, never mind carrying them, no matter HOW. Are you going to run down to the next gun buyback in order to cater to THEIR whims?

Where do you draw the line at allowing malignant narcissists and passive-aggressive bullies to run your life?

Thank GOD that we still have the 1st Amendment so people can say what shouldn't come out of their mouths (finger tips).

No 2 situations are the same.
Everybody has their own opinions as to how to handle their own life.

Mine is concealed and avoid.
Live to fight another day.
We're not charging Heartbreak Hill.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back