Open Carry Eugene, Oregon

Andrew17

Just an update. I've been open carrying around Eugene the past week or two, and I have good news...No freaked out people!!!...yet. Today I went fishing on the Willamette River in Alton Baker Park, middle of the day. I even walked past a Sheriff Deputy and an inmate work crew (I tried my best to go around, didn't wanna look like I was gonna set 'em free) and the Deputy didn't even stop me. Also, when I was out in the open by a bunch of people, the only person that seemed interested was a runner who stopped and walked with me and was curious about Oregon's gun laws and if it was legal to OC. I have the feeling he'll be carrying tomorrow.

I have fond memories of Eugene. I remember my uncle taking us tubing down the Willamette and the stop we made at a nude beach was especially memorable!! :eek:D

I have fond memories of Eugene. I remember my uncle taking us tubing down the Willamette and the stop we made at a nude beach was especially memorable!! :eek:D

How long ago are your memories? Is it the nude beach here (lat long)? 44.020774,-123.018557 . The meth addicts lit that particular nude beach on fire twice in 2008 to try and flush out the nudies...we let it burn the 2nd time, back burned and set up a safety line around the island.

How long ago are your memories? Is it the nude beach here (lat long)? 44.020774,-123.018557 . The meth addicts lit that particular nude beach on fire twice in 2008 to try and flush out the nudies...we let it burn the 2nd time, back burned and set up a safety line around the island.

That could be it but certainly doesn't look familiar. I don't recall it being that close to roads and businesses but I could be wrong. I was 14 at the time (34 years ago) and have forgotten a lot of things since then. ;)

The nude beach is still there with the same bunch of upstanding citizens.

I would love to go back and still have family in Eugene...... I've always said that Oregon is the prettiest state in the Union. Heck, I'd love to live there but like to ride my motorcycle and think the amount of rain that Oregon gets would depress me!

The east side of Oregon gets a lot of sun. I now live in south eastern washington right near the Oregon border, I get 320+ days of sun a year :)

Cool! I have a Sportster but I have ridden my buddy's 2008 R1. It's one sick machine!

Right on :) Yea I have been thinking about selling my motorcycle to buy a rifle...but I just can't do it. Riding means too much, I'll figure out how to get a better rifle somehow.

Right on :) Yea I have been thinking about selling my motorcycle to buy a rifle...but I just can't do it. Riding means too much, I'll figure out how to get a better rifle somehow.

Here's me and my buddy riding up Mt Washington. :eek:D

Markadmiringscenerygoingup-1.jpg

Very nice. My friend's is black with gold. And about tuning up an R1, we discovered that changing out the plugs isn't a 3 minute job like on my Harley! He went to his R1 forum to find tips on replacing them the next time without ripping everything apart and the consensus was "screw that! Have the dealership do it!" LOL This is the only close up shot I have of his.

FirstbreakreturningbacktoMA.jpg

Very nice. My friend's is black with gold. And about tuning up an R1, we discovered that changing out the plugs isn't a 3 minute job like on my Harley! He went to his R1 forum to find tips on replacing them the next time without ripping everything apart and the consensus was "screw that! Have the dealership do it!" LOL This is the only close up shot I have of his.

FirstbreakreturningbacktoMA.jpg

Nice. Changing the plugs was ridiculous!!!! Knuckles have scars now...they take forever to heal.

Nice. Changing the plugs was ridiculous!!!! Knuckles have scars now...they take forever to heal.

He knew his plugs didn't need changing but he just wanted to tinker so he called me over so we could spend time together and have a couple of beers. After the plastic molding was off and couldn't figure out how to get in there, we ended up lifting the tank, removing the "air induction" under the tank and then dropped the radiator.....and still struggled. What a PITA!

I love Eugene! Can't say I've ever noticed anyone open carrying.
I think it's normal for guns to make people nervous, especially people who aren't used to being around them.
Try traveling to Central America though! Guns everywhere and no one cares because they are used to it.
Here, we aren't so used to it. I think its great when people can help inform each other instead of passing judgement.

I have rode for over 40 years and to lots of places. Even took a dirt bike down to Costa Rica once! The deserts are wonderful, so is the Grand Canyon & Yosemite. But where we all live now is probably the best. Your in Oregon, Washington & I'm in Western Idaho! Great riding area, but damn cold today. Was 9* last night but it's up to a Balmy 19* right now. But it's a Dry cold. LOL Like your rides! Here's mine a '92 H-D Heritage STLink RemovedLink Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back