Open Carry Ban shot down in California

I am not sure whats funnier, the fact they didnt act on the budget or that the environmentalist had a bill with as much priority as the budget about single use plastic bags none the less. The fact the OC ban was shot down is good but at the same time it just means they "really" dont want any armed LAW ABIDING citizens to protect themselves (thank god theres not others states following suit:sarcastic:)

It only died because they ran out of time! Don't hold your breath as I'm sure it will come up next Legislative Session. These Cal Idiots just don't get it. Glad I left may years ago, NEVER to return.

:big_boss:

Open Carry Unloaded?

Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else see the Caliphony law allowing the Open Carry of UNLOADED guns as a bit off the mark? Can anything be more idiotic? Scenario: You and your friends are having coffee at ye olde Starbuck's, and you are wearing your WhizBang .44 Automag, unlaoded, as per state law. Suddenly, into the coffee shop steps an individual whose bread ain't quite riz, as we used to say back in Indiana, He has come to the coffee shop to shoot as many people as he can, before taking his own life. He whips out two semi-autos with 33 round mags (illegal in Caliphony, but he IS a criminal, after all). The active shooter spots the gun on your hip. Question: Who does this mental midget shoot first? Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner if you said the shnook with the unloaded gun. Any wonder I carry concealed?

It only died because they ran out of time! Don't hold your breath as I'm sure it will come up next Legislative Session. These Cal Idiots just don't get it. Glad I left may years ago, NEVER to return.

:big_boss:
BB...I totally agree with you on all points above. Those who have never lived there will never understand just how stupid those people are.

I lived there over three years (job, etc) and just couldn't take it anymore. Like you...NEVER to return.

Yikes, I feel pretty bad for gun/constitution enthusiasts that live in California. Must be tough. This is good news though

It doesn't make sense that places like NY, DC and CA, where you are most likely to need protection, the gun laws are most restrictive.

Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else see the Caliphony law allowing the Open Carry of UNLOADED guns as a bit off the mark? Can anything be more idiotic? Scenario: You and your friends are having coffee at ye olde Starbuck's, and you are wearing your WhizBang .44 Automag, unlaoded, as per state law. Suddenly, into the coffee shop steps an individual whose bread ain't quite riz, as we used to say back in Indiana, He has come to the coffee shop to shoot as many people as he can, before taking his own life. He whips out two semi-autos with 33 round mags (illegal in Caliphony, but he IS a criminal, after all). The active shooter spots the gun on your hip. Question: Who does this mental midget shoot first? Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner if you said the shnook with the unloaded gun. Any wonder I carry concealed?

That California law LIMITS OC to being unloaded is idiotic and an infringement of the Constitution. That California is a SHALL issue state is also idiotic. So the only way most people can carry a firearm for protection is OC, which is better than nothing even if you have to put a mag in.

That another CCer thinks that BGs have some sort of radar for OCers is also not the most enlightened thing to say, especially if the OCer happens to be sitting down. That you turned a valid argument that California forces OCers to carry unloaded being wrong, into yet another CCer promoting how CC is better is just as wrong and it doesn't hold as much validity as you'd like to think.

At least they are exercising a right and educating the public, what are you doing to further the cause? Because knocking your fellow 2A enthusiast isn't doing a damn thing.

That division has to end people.

That California law LIMITS OC to being unloaded is idiotic and an infringement of the Constitution. That California is a SHALL issue state is also idiotic. So the only way most people can carry a firearm for protection is OC, which is better than nothing even if you have to put a mag in.

That another CCer thinks that BGs have some sort of radar for OCers is also not the most enlightened thing to say, especially if the OCer happens to be sitting down. That you turned a valid argument that California forces OCers to carry unloaded being wrong, into yet another CCer promoting how CC is better is just as wrong and it doesn't hold as much validity as you'd like to think.

At least they are exercising a right and educating the public, what are you doing to further the cause? Because knocking your fellow 2A enthusiast isn't doing a damn thing.

That division has to end people.

Thank you Unfettered Might. I have only just recently aquired my CA CCW because I was LUCKY enough to be in the right county with just the right Sheriff that cares about RTBA and the 2A, and even then it took nearly 4 months and over $200 for the process. Most other cities and counties will absolutely not give CCW permits for "average" citizens here without some re-election grease or a rediculous "good cause". This leaves Unloaded Open Carry the only legal way to be armed. I say good on them for doing what they can.

By the way, this bill has been re-introduced as AB 144. The antis aren't giving up.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back