Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird?

I agree with that 100% people who dont know about guns think they are bad and evil between the news and liberal states ie NY they have a bad rep to be honest after just moving to WY and being able to exercise my 2nd amendment right I still feel I will be judged as a criminal for OC so it takes some getting used to

I OC most everywhere except inside church. When working on the trees that fell last winter(against our church) I wore openly. Couple asked about it but nothing derogatory. There are many with CCPs attending. There is a fear that terrorists will be striking anytime and anywhere-probably heartland USA so folks around here are fairly well armed and prepared.

open carry

I've been open carrying for a week now with my new XDM.
I've applied for my CCW but I won't see it for a few weeks.
I go to Walmart a lot.
My first day I freaked a guy speechless in the restroom, must have been hoplophobic...
Yesterday a worker said my weapon was "intimidating". I said I was just taking advantage of being a Montanan and after my week on the road I want to make sure ill be able to go home to my wife.
Then today a gentleman came up and asked if u revlised my pistol was showing. I told him yes and I was open carrying and very graciously thanked him.
Saturday I took the wife shopping at the mall, we went through the whole mall without a word.
Friday I did get a little upset when the manger of one of my favorite gun stores asked if my weapon was loaded. I told him it was and he asked if i would unload it as not to scare customers. I told him I could just leave but ended up letting him clear the chamber. Montana law states you can carry loaded.
He said I could carry just not loaded in the store.
I left with out spending any money and wrote a complaint to the store via email stating I will never shop any of there stores again.
I do plan to conceal when I get my permit but I am NOT going to give up my right as a Montanan and an American while waiting.
I don't OC to be cool, cause attention, I carry because the safety of myself and wife is my responsilbty. I believe in good cops but being a fireman I know the importance of a fire extinguisher.

Friday I did get a little upset when the manger of one of my favorite gun stores asked if my weapon was loaded. I told him it was and he asked if i would unload it as not to scare customers. I told him I could just leave but ended up letting him clear the chamber.

All I can say is.... well, nothing, I can only shake my head. He could have manned-up, told you the truth, and said that he was scared you were going to do something stupid in his store with your loaded gun. (What he so obviously thought...not me.) It made his customers feel better that your holstered gun was unloaded? Yeah....right.

I agree with that 100% people who dont know about guns think they are bad and evil between the news and liberal states ie NY they have a bad rep to be honest after just moving to WY and being able to exercise my 2nd amendment right I still feel I will be judged as a criminal for OC so it takes some getting used to

I second that! I left NYC for Wyoming and got the hell out of dodge. The surprising thing is that even in New York criminals have the right to defend themselves with a firearm if they have one on them even though they'll just face possession charges for having a loaded unregisted gun.

Yeah, in a ranch supply/gun store, the one place I thought would welcome OC. Scheels and Cabelas were great about it however!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back