Onondaga County question

dps

I heard that if you have concealed carry permit and go for an amendment you will be issued a target/hunting only permit.Does anyone have info on this.I need a replacement permit and I would like to buy another pistol but now I'm not sure if I should. Thanks

I heard that if you have concealed carry permit and go for an amendment you will be issued a target/hunting only permit.Does anyone have info on this.I need a replacement permit and I would like to buy another pistol but now I'm not sure if I should. Thanks

I don't have an answer but suggest you call your county pistol permit clerk and inquire.

IF that is indeed the case, I would ask for the reason for the change of priveledges (what happened to rights? I know, nys) in writing from the issuing officer (the judge most likely). Then, find a lawyer. If you have been vetted once to carry concelaed with no restrictions, there SHOULD be some "valid" reason why you are no longer capable of maintaining that status.

Free State Project Home [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]. I left ny and moved to NH last week. No regrets.

Good luck.

-Matt

Knocking a carry down to Hunting/Target for adding a gun?? Really?

I live in Onondaga County and I've never heard of that, let alone have any info. All you're doing with an amendment is adding a gun to your permit. If you want to carry a particular gun, of course you have to add it to your permit. As much as Onondaga doesn't like to issue carry permits, I still can't see them knocking the permit down to a non-carry JUST because you followed the process and correctly added a gun to your permit. Whomever you heard this from either did not tell you the whole set of circumstances surrounding their claim, or they did not have the entire story straight themselves.

As far as the replacement permit is concerned, if you go down there to add a gun, they're going to print you off a new permit anyway, once they make the change in the system, to reflect the newly added gun, so it shows on the back of your permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back