Only the Cops should have Guns

I saw this story on the news yesterday morning. It may come as a surprise to gun grabbers that police are people too and, as this story shows, only allowing them to have guns won't necessarily make everyone safer.

I agree, you won't necessarily be any safer with just cops having guns. Case in point, Federal Agent shoots supervisor in LA. Cops are human and can go off the deep end just like anyone else.

The biggest issue today is that a government for the people, by the people is lost. The people have the power, and the Constitution was written to RESTRICT GOVERNMENT not to restrict the people. The strict-construction or loose-construction debate has been going on every since it was written, but the fact still remains that the document is in place to RESTRICT THE OPPRESSIVE POWER OF THE GOVERNMENT. It is sickening to hear that SCOTUS states that the Second Amendment grants the people....NO! The second amendment restricts the government from limiting arms and so on. Once this way of thinking comes back the way it should, we can get back to having a decent country.

When I heard the story at FoxNews, I said to my husband...now the brady bunch will push to eliminate guns at Homeland Security. He said....Clinton pushed to remove guns from the army so what happened at Fort Hood?

Why should even the cops have guns? It works so well in England!

In all honesty, if there were a way to guarantee (and I do mean guarantee, not 90%, not even 99%, but guarantee) that all guns are removed from the country, other than the military, I vote for it. Not enthusiastically, because I like target shooting, but if a way was found to truly guarantee, sure. But it ain't gonna happen.

Just as if we could guarantee that every country got rid of all nuclear weapons, I'd be for getting rid of ours. But as long as even one "rogue" has it, we should have it, too (reduce our numbers, sure. Even 1000 is literally overkill.) Same goes with guns. As long as one criminal has one, I want one too.

In all honesty, if there were a way to guarantee (and I do mean guarantee, not 90%, not even 99%, but guarantee) that all guns are removed from the country, other than the military, I vote for it. Not enthusiastically, because I like target shooting, but if a way was found to truly guarantee, sure. But it ain't gonna happen.

Just as if we could guarantee that every country got rid of all nuclear weapons, I'd be for getting rid of ours. But as long as even one "rogue" has it, we should have it, too (reduce our numbers, sure. Even 1000 is literally overkill.) Same goes with guns. As long as one criminal has one, I want one too.

If we lived in your world we'd still be an English colony.

Like the old saying goes outlaw guns and only the crooks will have guns!.

Not true, crooks will also have knives, bats, their fists, crowbars and other things that as a law abiding citizen you will also be defenseless against.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

The biggest issue today is that a government for the people, by the people is lost. The people have the power, and the Constitution was written to RESTRICT GOVERNMENT not to restrict the people. The strict-construction or loose-construction debate has been going on every since it was written, but the fact still remains that the document is in place to RESTRICT THE OPPRESSIVE POWER OF THE GOVERNMENT. It is sickening to hear that SCOTUS states that the Second Amendment grants the people....NO! The second amendment restricts the government from limiting arms and so on. Once this way of thinking comes back the way it should, we can get back to having a decent country.
As does the first amendment which does not grant us the "right to free speech" (We are born with that right!)
but restricts the "gubbament" as to our right of free speach!

When I heard the story at FoxNews, I said to my husband...now the brady bunch will push to eliminate guns at Homeland Security. He said....Clinton pushed to remove guns from the army so what happened at Fort Hood?

No matter how good you make him look. You have to give him credit for being a smart guy,and not just for marrying you! he e

Do you have a cite to show that clinton tried to "remove guns from the army"?
there are plenty of reasons to dislike his presidency. I don't recall this one.

Might want to remember England and Europe would be speaking German not once but twice if it were not for the USA, England had to request the US to ship Guns in world war two.

Warbirds, I was just scrolling down to say essentially the same thing. Even if guns could be absolutely eliminated from being in the possession of criminals (generally a fairytale idea) the honest citizen still needs the force multiplier provided by firearms. Knives, rocks, sticks, fists, cars, etc. can all be deadly and can not be defeated by the average citizen. Get to the subset of old, very young, disabled, and other various varieties of weak, and the failure to defend rate will go way up.

The issue is not necessarily guns against guns. It is basically good vs evil.

Umm not just no...hell no.

Lets look at some numbers. The United Kingdon that has about 1/5 the population of the US (62,300,000 vs 313,042,000) yet they have more than 50% of the total crimes that occur in the US. 6,523,706 for the UK 11,877,218 for the US.

How is the UK now safer because of their gun laws? Take away your protection (the gun) you are now more likely to be stabbed, or beaten, or any other way a creative criminal is going to get what they want.

My numbers come from Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

If we lived in your world we'd still be an English colony.

If the king and parliament hadn't acted the way they did, I likely wouldn't have a problem with that.

Hell, if it worked properly, communism really would be the best form of government. But like gun control laws, it doesn't work in reality. There's a difference between idealism and realism. A lot of what would be great "in theory" fails miserably in real life.

A dictatorship (king, etc.) is probably the most efficient form of government. The caveat (and, of course it is a big one) is that the rule be benign and essentially selfless. On top of that, the ruler (and his minions) need to be intelligent and well educated. They must also not base their decisions on any religious point of view.

In practice this is difficult to establish and almost impossible for a second generation of rule. Heredity being unreliable and coups common. If real (as opposed to perceived) personal freedom is maintained, there would probably be general acceptance. If the rule is rational in its' actions it will conflict with the people whose view of the world is in someway divergent with reality. Therein lies the problems with democracy. It is ruled by money and power wielded by people with a broken concept of reality.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back