online courses for Utah, Florida or Ohio?

RockinAJ

I have a Montana permit to exercise my constitutional right...
However I'm planning a trip to Ohio and they don't accept my permit.
I found that Utah has a permit that just about good anywhere. However they make you take a class.
Is there an online course available?
I would just open carry however I read a law saying you can't open carry in YOUR vehicle. Is this true?
Don't see a trip to Utah in my future...

There is no such thing as an online course for any firearms permit that I know of. You need to find an instructor in your area who is qualified to teach the Utah course. (I took my course right here in Massachusetts.)

I took mine here in MO and it is honored in UT, too. The same with my FL permit. I do not believe an online course will be good either because you need an actual instructor to teach you properly and gauge what sort of mistakes you might be doing and correct it right then and there. This not like taking an online course in a Phoenix University-like structure.

Utah requires the training to take place in person. It also requires that a non-resident have their own state's permit first.

You should be able to find a Utah certified instructor nearby. My instructor training class was 80% non-Utah resident instructor candidates.

AZ still issues permits and as previously mentioned they can be had by mail. Go to the AZ DPS website and either email ask for a package or call.

When you get it fill out the simple one page form and send it back with the two print cards, 60 bucks, and a copy of both sides of your Montana permit or alternate acceptable documentation as specified on the website.

They used to turn permits around in less than two weeks but these days it's taking a little longer due to demand.

AZ still issues permits and as previously mentioned they can be had by mail. Go to the AZ DPS website and either email ask for a package or call.

When you get it fill out the simple one page form and send it back with the two print cards, 60 bucks, and a copy of both sides of your Montana permit or alternate acceptable documentation as specified on the website.

They used to turn permits around in less than two weeks but these days it's taking a little longer due to demand.

Beat me to it. Go with AZ...you MO permit is your proof of training.

Online training: VA law specifically allows for online training. WI's new law doesn't specifically mention online, but the wording doesn't rule it out either.

Can't you get the flordia non-res permit? I have not read the the requirments in awhile. But it I remember correctly your current permit with a copy of your training (hunters ed card etc) with meet the requirments. I need to reread that section.

Utah requires the training to take place in person. It also requires that a non-resident have their own state's permit first.

Only if said non-resident's state honors the UT permit.

Can't you get the flordia non-res permit? I have not read the the requirments in awhile. But it I remember correctly your current permit with a copy of your training (hunters ed card etc) with meet the requirments. I need to reread that section.

For FL the current permit doesn't matter, they want the training certificate. AZ will accept a copy of the permit.

@ mrjam2jab - Thanks for clarifying about the non-resident Utah permit. Montana recognizes Utah permits so I didn't clarify, but I should have.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back