One vet to another vet

edtlewis

As a vetnam vet (americal division), i want to say thanks to all who served and are serving now. Let us not forget the sacrifice made by veterans of all wars to make this country great. Thank you!!

As a vetnam vet (americal division), i want to say thanks to all who served and are serving now. Let us not forget the sacrifice made by veterans of all wars to make this country great. Thank you!!

Thank you for your Service.. Welcome Home.

RHB
Da Nang 68-70

I'll also extend a thank you, but we need to remember that Memorial Day is not Veterans-only holiday. This is a day to remember ALL those who've died while serving their country. Along with the Vets, let's remember the LEO's, Firefighters and EMS folks, too

Thanks to all of you, who carried...and continue to carry...the heavy load for all of us.

I served during Viet Nam - '65 to '69 - but didn't have the honor of being allowed to serve alongside you who were in-country. Tried three times but I guess they were concerned I might start an International incident or something. I can't blame 'em!

God Bless all'a you guys 'n' gals, and Thank You from a grateful Nation...whether they have the sense to realize it or not.

Link Removed

Thanks for your heroic service in Viet Nam. One of my older brothers gave his life there in November of 67'. It was because of his service that made me, many years ago, join the Marines. My father was a WW2 vet and was at Hickam Field, Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. He was a gunner on a B-25 in the Pacific. All three of my uncles were either in WW2 or the Korean War. It broke my Dad's heart when Robbie got KIA in Nam. So many young lives get snuffed out while friggin' polititians start all these conflicts. I think we need to send their asses to fight the wars they start! Sorry, got on my soap box. Just wanted to support you and all vets past and present with some personal reasons as to why they are so important.

Veterans

A Veteran is someone who at one time in there lives wrote a blank check to there country up to and including there lives! God bless all veterans, police, and firefighters and ems personel.:pleasantry:

Thank you for your service

Thanks to you and all other veterans who have served to keep us free.

One Vet to Another Vet

Thanks to all of you for service to our country, whether you were (or are) "in country", logistic support, ready reserves, military home security, etc. I salute you for the willingness to defend and honor the great nation we have and love!

Vietnam 1969/70

Thanks to all veterans - past & present - for your committments and sacrifices. Those of us who wore the uniform know what your going through/have been through, and we appreciate it more than you think!

USAF(ret.) 1959-1983
VietNam Vet. 1966-1968
:pleasantry:

I have an interesting aside to this thread... I had a Wonderful experience yesterday!! I wear the POW/MIA bracelet of a Special Forces Hero who was lost in Cambodia in 1968, Robert F. Scherdin...have for many years. Yesterday I received an e-mail from his Cousin!! It was terrific, and I can only wonder at the spirits that conspired to let him find me...a new treasured memory in my life, that's certain.

Ektarr, that's great to hear. We found a POW/MIA bracelet in my dad's watch box after he passed away. I felt a duty to find out what had become of this serviceman. It took several months with posts on POW forums, before I was pleased to learn Capt. Lengyel returned from Viet Nam and, at the time of the report, was living in Texas.

I have an interesting aside to this thread... I had a Wonderful experience yesterday!! I wear the POW/MIA bracelet of a Special Forces Hero who was lost in Cambodia in 1968, Robert F. Scherdin...have for many years. Yesterday I received an e-mail from his Cousin!! It was terrific, and I can only wonder at the spirits that conspired to let him find me...a new treasured memory in my life, that's certain.

Wwhat else can I say except :smile:

I'll also extend a thank you, but we need to remember that Memorial Day is not Veterans-only holiday. This is a day to remember ALL those who've died while serving their country. Along with the Vets, let's remember the LEO's, Firefighters and EMS folks, too

I do not want to start a flame war, but Memorial Day is a military day meant for the rememberance of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines of the Armed Forces that have died. I find it disrespectful to include anyone else. It is not meant for civilian deaths or to honor those outside of the military. Please do some research and have some respect for those personel and their families that have sacrificed more than most who go home daily after work.....

Army Infantry 1989-Present
Currently deployed, again

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War – it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War – it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back