OMG - Tragedy

ecocks

I feel for this poor man and the pain he is experiencing must be horrible.

Link Removed

Apparently it was "unintentional" but I am not buying it as "accidental." Practicing a draw in a room of your home (apparently in front of a doorway) with a loaded firearm? Can you say "negligent"?

As you said very sad. Also very negligent. I know we all make mistakes, but anyone carrying a firearm should know better than this. I can't imagine how this poor man feels.

I was with the Tarrant co. Sheriff's office in the mid 70's and was told by someone that a number of years before I went to work there one deputy shot another deputy while doing the same thing. Not sure if it was true or not. The above story does sound a little fishy but who knows.

Fishy?

I hate to sound like Pollyanna here but come on that would be insane rather than fishy. A gut shot at close range doesn't sound like anything other than negligence to me. Also, they say he was performing first aid on her when they arrived and unless I misunderstand she died shortly after. No matter how this turns out do you really believe they will actually hire this guy now? I would like to think no Sheriff in their right mind would finish processing him onto the force. If it was intentional, who would murder their wife the night before becoming a policeman? This guy's life is ruined no matter what transpires. I would have him on suicide watch. Can he even get a CC license/permit in most states now?

Stupid is the operable word. Who in their right mind practices fast draw with a loaded weapon inside their house?

I use snap caps! Tells you the same thing only without holes in walls and people!

Yeah I feel sorry for the guy and I don't think it sounds fishy for reasons already given. Just stupid.

Stupid is the operable word. Who in their right mind practices fast draw with a loaded weapon inside their house?

I use snap caps!

Yeah I feel sorry for the guy and I don't think it sounds fishy for reasons already given. Just stupid.

I wonder what the Bradys are going to say about this one? Already, they are against private firearms ownership due to the fact that the average civilian does not have "sufficient" firearms proficiency. However, contrary to that police officer, everyone on this board, (most of whom are not police officers, by the way) knows that you don't practice drawing with a loaded weapon. I'm just wondering if the Bradys are going to use this incident as an excuse to push for more restrictions on law abiding citizens. Idiots like this guy only give the Bradys more ammo (no pun intended).

Over here

in Europe, most police officers leave their guns at the station. As best I can tell a few senior officers "carry" but most only belt on their weapon when actually on duty. This type of situation would probably be preferable to the extreme anti's and Brady crowd. Think what would have happened in Trolley Square if this was the case.

The ironic part to this is that the brady bunch thinks that all we need are the police and don`t believe the average citizen should be armed,but a good portion of these so called accidental shootings or accidental discharges seem to be linked to police officers.Coincidence maybe,but kind of ironic in the same respect.

Update

The poor guy in the story was a 24 year-old decorated Iraq vet (returned last year). One stupid mistake and his life is permanently affected.

Remember the details and avoid shortcuts.

You can never be too safe.

Last edited:
There is a cure for stupid.

A few years ago in Arkansas a dimwit wanted to show off for his girlfriend by playing Russian Roulette..................................

With a Semi-Automatic! He's not stupid anymore. :eek:

That's so unbelievably stupid that it almost seems more plausible that he was trying to knock off his wife the day before becoming a police officer, which itself would be stupid.

Using a loaded weapon, with the safety off, practicing drawing, and pointing it at a door? Geez. :eek: We're probably better off without this guy as a LEO.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back