Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, WA

NavyLCDR

Went to Winthrop, WA, a little tourist town in the Cascade Mountains in Washington for a day trip. The family was shopping and the Old Schoolhouse Brewery caught my eye. So while the family did some shopping only they wanted to do, I stepped in to sample my favorite type of beverage that they might be offering. The law in Washington is no guns in an area of an establishment off-limits to <21 years of age. A 30-ish year old woman followed me in, I sat in the "restaurant" area and she went into the bar area. I overheard parts of the conversion. I caught only small parts of the conversation that ensued.

Woman: "He has a firearm"
Bartender: "That's the restaurant, this is the bar"
Woman: "....uncomfortable....."
Bartender: "I can call the owner if you want"
Saw the bartender make a phone call.
Woman did stay at the bar.
I did stay in the restaurant.
They made a fantastic dark Imperial IPA! My family joined me a few minutes later and the wife enjoyed their bread pudding.

Anyway, if you are ever in Winthrop, WA, make sure to stop in:
Link Removed

Interesting that a craft brewery would have an area where <21 are not permitted, or is that a state law that stipulates that the bar area of a brewery tasting room is >21 only?

There are over 50 craft breweries within 20 miles of my house, and all permit <21 anywhere, and many are kid friendly, from sandboxes to games.

I love a good IPA.

I don't know the statutory requirements for having an area designated >=21 only, but it's no different than Applebees.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back