Oklahoma has something in the works

mizzly

the border Iowa,Nebraska
Her you go.

Link Removed

Just passing the info along.....

Open carriers:

Soon after the Oklahoma Senate voted 33-15 to legalize open carry in Oklahoma, the California-based anti-gun rights lobby group "Legal Community Against Violence" decided to stick their nose into matter, opposing the bill. Their lobbyist-attorney Lindsay Nicholls exclaimed that if open carry reform passes, that "[t]]here's no way for officers to know that people are just exercising their rights [or can] quickly determine whether the gun is owned legally." See Tulsa World news coverage at Link Removed

Here at OpenCarry.org we have no way of knowing if Ms. Lindsay Nicholls, Esquire, has ever been to Oklahoma or knows where it is - but we can tell you that Nicholls shot her mouth off without even bother to read HB 3354 which provides in plain sight that open carry of properly holstered handguns will be limited to those ALREADY holding the permit to conceal!

Meanwhile, common sense law enforcement professionals like Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan appropriately said that his department does take stances on pending legislation "but has had no trouble with the concealed-carry law. We'll just have to wait and see, but I've been impressed with concealed carry," Jordan said.

TAKE ACTION:

If you are an Oklahoma resident, student, or business owner with an Oklahoma address, FIRST, sign the online petition for Oklahoma if you have not already done so at Open Carry in Oklahoma Petition

SECOND, go to Oklahoma House of Representatives - House Membership to find and contact your state representative now - send him a short message encouraging him to vote FOR HB 3354 and legalize open carry.

Suggested Email:
------

SUBJECT: Please support HB 3354 to legalize open carry for permit holders!

Dear Representative:

I just read that the California-based anti-gun rights lobby group "Legal Community Against Violence" decided to stick their nose into Oklahoma to oppose legalization of the open carry handguns by people who ALREADY hold an Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. As a supporter of Second Amendment rights in Oklahoma, I find this meddling outrageous.

Most states allow open carry without any permit at all. I support open carry for Oklahomans, and urge you to support HB 3354 which merely legalizes open carry for Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit holders.

Please let me know how you intend to vote.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
-------

If Oklahoma legalizes open carry, can Texas and Arkansas be for behind?

Carry on!

John Pierce
Co-founder, OpenCarry.org

Just passing the info along.....
(quote edited for brevity by NDS)
Thanks for the informative post! I'd like to see open carry and Constitutional Carry accepted everywhere in the US. Adding another state to OC will be good for us all.

Urge Governor Henry to sign HB3354

Here's an email I sent today to all who have signed my petition and made their email address
visible to me. If you agree with email, please act on it and share.

Thanks!

Email follows:

SUBJECT: Urge Governor Henry to sign the open carry bill!

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at Open Carry in Oklahoma Petition.

Governor Henry appears to be wavering on whether to sign HB 3354 which would legalize open carry for those holding the Oklahoma license to conceal a handgun. See
Link Removed

The Governor has been told that YOU, one of over 11,000 Oklahoma citizens who have signed the open carry petition, might present some sort of danger to our state law enforcement officers if you take your jacket off while lawfully carrying a properly holstered handgun.

This hypothesis has no basis in fact - 43 states allow open carry, most without any need for a license, and no state has experienced threats to police officers by open carriers. In fact, all rank and file police officers in the field know that the true threat to them comes from criminals concealing guns.

Your IMMEDIATE action is need to help persuade Governor Henry to do the right thing and sign HB 3354 - URGENT - we literally only have hours or days to make this happen!

ACTION ITEM: Call AND email Governor Henry TODAY and let him know we want this bill signed!

1. SUGGESTED PHONE MESSAGE - call (405) 521-2342 TODAY and leave a BRIEF voice mail or message with staff - example: "Governor Henry, Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry. My name is ____ and I live in ____ here in Oklahoma. Thank you."

2. SUGGESTED EMAIL MESSAGE - go to Governor Brad Henry TODAY and fill in your contact info.

Suggested Topic: Please sign Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry

Suggested message:

Dear Governor Henry:

Please sign HB 3354 to make Oklahoma the 44th state to allow open carry!

Open carry is a valuable individual right and has not endangered police officers in the 44 states that allow it, including in America's great cities, from Atlanta, to Richmond, to Pittsburgh, to Toledo, to Seattle, and beyond.

In fact, police officers in Georgia have recently reported that open carry deterred a violent armed robbery. See Link Removed

Moreover, rank and file Oklahoma police officers in the field already know what a recent FBI study concluded - that even in open carry states, violent criminals always CONCEAL their guns and don't ever wear holsters. See Anthony Pinizzotto, et al., Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers, FBI (2006) (finding that violent criminals carefully "conceal" their guns and "eschew holsters"), summarized at Link Removed.

As you know, in most states, no permit is required to open carry at age 18, see maps at Link Removed & Link Removed, and this usually includes both US citizens and legal resident aliens alike.

But even after you sign HB 3354, Oklahoma will continue to have some of the most strict handgun carry controls in the United States because the bill only legalizes open carry for persons who are (1) US citizens, (2) over 21 years of age, and, (3) also already holding the Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. These are the same trustworthy Oklahomans carrying handguns in public throughout Oklahoma every day.

Over 11,000 Oklahomans have signed the open carry petition. I join them in urging you to sign HB 3354.

This issue is very important to me and many other people. Please let me know what you are going to do.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back