OK to defend yourself?

Landavazoaj

I see these threads pop up quite a bit different scenario's, but with every scenario your justification changes.

You can say "What if" all day long and hear a thousand different answers.

I have never been in a situation where I needed to defend my life (thank the lord). I do feel that in a situation where your life is on the line and you have a second to react, survival will kick in and you will do what you have to do. Only the person in this situation can tell if his or her life is on the line. In a situation like that, I feel it is self defense and a matter of survival. I am a believer in "Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". If a person is threatening the life of you or your family I believe it is your responsibility to defend them and yourself. I watched a video yesterday that someone posted on the 2nd amendment thread and I feel she said it best. She said to legislators in Texas "I would much rather have a felony conviction and be in prison and have my family alive". I do agree with you that if you have a while to think about it then most likely your life is not in grave danger. However there are exceptions to this, many in fact. There is always a situation where you will have to think before you react. I pray that no one on here (or anywhere) for that matter is ever in a life or death situation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back