Oil on Polymer frame

JohnLM

I want to know if its okay to put a very light coat of oil on my Glock 27 to keep it from turning dull?? :help:

You don't have to oil the frame - just the slide where it contacts the frame. I carry the 27 daily and find it just doesn't require much maintenance. I clean it regularly but the polymer frame will never corrode. However, it can get dirt and and other materials built up in the trigger mechanism over time, so just wipe it down and oil the mechanism from the inside (while broken down) and you'll never have an issue.

You don't have to oil the frame - just the slide where it contacts the frame. I carry the 27 daily and find it just doesn't require much maintenance. I clean it regularly but the polymer frame will never corrode. However, it can get dirt and and other materials built up in the trigger mechanism over time, so just wipe it down and oil the mechanism from the inside (while broken down) and you'll never have an issue.
Thanks for the information!!!

I want to know if its okay to put a very light coat of oil on my Glock 27 to keep it from turning dull?? :help:
I follow the Glock protocol of five drops of oil in my G27. Instead of oiling the polymere I use a yellow "breakfree" treated polishing cloth which gives the surface a nice finish without feeling oily. They run just a few bucks in any gun store and last forever.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back