Ohio Police Encounter

Deanimator

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - Encounter - bad, really bad

This is the second contrived "failure to notify" case of which I'm aware. The first was in Beachwood, Ohio and went to trial, the victim of course being acquitted.

This and the previous case are examples of pure malice on the part of police during an encounter.

The offer to drop the charges in exchange for immunity from suit is proof positive that the prosecutor knows he has no case... and that he's an extortionist.

Hopefully, this will be the stake through the heart of the notification requirement in Ohio. Cops have proved they can't be trusted with it, so it needs to be taken away from them.

And people ask me why I don't trust police...

Hopefully, this will be the stake through the heart of the notification requirement in Ohio. Cops have proved they can't be trusted with it, so it needs to be taken away from them.

Would it be more correct to say that the citizens' 4th Amendment rights should be restored to them?

This almost seems to be a civil rights issue - if this video is released & the description of its contents are proven accurate, I would hope that the person who was involved pushes the issue. Where the issue is to be pushed, I'll leave it to the imagination...

I don't disagree with mandatory notification of Ccw if you are carrying. Just like when a over the top gun nut causes public out cry for stricter gun laws that only hurt the honest. We can't call for eliminating mandatory notification due to an over th top crazy police officer. I rather notify the normal Leo ahead of time than have a misunderstanding on the officers part as to why I have a gun escalate into something worse.

I don't disagree with mandatory notification of Ccw if you are carrying. Just like when a over the top gun nut causes public out cry for stricter gun laws that only hurt the honest. We can't call for eliminating mandatory notification due to an over th top crazy police officer. I rather notify the normal Leo ahead of time than have a misunderstanding on the officers part as to why I have a gun escalate into something worse.
Mandatory notification is nothing more than harassment of lawful gun owners and carriers. No armed robber or drug dealer is going to notify, nor do they even HAVE to, since it's a 5th Amendment violation.

And this is NOT the FIRST time this has happened in Ohio. It's AT LEAST the second. Who knows how many other times it's happened, but the victim was intimidated with similar death threats?

Sorry, Ohio police have proved they can't be trusted with notification. They need to have it taken away from them.

Bad sheepdog, no more CCW Badges for you. :biggrin:

Now if only we can get rid of the blatently racially biased "may-issue" system in California.
The wellspring of ALL gun control in North America is racial, ethnic and religious bias.

I'm well over 55, been carrying since I was 25, with never a bad incident, and most of those years without a CHL (I know, illegal). Now I have a non-resident CHL from Utah which is legal in the state I live in. I got caught in a speed trap for 5 over the other day (no tickets or previous stops in over 20 years). I purposefully did not notify. Also, I was not asked if a gun was in the car or on my person. If I was asked, I would have been truthful. In my state, the cops know if you have the same state's CHL, but we still don't have to notify, only answer truthfully if asked. Also, didn't get a speeding ticket. I think the cops know by profiling who's a potential problem and who isn't.

In Oklahoma you must tell any law Officer stopping you if you have a loaded firearm on you or in the car or truck, it's also shown before your D.L.s number as a letter (H) if you have a CCW. You cannot have a loaded rifle or shotgun in auto or truck that you can reach.

bootsdeal:213944 said:
I'm well over 55, been carrying since I was 25, with never a bad incident, and most of those years without a CHL (I know, illegal). Now I have a non-resident CHL from Utah which is legal in the state I live in. I got caught in a speed trap for 5 over the other day (no tickets or previous stops in over 20 years). I purposefully did not notify. Also, I was not asked if a gun was in the car or on my person. If I was asked, I would have been truthful. In my state, the cops know if you have the same state's CHL, but we still don't have to notify, only answer truthfully if asked. Also, didn't get a speeding ticket. I think the cops know by profiling who's a potential problem and who isn't.

*sarcasm* Did you read the article about the police who thought an ohio carry person was a potential threat? They seem like they know what they are doing...lololololol *sarcasm*

Crazy what happened.... The notification laws need to go.

As for the forum linked to............ well, let me just say that I would be violating the TOS here if dont stop typing now.......

Mandatory notification is nothing more than harassment of lawful gun owners and carriers. No armed robber or drug dealer is going to notify, nor do they even HAVE to, since it's a 5th Amendment violation.

And this is NOT the FIRST time this has happened in Ohio. It's AT LEAST the second. Who knows how many other times it's happened, but the victim was intimidated with similar death threats?

Sorry, Ohio police have proved they can't be trusted with notification. They need to have it taken away from them.

In this case the LEO would have shot first and asked questions later saying he in was pulled on him.

Just watched the video. What a D***head. The cop needs to be tested for steroids and take a year off for anger management then fired.

So the question becomes: "How would you handle the situation if it happened to you today?". Remember, the cop keeps telling you to shut up and not move.

Would yelling "I'm legally armed!" qualify? You've just notified and if he still wants you to sit there mute, no problem!

I also live in ohio. Was stopped by a sheriff for not having my front license plate . Told the leo that I had a ccw permit. He then started yelling at me to put my hands on the stearing wheel. He then made me get out of my car and searched me and the car and my two passengers. 23 years old never been in any trouble with the law not even a speeding ticket and he treated my like a criminal. I lost all respect for ohio leo that day. Hopefully someday we will be able to exercise our second amendment rights with out the fear of leo treating us like the bad guys.

Mmoritz20:214121 said:
I also live in ohio. Was stopped by a sheriff for not having my front license plate . Told the leo that I had a ccw permit. He then started yelling at me to put my hands on the stearing wheel. He then made me get out of my car and searched me and the car and my two passengers. 23 years old never been in any trouble with the law not even a speeding ticket and he treated my like a criminal. I lost all respect for ohio leo that day. Hopefully someday we will be able to exercise our second amendment rights with out the fear of leo treating us like the bad guys.

Welcome to the dark side :-D

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back