Ohio Police Encounter

I can't quote with my phone but that is not a true statement made earlier about a H before your drivers license number in Oklahoma. In fact, there is no information tied to your license if a LEO does a check on his radio. He/She has to ask dispatch specifically to look that up that you have a CCW. It is true that you do have to notify only if you are in possession and produce your permit if you are involved in a traffic stop.

I just saw the video_OMFG!!! I hope both of the criminals with badges get fired, sued, and charged at state and federal level, at the very least.:angry:

I am finding this tuff to put words to.
This officer was wrong on so many levels...people wonder what a "police state" looks like...well take a good look...it wasn't real clear what these people did wrong other than the police recognized one of the passenger's and thought they were free to just push people around at will.
Scenes like this are why more and more people are coming to the conclusion that that the police aren't only ones that should be able to carry guns. Ask yourself this....would you want these two officers "protecting" you?

The one cop that was acting like a real prick needs to be fired, and he needs to spend a few years in a mental hospital at a minimum. I don`t care what kind of a public servent you are, you have no right what so ever to treat anyone like that.

How many laws did the cop break by threatening to cave his head in and pull his Glock 40 and pump him full of lead? Why hasn't he been arrested for these threats?

OpenCarryYes:214376 said:
How many laws did the cop break by threatening to cave his head in and pull his Glock 40 and pump him full of lead? Why hasn't he been arrested for these threats?

Agree, I posted this in another thread about this incident.

Everyone wants the officer fired, I agree. People want the ccw holder to sue..eh i don't agree, but that is just my opinion. But why wouldn't everyone want the police officer to go to jail? He assaulted someone with a deadly weapon three times!

1. Treatening to stick a gun to civilians head
2. Threatening to cave in civilians face
3. Threatening to execute civilian

All these would land a civilian in jail over night at least. This officer is not just a bad cop, but a bad person through and through.

People want the ccw holder to sue..eh i don't agree, but that is just my opinion.
Why on earth would he NOT sue?
  1. He was unlawfully deprived of his liberty.
  2. He was the victim of criminal assault.
  3. He was threatened with future criminal harassment.
  4. He was falsely arrested and charged with a crime he didn't commit.
This is PRECISELY the sort of thing for which the Federal 1983 remedy for civil rights violations was created.

What's your alternative? Have the victim call the cops out in a duel?

Link to the dash cam video on YouTube:
‪Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens‬‏ - YouTube

This is going to follow the cop around for the rest of his life... a LOT of people are going to make SURE of it.

That, and a felony conviction for communicating threats to murder, conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to inflict bodily harm....not to even begin to mention the violations of this man's rights for which he was carrying a permit. This is more than enough evidence to put both cops iin jail for a very long time, after which they should never be able to touch a gun again, never be seen in a uniform again, and to never again be a threat to the general public. Shameful beyond imagination!

The wellspring of ALL gun control in North America is racial, ethnic and religious bias.

Gun control in Germany was instituted to disarm Jews. American gun control has roots in keeping slaves disarmed. Visit jpfo.org and get the video called "No Guns for Negro's" which shows just how our gun control in fact does have racist roots. Nowadays, the elite government types on the left want Americans disarmed simply to make in easier, if not to make it possible, to make it easier to control us and take us where they want us to go, right down the road with Greece, Cuba and England... All hail ObaMao! Er, Buck oFama.

NavyLCDR:214720 said:
People want the ccw holder to sue..eh i don't agree, but that is just my opinion.

In your opinion, what WOULD be grounds to sue one?

My opinion is unless it caused some amount of wealth, suing for money for wrong doing is weak. Charging the officer with a crime is justified. If they put a felony on the ccw, suing to clear is record is justified. Sheep dogs just waiting for their blaze of glory reminds me of people waiting for their early retirement because a bad guy hurt their feelings.

That's my opinion, I don't mind otherso opinions on suing. I just like earning my money.

canton is where the policeofficer killed his pregnant girlfriend and is in stark co where they did all the unlawful strip search on women for no real reason by male and female policeofficers. nice people they got there on those police depts.

wow sorry to hear that

I am not an Ohio resident but I travel there and carry a copy of the law with me. I have an out of state permit that is supposed to be honored in Ohio. That is why I carry a copy of the law with me. I also carry my attorneys card and have legal fee insurance. But you do give me pause I am sorry to hear you were ill treated.
I was just stopped in my home state the other day as soon as I saw the lights I put my wallet on the dash took out my license and my permit and handed both over, kept both hands out the window. The Officer asked me if I had a weapon in the car and I said yes I do he wanted to know where and I told him where I carry it. He said well lets just leave it there shall we? I said yes sir. After he came back to me car he handed my cards back and I realized I had accidentally handed him my club id card which tells him I am a paying member of the range that lets his department practice for free. I got a fix it ticket. We might all try to have some community involvement with our police
Dept. It is a little harder to be nasty to people that are helpful to you. I took care of fix and had the ticket signed off that day. We really are members of the single most law abiding community in the country. Maybe some day the police will realize that. Hopefully

Last edited:
I was just stopped in my home state the other day as soon as I saw the lights I put my wallet on the dash took out my license and my permit and handed both over kept noth hands out the window.
In Ohio that would NOT be considered proper notification. It must be verbal. Of course Officer Harless made sure that the victim in Canton COULDN'T verbally inform.

I will remember that. I will make it verbal if it ever happens in Ohio. I would bet it would not hold up in court though, there are reasons people can not speak and or times when one can not be heard, formal written notification would seem to be adequate in any event. However I was about to speak after I handed him the permit, I even hesitated when the officer said weapon. I was taught to always say firearm rather than gun or weapon.
I do remember however when I was living in Detroit it made the news the night the police surrounded a man crossing the highway at night behind a road block when told to put up his hands he reached into his pocket and died in a hail of bullets. When the police rolled him over to see what he had in his hand. He was holding a card that said he was a deaf mute (not an urban legend it made the morning news and papers).The police said they will never know if he was the man they were looking for, he matched the description (sort of, on a dark and stormy night).

Some how we have to work together to get a better reputation and let the police know that they work for us. This out of control government stuff needs to stop. Over half the population now works for the government that leaves 50% to pay the taxes that pay their wages and cover the interest on the national debt and 18% of them are out of work and over 46 million are on food stamps. This is really an amazing country when only 32% of the population can pay for all of that. Just imagine,really just imagine if we could only double the number of people that were working what we could do. No wonder the world envies us. We just let the wrong people manage us sorry guys we all share in this mess and the people that perpetuate it are down right evil bastards (just in case that seems unduly harsh or might be a violation of our language rules for this venue) I mean it in the biblical sense i.e. they are not our sons and should have no right to the future inheritance of this country. This country is a beautiful place because of its' rich mix of all races and freedom, there is nothing like it anywhere else in the whole world and we need to preserve it. We need to all step up and speak against evil people. What did the poet say a coward dies a thousand times and a brave man dies but once. If you think it is coincidence that the politicians are burning up the lives of our bravest and best in how many wars now?. Think again.

Thank god it worked out well for this armed citizen.... He was in court today, and the judge dismissed the case against him, he will not face any charges and will be able to remain a armed citizen!

Thank god it worked out well for this armed citizen.... He was in court today, and the judge dismissed the case against him, he will not face any charges and will be able to remain a armed citizen!
  1. Officer Harless has a disciplinary hearing on 12/01... unless the union can convince the city that he's still bark at the moon nuts and gets it postponed again. His previous hearing was pushed back because as the union put it, he was "unable to contribute to his own defense".
  2. The planned lawsuit against Harless, Diels and Canton is going to be UGLY since the victim ALREADY has a judicial finding (from the trial judge) that his 4th Amendment rights were violated. Good luck overcoming THAT.

1. Officer Harless has a disciplinary hearing on 12/01... unless the union can convince the city that he's still bark at the moon nuts and gets it postponed again. His previous hearing was pushed back because as the union put it, he was "unable to contribute to his own defense".
  2. The planned lawsuit against Harless, Diels and Canton is going to be UGLY since the victim ALREADY has a judicial finding (from the trial judge) that his 4th Amendment rights were violated. Good luck overcoming THAT.
I for one will be cheering for the victim. Hopefully this will be tried in a Federal Court so that it doesn't get bogged down and that the Canton PD gets some Federal oversight.

Make that another person that will be cheering for the victim. Just think how many times something like this has happened and the video mysteriously disappears.

Make that another person that will be cheering for the victim. Just think how many times something like this has happened and the video mysteriously disappears.
A previous (his only one?) reprimand was for turning off the dash cam.

There are in fact THREE videos of Harless having virtually identical psychotic breaks... that we know of.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back