Ohio Bar Shootout...

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
While others may wring their hands over this...

YouTube - Raw Video: Wild Shootout at Ohio Bar

...as an argument over why people shouldn't be permitted to have firearms readily at hand, I view it another way . . .

What I see here is the patrons of a bar exercising their Right of self-defense in the face of a criminal attack. Word is that this started when the 'Greeter' in the establishment asked a man to leave who was trying to sell marijuana. The attack was in retaliation for that "insult".

The point is, the results could have...WOULD have!...been a whole lot different had the patrons NOT had the wherewithal to mount a defense!! See any police there? Anyone there other than the patrons to take charge of the defense? No, of course not. "When Seconds count...the Police are only MINUTES away."

Even now, they have no suspects and are asking the public for any help they can provide to try to capture the BG's.

Firearms. Save. Lives.

In the end, the only one you can truly trust to be there to protect you when you need it most . . . is you.

Unfortunately the press will simply use this as anti propaganda. Even a FOX News reporter asked the Chief of Police if this didn't show that Ohio's gun laws were to lenient. She doesn't know that, not only does Ohio issue CCW' s only to residents after a back ground check, but the following laws apply if you don't have a CCW:

It is unlawful for a person not issued a concealed handgun license or a temporary emergency license to have a firearm in a motor vehicle unless it is unloaded and carried in one of the following ways:
• In a closed case, box, or package.
• Secured in a rack in plain sight.
• In plain sight, with the action open or the weapon stripped, or if the firearm’s action will not stay open or it cannot be easily stripped, in plain sight.
• In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle.

Is it just me or do most of these guys look like "gangstas"? I know the video quality is poor. But they don't act like CCW permit holders I know: you can see 'em firing thru the open door and then running off down the street. I don't know if using this video is gonna do much for our cause...unless I'm completely mistaken. But, overall the conduct of all involved doesn't look "above board" to me. I could be wrong and I'll stand corrected, if so.

At the very minimum, these guys cannot do any more that fire the wepons. They did not hit anyone they were firing at. Had a CH permit holder been firing back there would five less BGs

At the very minimum, these guys cannot do any more that fire the wepons. They did not hit anyone they were firing at. Had a CH permit holder been firing back there would five less BGs

This is a blanket statement I cannot agree with. How many CCW holders never take any training past the required course for the permit? How many of us have been shot at? Enough to be able to react well while under fire? How many of us really know how we will react when the adrenaline really starts flowing?

I believe the armed civilians here performed very well. If they hadn't been there, we probably would be talking about a mass shooting in an Ohio bar right now, instead of their weapons proficiency. And no innocents were injured.

the whole thing looks like two gangs shooting it out (and poorly at that) a drug deal gone bad.......

It's an interesting video, but until they sort out who's who and who did what and 17 other things, it's hard to make judgments on this alone. A lot may have happened off camera.

My only comment would be that while several people obviously got out of there as fast as they could, some, especially the ones outside, acted as if this wasn't the first exchange of gunfire they'd ever been close to.

It's an interesting video, but until they sort out who's who and who did what and 17 other things, it's hard to make judgments on this alone. A lot may have happened off camera.

My only comment would be that while several people obviously got out of there as fast as they could, some, especially the ones outside, acted as if this wasn't the first exchange of gunfire they'd ever been close to.

Hmmm...here's a thought your comment inspired, BamaBoy: Your average gang-banger is a proven warrior (been close to gunshots) while your average CCW is what? Happy that the gov'nt provides carry privileges? Gang-bangers been carrying for a long time, with no permit. For the most part, they don't fear "the man". Your average concealed carry type? Typically, would NOT fare well in the slammer for any length of time. As you state, gang-bangers have been around gunfire, fired with intent. Concealed Carry Guy? Maybe, maybe hunts, hits the range whenever, but ain't ever been in a gunfight. Shot, stabbed, lived hard? Let's not even compare.

Makes me speculate that most of us CCW types better hope we don't meet up with this kind of threat cause these cats (see, I'm old) are not afraid to pull the trigger and they've been under fire. Us???

Glad I don't frequent establishments like this.

No shit.

Life style play's a vital role in your health and welfare. I'm not saying that I do not got out for a few drinks with friends, family and loved ones at times, but If I don't like the area or the establishment, it's a good bet that I'm not going to meet you for that drink or two or three.

However, I do want the right to be able to defend myself appropriatley if something like this should arise. I'm baffled as to why those men are still engaging when outside of the doorway ?? I wasn't there, so I don't know if their continued fireing was warranted due to a continued threat.

After all, there is no guarantee that even the poshest establishments are crime proof.

Just my .02

No shit.

Just my .02

Forum rule #17
Language - No dirty language. We are trying to create a place where you don’t have to worry if your child is sitting next to you while reading. Please keep your language clean. The friendly workarounds on using crude language will not be tolerated also. We are not talking about damn, hell, and other small ones, we are talking about the major ones and you know what they are.

the whole thing looks like two gangs shooting it out (and poorly at that) a drug deal gone bad.......

I agree. IMO, that video certainly does NOT present a case for the benefits of the armed citizen. First, you can't tell teh good guys from teh bad guys. Second, it looks what the anti-gunners describe as "a return to wild west".

bill

Most young street thugs are poor marksmen and incompetent handlers of firearms. They carry semi-autos in their waistbands with the hammer cocked and shoot themselves in the leg or worse. They aim by holding the gun sideways and over their head. Many of the guns they use are the kind people on this board would not lower themselves to fire. Guns blow up in their faces because they have loaded the wrong ammo. And the street shooters also think entirely differently from people who have been acculturated into anything close to the mainstream of society. The fact that many thousands of them get blown away annually over trivial disputes is an indication of how utterly inept they are in life. Most of them routinely use drugs, too, which further constrains their already distorted cognitive functioning.

Their favorite pastime is committing the stupidest crimes in the world—impulsive, unplanned, highly dangerous, often videotaped armed robberies in which they risk long prison sentences for hundred-dollar scores. Invariably they wind up dead or in prison.

You want to encounter these people about as much as you want to meet a pack of rabid dogs. They relish violence and don't consider the consequences; they do not make rational decisions. Anyone with any brains will stay away from places where he might encounter them. Unfortunately, in most large U.S. cities there are hundreds if not thousands of such people. The one ameliorating factor is that they usually have a difficult time functioning outside their familiar environment.

That being said, about 10 years ago some armed New York City thugs, apparently unaware of the city's strict gun laws, held up a McDonald's late at night, ordered the employees into the back room, made them kneel, and shot each one in the head. Five young men and women died, and eventually the perps were caught and sentenced to watch TV and play cards for many years.

In a more recent case, this time in Alabama, armed thugs (I think it was three) held up a fast-food place, took the cash in the register, and made the patrons hand over their wallets and purses. But when they ordered everyone into the back room, a man who had already given up his wallet opened fire with his licensed handgun, took the thugs down, and undoubtedly saved several innocent lives, including his own. Notice that this citizen was willing to let the thugs get what they wanted if doing so prevented violence, but he was smart enough to know what was coming when they ordered him to the back room. He certainly benefited from the fact that he was able to think about the situation before blasting away, and he took the thugs down in their order of priority.

In New York City, he would have been prosecuted for possessing an illegal gun, though probably not for shooting the thugs, depending on the, uh . . . politics of the situation. Don't laugh—it's happened.

This is why we carry. Not to right wrongs. Not to travel to Newark and walk around hoping to administer justice. It is so that when we're ordered into that back room, we have a fighting chance.

I would guess there were a lot more guns than CC permits in this crowd. IMHO this is a classic example of the need for CC permits.

>>>Ropeadope I think you missed the boat on this. You said you were confused about the people outside who continued to fire their weapons. You wondered if they perceived a continuing threat. In fact, THEY were the threat.

I would guess there were a lot more guns than CC permits in this crowd. IMHO this is a classic example of the need for CC permits.

>>>Ropeadope I think you missed the boat on this. You said you were confused about the people outside who continued to fire their weapons. You wondered if they perceived a continuing threat. In fact, THEY were the threat.

I suppose your right, I didn't have my coffee prior to viewing this video. :biggrin:

They shouldn't have a problem then with identifying those two numbskulls with enhanced video capabilities and pixel cleaning. Now just to find them.

The video should help, but two years ago, a gang of thugs ambushed and killed a student on the campus of Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ, and a convenience store surveillance camera got a very clear picture of the main attacker and the unusual sweatshirt he was wearing. This color picture didn't need any enhancement, either. It was not quite as good as a police mugshot, but it was close.

Still, even though the reward money has reached the tens of thousands, police still haven't found the guy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back