oh wow!

Support the 2nd amendment. Not only when it meets your needs. Be glad another citizen is arming himself..Help him learn don't discourage him.

If you think about it, everyone on this forum including myself was a first time gun owner and didn't know beans about them. And I don't know about you, but I'm still learning about them after 50 years of many guns owned and used.

Flame me all you want but I strongly believe everyone should have to do a minimum 4 hour class, preferably 8+ though. If you can't find the slide release you don't need to own a gun
Which other constitutional rights do you think that we need to take classes for, before we can exercise them?

I think I'll go with he'll probably never figure out how to shoot it. Now how did he say to get the clip out? Lol

boatme98:228805 said:
I handled my first real gun when I was 17. The seargent did a pretty good job of making sure that I didn't do anything too stupid. Of course, we were only issued rifles, not being officers and all.
Fast forward to when I was about 24 and decided to get my first handgun. I went to the library, checked out some books (Big things made of tree products with lots of instant pictures and words. Amazing things!), and read everything I could about handguns. I spent about a year researching and finally bought a Ruger Security-six. I asked the salesman to show me all he could, then I proceeded the woods to teach myself to shoot.
Well, 35 years later I'm still shooting. Haven't killed or maimed anyone, or myself. Have taught many others to shoot. And am still learning new things about guns and shooting.
I guess the moral is-don't be too hard on others-remember, you had to take that first shot at one time too.

That book thing you mentioned, the one made from tree products, are you trying to say they actually exist or something? I thought that was just an internet myth. Next you'll tell me it doesn't use electricity. Probably sell me my own hat if I put it on your table too!

I sometimes wonder why people spend do much time fighting over principle when acknowledging the responsible isn't asking that much. Yes the guy has the right to buy a gun, would I want to be within firing distance of him if his knowledge of firearms is truly what he demonstrated, no. it would be a great thing if a firearm familiarity class were available to everyone. I had the benefit of some very responsible people growing up that forced hunter safety classes and firearm safety practices on me before I was allowed to begin hunting and eventually carrying a firearm and it scares the crap out of me that so many people don't have that experience. I will say that I almost fell out of my chair when someone mentioned safety classes for walnuts, very funny.

Say what you want about youtube, but there is a lot of firearm experts on it. At the same time it has just as many if not more arm-chair commandos who think they are members of seal team 6 just because they own a glock. If you can find the right channels on youtube you can learn a **** load of information from (proofen experts) with years of knowledge they are giving away for FREE.

Kind of reminds me of one of Bill Maldin's old WWII cartoons (that Patton hated so much):

Willie and Joe are seated against a wall (dressed as grubbily as always) in an alley just off the main drag sharing a bottle of hootch, while a nicely dressed trooper struts by with an aggressive look on his face.

Caption: "Don't worry Willie, he can't be a real combat sojer.... He's LOOKIN' for a fight!"

I wonder about "sheepdog" attitude carriers in the same way sometimes. LOL!

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back