Oh the sky is falling!

sig p6

In my home state of Wisconsin CCW is now legal as of Nov 1st. You should see all the money spent on the signs that are going up as to where you can carry or not, ( over 3,000 was spent alone on just sign's for my city and the same for county.
The area that is the most un gun friendly is Madison which is our state capital. I dont know how other state's are with their ccw , but this is just crazy.

I would like to hear back on how other states work with the ccw

This is what you guys in WI need to leave behind at the businesses who are posting these signs. Link Removed In this economy, they will quickly learn that discriminating against a certain LAW ABIDING crowd, invites criminals and kill zones that businesses could be held to account for. The signs will start coming down.

IF the CCW permit holders stop doing business at those establishments, you will find the signs will soon come down! In Texas, you have to look hard to find one, but they do exist!
Good Luck!

There are numerous web sites like Iowacarry.org that list gun unfriendly businesses. Most don't like to see there names on these lists. I suggest you start one or just start a facebook page listing them. I have seen numerous signs go up and then come down when I have told the owner or manager where I planed on listing his busineses name on top of no longer spending my money there. The only businesses I don't hassle are bars as I leave my weapon in my truck when frequenting them. Booze and guns dont mix.

Texas signs..

Here in Texas in the town I live in, Harker Heights, there are a few businesses that have gun ban signs up, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Pizza Hut to name a few bigger ones. There are also businesses that have signs welcoming CHL holders, Uptown Liquors even gives CHL holders a discount for shopping there. So, they do excist here in Texas but very few. I personaly don't go to any place that bans weapons, which I could carrying and they would be none the wiser, but any establishment that's that ignorant will not be getting any of my hard earned cash!

If you carry concealed, REALLY concealed, nobody will know. There are some places you obviously don't carry - courthouses, airports, and such - but who is to know unless you NEED to draw and use. I'd rather be alive and defend my carry of a firearm than not have the chance to defend myself. I have never given anyone a reason to question my carry - concealed means just that.

If you look at a history of where the BG's strike it is where they are least likely to be confronted, gun free zones.

It was EXACTLY the same way in your neighbor MN...As others have said, it goes away soon. It is a knee jerk reaction to people reading that it will be the "wild west." Some people fear change of ANY kind, not enough for them not to vote for "change" a few years ago. You'll see in about a year or so, you'll barely see any signs at all. It's really rare to see one in MN now.

fredhuddle:243073 said:
If you carry concealed, REALLY concealed, nobody will know. There are some places you obviously don't carry - courthouses, airports, and such - but who is to know unless you NEED to draw and use. I'd rather be alive and defend my carry of a firearm than not have the chance to defend myself. I have never given anyone a reason to question my carry - concealed means just that.

I wouldn't suggest breaking the law. The correct answer is to not enter the business.

I was just in your State before the law took effect and could not help but smile at the histeria. It will pass quickly except maybe for Madison. In the country, signs will never go up.

This to shall pass

In Ohio there was a flood of signs when CC first past, most have quietly gone away.
As of Sept 30 of this year we can carry restaurants that serve alcohol. As soon as this passed many restaurants started posting, but some have already started removing them. I'm sure most will be gone in a year.

The removal will not happen automatically though. You need to educate business owners.
Don't argue with them, but let them know they are advertising to criminals that they are unarmed and unable to defend themselves.

Ohioans for concealed carry has a good letter titled 'what every business owner needs to know about concealed carry'
This letter is specific to Ohio, but you could easily modify it to fit your state.

CHI holders should be law abiding

fredhuddle:243073 said:

Do not carry where it is prohibited. Part of the argument against these signs is that CHL holders are law abiding citizens. If you carry where you are not allowed you are not law abiding (at least not in Ohio) and are only providing evidence against us.

I simply will not patronize a company who does not trust me with a firearm.

Go to your regular places and inform them if the signs go up, you leave and will spend no money, their argument about blood everywhere has been disproven in every state that passed open or concealed carry.

It was EXACTLY the same way in your neighbor MN...As others have said, it goes away soon. It is a knee jerk reaction to people reading that it will be the "wild west." Some people fear change of ANY kind, not enough for them not to vote for "change" a few years ago. You'll see in about a year or so, you'll barely see any signs at all. It's really rare to see one in MN now.

I believe the "standard line" goes something like: "The streets will run red with blood!" (AKs and ARs and Glocks.... OH MY!)

Of course, the standard retort is but to observe that an antigunner is typically a Liberal who hasn't been mugged, assaulted or raped yet. (Of course, it could also be equally valid an observation that ex-post facto "education" in the realities of life can be hazardous to your health. Forewarned are forearmed? At least amongst fast learners. LOL!)

GG

Go to your regular places and inform them if the signs go up, you leave and will spend no money, their argument about blood everywhere has been disproven in every state that passed open or concealed carry.

Now there is the problem. Trying to make a considered and statistically sound appeal, based on logic, is a lost cause for a bunch of folks who typically rely on emotion in place of reasoning in their day to day existance.

GG

Now there is the problem. Trying to make a considered and statistically sound appeal, based on logic, is a lost cause for a bunch of folks who typically rely on emotion in place of reasoning in their day to day existance.

GG
I agree Gunny, but I am one very stubborn SOB.

GG and Nightmare have hit the nail squarely on the head! LOL

You simply cannot make a commonsense argument with STUPID!

Good luck!

I was surprise when I went to a local bank the other day(WI) they didn't have a 'no guns' sign. Maybe they realize a robber won't give a chit about such a sign.

Signs

One of the things that blows my mind is ccw states that dont take the time or effort to pass legislation to create an official standard sign for that state. I have to go omaha from kansas and I looked up NE law and its just a series of suggestions bur no clear way for me to identify unfriendly establishments. Laws are black ink on white paper making for a lot of grey sometimes; no need to make more grey.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back