Off Limits

lsbbigdog

I can never find a list of areas that are off limits to carry a concealed firearm. I know schools , state or federal buildings, but not sure on hospitals, museums ect.Anybody know where i can find or know the list of areas off limits?

Wildlife Sanctuaries also....

I was unable to find an official list as well on the .gov website.

You can pretty much carry anywhere in Mass, except Schools, Colleges, Court House, Federal Buildings and all/or some State Parks ( not sure on last one )

You can even carry in bar ( concealed )

I searched hi and low and couldn't find a list .i know certain places like Fenway has a no firearm policy , but i didn't see anything on the Garden .Places like these will usually list something on their websites.

We will make that political rallies and bars that don't sell 51 % food.May bad senior moment

I searched hi and low and couldn't find a list .i know certain places like Fenway has a no firearm policy , but i didn't see anything on the Garden .Places like these will usually list something on their websites.

Boston Garden/ BankNorth sometimes WAND you (I heard)

4 of us attended a Celtics game last year, none got wanded or anything

So, by WANDING You, does this mean They (Garden) have a No Weapons policy if there are no signs? OR do They have signs? Only asking because I havn't been at the Garden in years.
How about any other venue's; say there are no signs but instead They Wand you. Does this mean you cannot enter their establishment? I thought ONLY if there are signs posted. Hmmmmm:confused:

here is what i found...

Yes or No is it legal for a person to Carry Concealed in these areas of the state. The person must have a

permit/license issued by the listed state or a permit/license that is honored by the listed state. State
Code/ Administrative Code Law/Regulation may be listed for reference. A yellow area means this
information in not mentioned in that states law or is not known at this time.

Wildlife Management Areas
YES 321 CMR 3:01
NO Wildlife Sanctuaries
321.7:01

State/National Forests
YES

State Parks
YES

Road Side Rests
YES per MSP

· Courthouses
· MGL 269.10 (j) elementary or secondary school, college or university

This list was updated on 9/6/08
here is the link
Link Removed

Last edited:
My buddy and I spent a few HOURS last night looking for this information, and didn't do much better. And we need to know this because he's a registered safety instructor and I will be soon. assachusetts can be very fickle with it's laws, and I can't believe they would let anyone carry in a bar, yet there is no listing saying "no". Amazingly, MA is one of the FEW states where you don't need a license to be a bounty hunter. So... maybe we can carry in bars.

Amazingly, they did FINALLY get around to repealing the laws which said "MEN were required to carry a rifle to church on Sunday, and you were required to carry a shotgun on Boston Common in case of bears."

You'll find the restrictions in MGL Chapter 269, Crimes against Public Peace Section 10 thru 14f -

Suggest purchasing Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law - by the Municipal Police Institute (commercial entity)

Link Removed - best reference you'll find on Mass firearms law - $45 - 13th edition is the latest - 2008

You'll find the restrictions in MGL Chapter 269, Crimes against Public Peace Section 10 thru 14f -

Suggest purchasing Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law - by the Municipal Police Institute (commercial entity)

Link Removed - best reference you'll find on Mass firearms law - $45 - 13th edition is the latest - 2008

I don’t know man.....Mass laws are hard (very hard) to understand. Me personally, as soon as I am able to get my Class A LTC with NO RESTRICTIONS I will be going to a firearm attorney so that I can meet with him and get advice. To me, it’s worth the couple of hundred. I will pick up this book though, worth the 45. Thanks for posting that!

-Capo-

Info on Massachusetts Laws

You can get a good overview by attending GOAL's course The Art of Concealed Carry - taught by firearms attorney Darius Arbabi (Framingham, 508-395-6500) who is also an NRA-certified instructor/training counselor and GOAL director of education Jon Green (also NRA instructor/training counselor) . Offered about once a month at the GOAL headquarters in Northboro. One of the best I've ever attended. It's a four-hour course in the evening, and think it costs less than $100. You'll get to meet Arbabi in case you ever need his services. GOAL is the Gun Owner's Action League, 37 Pierce Street, Northboro, MA 508-393-5333 web page is Gun Owners' Action League If you are a gun owner in Massachusetts - it's good idea to join GOAL, if for no other reason that to get their monthly tabloid - keeps you informed of laws, events, instructional course and lots of other information that is good to know.

You can get a good overview by attending GOAL's course The Art of Concealed Carry - taught by firearms attorney Darius Arbabi (Framingham, 508-395-6500) who is also an NRA-certified instructor/training counselor and GOAL director of education Jon Green (also NRA instructor/training counselor) . Offered about once a month at the GOAL headquarters in Northboro. One of the best I've ever attended. It's a four-hour course in the evening, and think it costs less than $100. You'll get to meet Arbabi in case you ever need his services. GOAL is the Gun Owner's Action League, 37 Pierce Street, Northboro, MA 508-393-5333 web page is Gun Owners' Action League If you are a gun owner in Massachusetts - it's good idea to join GOAL, if for no other reason that to get their monthly tabloid - keeps you informed of laws, events, instructional course and lots of other information that is good to know.

Yeah GOAL is great. I have been a member for a while there. Love their newsletters and their paper that comes out every so often. I am thinking about attending a course there. The drive might be a bit lengthy, but worth it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back