ocean lakes concealed carry question

red

Does anyone know whether Ocean lakes prohibits concealed carry.
I have my sccwp and am planning a trip there next month and was curious?
Thanks

They state; No fireworks or firearms are allowed in the campground. This is only holds true if they have proper signage on the property. If the signs are not properly displayed it means nothing. Maybe someone at MB can chime in on the status of signs there.

Ocean Lakes Family Campground

It was my understanding that signs can only prohibit from carrying inside a building, not on grounds. Correct me if I'm wrong. From Myrtle, but haven't been to Ocean Lakes since I began carrying so I never paid attention.

Oh and if you are leasing a plot for a camper you hold the leased fee interest. Which basically is a legal contract. Now, if you get made the cops may still give you a hard time and you may be asked to leave by Ocean Lakes, but in court I don't know if they would have any grounds.

It was my understanding that signs can only prohibit from carrying inside a building, not on grounds. Correct me if I'm wrong. From Myrtle, but haven't been to Ocean Lakes since I began carrying so I never paid attention.

Oh and if you are leasing a plot for a camper you hold the leased fee interest. Which basically is a legal contract. Now, if you get made the cops may still give you a hard time and you may be asked to leave by Ocean Lakes, but in court I don't know if they would have any grounds.

Wrong about only in a building. The signs can be posted at the entrance to parking lots etc. and apply to all grounds. If you notice in the laws there are two differnt sizes of signs. One is primarly for buildings and the other for entrances to parking lots.

Your point about the camping space probably is correct. You could take the gun in the campground and have it in your camp space but not go out of it. That would be my first thought on it since the laws very specifically talk about "motels" where you have paid an accomodations fee. You would hold the rights to the campground site but they would control eveything else such as the bathhouses.

BTW - Try Lakewood, my cousins own that one. :biggrin:

Ocean Lakes Carry

I live in Myrtle Beach and looked up the SC law regarding signage for concealed weapons on a property. You can also go to the following web site Link Removed and click on the concealed weapons permit area ad get the entire SC laws.

Jim

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back