OC/pepper spray?

S&WM&P40

Does any one have Sabre red pepper spray? Does any one carry pepper spray? Is it a good idea? I was talking to some one yesterday and they said they like to have a less lethal option as not every encounter calls for pulling a knife and or gun out. So what do you guys thing about this? I my self think it's a ok idea but may add more weight then is needed. As it is now i carry my TDI ka-bar on my belt then i will have my Fenix flashlight and 2 back up mags. then the gun. I am also looking at picking up a kershaw assisted open knife for a every day use knife as well as a back up. Instead of carrying a BUG.

Last edited:
Does any one have Saber red pepper spray? Does any one carry pepper spray? Is it a good idea? I was talking to some one yesterday and they said they like to have a less lethal option as not every encounter calls for pulling a knife and or gun out. So what do you guys thing about this? I my self think it's a ok idea but may add more weight then is needed. As it is now i carry my TDI ka-bar on my belt then i will have my Fenix flashlight and 2 back up mags. then the gun. I am also looking at picking up a kershaw assisted open knife for a every day use knife as well as a back up. Instead of carrying a BUG.

I work as a security officer and Sabre Red is the brand of pepper spray I carry. Sabre Red is the best stuff out there. You have the option of either the water based brand or the oil based. My suggestion would be the water-based if you carry a stun gun or Taser; stunning someone after spraying them with the oil based will set their clothes on fire, and open you up for a mighty big lawsuit. If you don't carrry an electric shock device, then I would recommend the oil based. Either one will have the perp screaming for his mommy upon contact, but the oil based is stronger.

so you think it's a good idea then and it's not over kill? Now we talking about taser guns lol. Now in my mind that would be over kill for CC. Gun, knifes,pepper spray and taser gun lol. Would that not be over killing it? I was looking at a baton 26'' what do you think about them? I use to work as a security officer as well for Allied Barton, i worked at Rugers gun plant. What company do you work for? Do you carry armed? or just pepper spray? you have a taser and baton?

Does any one have Sabre red pepper spray? Does any one carry pepper spray? Is it a good idea? I was talking to some one yesterday and they said they like to have a less lethal option as not every encounter calls for pulling a knife and or gun out. So what do you guys thing about this? I my self think it's a ok idea but may add more weight then is needed. As it is now i carry my TDI ka-bar on my belt then i will have my Fenix flashlight and 2 back up mags. then the gun. I am also looking at picking up a kershaw assisted open knife for a every day use knife as well as a back up. Instead of carrying a BUG.
I carry Fox Labs. Yes it is a good idea to carry a less than lethal alternative. It is also not a bad less than lethal alternative to deal with stray or wild animals. If you travel often like I do, keep in mind that pepper spray is not legal in all jurisdictions. MI is a we honor all State but has some weird pepper spray laws.

Self Defense Products Florida - O/C Pepper Spray?

In my opinion, the Mace Brand Pepper Spray - Police Model is a very good pepper spray. There is an increase use of Personal Tasers amongst Security Officers, and I can see why. At least the tasers are much less non-lethal than a hand gun. Link Removed

Mine gets left in the (hot) car from time to time. Is there a product that is better for high temperature conditions?

Tasers are good products the only thing i was getting at by saying over kill maybe. Was would you not run the risk of looking like some one who wants to be a cop but is not. I will be getting some Pepper spray after such good feed back on the matter. I do not have the 2k to drop on a taser gun as of now so i will let that one go lol. I hear sabre red is the top of the line and can be picked up for round 10 dollars. It's a small compact bottle and comes with a case and belt clip. has about 22 1 sec shots in the can.

Not to poke fun but, I can't believe you're worried about over kill when you carry all that. LOL (sorry I think it's amusing and I swear I'm not poking fun).

I don't carry OC spray because in FL I have to use equal force if I have it availible. I refuse to get stabbed while trying to spray someone that I should have shot. I may not die as fast if I get stabbed but, why take the chance of not making it home? If they pull a knife then I assume they intend to murder me, not cut my hair.

Carry all of what? I carry one gun and 2 back up mags, then a knife for back up and a small flashlight. The TDI is not for a every day use. Thats why i carry a knife for every day use such as. letter opening box cutting and so on. If you think thats a lot there is a guy over on the M&P forums who has 5 guns on him at all times on top of knifes. As for what you said about being attacked with a knife. If some one pulls a knife on me and trys to stab me i am well with in my right to shoot him and or meet his force with force that is the same such as pulling my knife. But i can tell you now i feel bad for the guy who brings a knife to a gun fight.

so you think it's a good idea then and it's not over kill? Now we talking about taser guns lol. Now in my mind that would be over kill for CC. Gun, knifes,pepper spray and taser gun lol. Would that not be over killing it? I was looking at a baton 26'' what do you think about them? I use to work as a security officer as well for Allied Barton, i worked at Rugers gun plant. What company do you work for? Do you carry armed? or just pepper spray? you have a taser and baton?

Nice to meet a fellow security officer; you wouldn't happen to belong to securityinfowatch.com, would you?

Anyway, as for regular concealed carry, I suppose I would not consider it overkill to carry all this stuff, as long as you're not uncomfortable and you don't go around acting like a LEO.

As for my job, I work at a check cashing store; they have their own security, so I work for them, not for a particular security company. I carry the full complement of duty gear, including a Glock 22, two additional 15-round mags, the Sabre Red pepper spray, a stun gun (not a Taser, as I'm not certified in it), handcuffs, a pocket knife, a 26" expandable baton, a cell phone, and a Garrity flashlight (duty gear, with the exception of my Level III Serpa holster, and baton holder, is all nylon. The holster and baton holder are plastic).

Vary nice.. What kind of armor do you have galls? Or point blank? You make a good point as long as you can stand the weight of all the stuff. Then it's up to you how much you carry. Little off topic but i would like to ask you, how you like the 26 baton? Do you find it to be a good tool? What about the stun gun? I worry a little about as you have to get so close to the person to use it. Is your Baton a ASP Baton?

Vary nice.. What kind of armor do you have galls? Or point blank? You make a good point as long as you can stand the weight of all the stuff. Then it's up to you how much you carry. Little off topic but i would like to ask you, how you like the 26 baton? Do you find it to be a good tool? What about the stun gun? I worry a little about as you have to get so close to the person to use it. Is your Baton a ASP Baton?

It's funny, I only began wearing body armor (by Point Blank), over my shirt about a year ago; ever since I began wearing it, I am constantly being mistaken for a police officer. I would've thought that my hat, which has the word security in big white letters, as well as the back of my armor carrier and both shoulder patches, would eliminate that confusion, but I guess people just don't read. Oh well.

The 26" Baton, (yes, it's an ASP) was an upgrade from my last baton, which was a 21" that I no longer have because I broke it across a suspect's back during an altercation (can you believe that? I though expandable batons were unbreakable). Anyway, the 26" took a little getting used to. It is quite heavy, but with practice, I have become quite adept at it.

As for the stun gun, it is 600,000 volts. I carry it because I am not required to be certified in it. In order to get certified with the Taser, I would have had to get shot with one, and there was no way I was going to do that. I have deployed it once, and retention was never really a problem, because by the time I deployed it, the suspect was already blinded by the Sabre Red pepper spray I sprayed him with.

The 26" Baton, (yes, it's an ASP) was an upgrade from my last baton, which was a 21" that I no longer have because I broke it across a suspect's back during an altercation (can you believe that? I though expandable batons were unbreakable). Anyway, the 26" took a little getting used to. It is quite heavy, but with practice, I have become quite adept at it.

As for the stun gun, it is 600,000 volts. I carry it because I am not required to be certified in it. In order to get certified with the Taser, I would have had to get shot with one, and there was no way I was going to do that. I have deployed it once, and retention was never really a problem, because by the time I deployed it, the suspect was already blinded by the Sabre Red pepper spray I sprayed him with.

I've got the 16" airweight aluminum. Works great, hasn't been broken so far.

The stun gun cert isn't so bad. Imagine the feeling of hitting your funny bone though your whole body. I enjoy the TASER very effective.

Too bad we can't have it here in PRHI.

gf

I've got the 16" airweight aluminum. Works great, hasn't been broken so far.

The stun gun cert isn't so bad. Imagine the feeling of hitting your funny bone though your whole body. I enjoy the TASER very effective.

Too bad we can't have it here in PRHI.

gf

Are you a current or former security officer, or are these things (minus the taser) that you carry due to the inability of law abiding citizens to legally carry firearms in PRHI?

I've heard that stun guns will stun the user if you are in physical contact with the BG. I would think this would be very concerning because a stun gun is only usable when within arms length. Does anyone here have thoughts on this?

Thanks and God bless.

I've heard that stun guns will stun the user if you are in physical contact with the BG. I would think this would be very concerning because a stun gun is only usable when within arms length. Does anyone here have thoughts on this?

Thanks and God bless.

You're right, and that's why the only time I ever deployed mine at work was after I had already sprayed the perp with OC spray.

I carry LE-issue OC spray and a compact friction-lock expandable baton in addition to my firearm. If I can use less-than-lethal force then I will. For instance, if I were to shoot an attacker, I would have to stay and deal with the police once they arrived. I'd prefer not to deal with it if I can just spray the attacker and get out of dodge immediately. Obviously, if the attacker was armed with a gun, knife, or otherwise, I'd skip the non-lethal and use the firearm. Oh yeah, I also keep an assisted opening Kershaw Onion knife on belt as well.

As much as I'd like a Taser, that would break the bulk threshhold on my belt. All of the items I currently pack are quite sleek and unobtrusive, save the firearm of course. Carrying a taser would be like carrying a second firearm, bulk-wise.

Last edited:

I carry pepper spray all the time since a CCW is not possible where I live. I have Wildfire, but I just discovered the Kimber LifeAct products. When I travel outside California, pepper spray always goes with my firearm. It's good to have another option. You just never know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back