OC/pepper spray?

Calma9 you live in CA? Cant you have a CCW in CA if it's like 10 rounds?? I looked at the Kimber OC as well. But to me spending almost 30 dollars on something that is a one time use with no refills for it. Is not some thing i want to do. Yeah i am going to pick up some Sabre red OC a small one that hooks on the keys. It has 25 one sec shots in it so it should do. I have looked at batons but idk it's just not something i want to do right now.

Last edited:
I carry pepper spray all the time since a CCW is not possible where I live. I have Wildfire, but I just discovered the Kimber LifeAct products. When I travel outside California, pepper spray always goes with my firearm. It's good to have another option. You just never know.

Have you considered moving to one of your state's de facto shall issue counties? Contrary to what people believe, CCW permits are issued in CA; and unlike PRNY, where permits issued outside NYC are valid everywhere in the state except NYC, permits issued in PRCA are valid everywhere in PRCA, including Los Angeles and San Francisco. I hear Kern County is virtually shall issue, as are several others.

I am not a fan of the use of pepper spray except perhaps by well trained professionals. This is more for my concern for the user than the BG. First, there are some people genetically resistant to it. You must be prepared for immediate escalation in this case. Second, there are some who have been chemically rendered unresponsive to it (on drugs). You should be trained to recognize this condition and either bypass this step in escalation or again be prepared for immediate escalation.

My conclusion is that for the amateur, the use of pepper spray may put you in more danger than you are trained to handle. Your concern for minimal harm to the BG is admirable, but your first responsibility is to you and yours.

Im not a big fan of it. I got sprayed when i went through my academy. If you have a motivated bg its a real posibility that they'll be able to function after being sprayed. I just usually carry both fists for non lethal situations :biggrin: just kidding. As soon as my agency started issueing tazers i threw my spray in the back seat. Thats my two cents.

Im not a big fan of it. I got sprayed when i went through my academy. If you have a motivated bg its a real posibility that they'll be able to function after being sprayed. I just usually carry both fists for non lethal situations :biggrin: just kidding. As soon as my agency started issueing tazers i threw my spray in the back seat. Thats my two cents.

Or hyped up on drugs.

But even that does not always work. I watched a video (that when i find it again i will post in here) Of this drunk guy being hit with a tazer 15 times and he still did not stop. What i find works better then mace and a tazer is pepper ball rounds out of a paint ball gun Or bean bag rounds from a 12g. Rubber bullets also work but are not used much as they can kill.

Found it..

YouTube - Dude Tazed 15 Times

Last edited:
Does any one have Sabre red pepper spray? Does any one carry pepper spray? Is it a good idea? I was talking to some one yesterday and they said they like to have a less lethal option as not every encounter calls for pulling a knife and or gun out. So what do you guys thing about this? I my self think it's a ok idea but may add more weight then is needed. As it is now i carry my TDI ka-bar on my belt then i will have my Fenix flashlight and 2 back up mags. then the gun. I am also looking at picking up a kershaw assisted open knife for a every day use knife as well as a back up. Instead of carrying a BUG.

Have you been able to pick up the Sabre Red Pepper Spray?

Last edited:
Calma9 you live in CA? Cant you have a CCW in CA if it's like 10 rounds?? I looked at the Kimber OC as well. But to me spending almost 30 dollars on something that is a one time use with no refills for it. Is not some thing i want to do. Yeah i am going to pick up some Sabre red OC a small one that hooks on the keys. It has 25 one sec shots in it so it should do. I have looked at batons but idk it's just not something i want to do right now.

The reason why I can't get a CCW in my home county in the Republik of Kalifornia is I don't show just cause to be issued a CCW permit. I live in Santa Cruz County and I am sure that a lot of the people in here have heard of Santa Cruz, CA. Of all the people in our county, there are only 37 CCW permits issued. This is documented and is another thread for discussion. Sorry for the minor rant on this!

Regarding magazine capacity, the max is 10. Don't get me started on this one.

But even that does not always work. I watched a video (that when i find it again i will post in here) Of this drunk guy being hit with a tazer 15 times and he still did not stop. What i find works better then mace and a tazer is pepper ball rounds out of a paint ball gun Or bean bag rounds from a 12g. Rubber bullets also work but are not used much as they can kill.

Found it..

YouTube - Dude Tazed 15 Times

Well i watched the video and if you listen you can hear the sound of the tazer. That means 1 of 2 things either they only drive stunned him. That means they didnt shoot him with the probes. Or they had a bad deployment if they did shoot with the probes. If both probes make good contact you can hardly hear the crackleing sound. That sound was very clear a couple of times in the video so it makes pretty good sence to me why it didnt work well in this case. Not to mention that if they were only drive stunning him thats only a pain compliance technique which would be no better than pepper spray. When some one is shot and struck with both probes it is total body incapacitation. If you want all the facts go to tazer int. web site. im pretty sure they explain all the principles and the physics behind there products. TASER - Home

Well i watched the video and if you listen you can hear the sound of the tazer. That means 1 of 2 things either they only drive stunned him. That means they didnt shoot him with the probes. Or they had a bad deployment if they did shoot with the probes. If both probes make good contact you can hardly hear the crackleing sound. That sound was very clear a couple of times in the video so it makes pretty good sence to me why it didnt work well in this case. Not to mention that if they were only drive stunning him thats only a pain compliance technique which would be no better than pepper spray. When some one is shot and struck with both probes it is total body incapacitation. If you want all the facts go to tazer int. web site. im pretty sure they explain all the principles and the physics behind there products. TASER - Home

It's also possible that he was wearing clothing that was too thick for the probes to penetrate. Taser probes will only penetrate up to two inches of clothing, and they don't penetrate body armor.

OC/Pepper spray

My wife and I used to sell security products, such as pepper sprays, stun guns, personal alarms, etc. I think I saw someone refer to Mace pepper spray. I was not aware Mace made pepper spray, or someone is using the MAce name. Chemical Mace is the brand name for GOEC tear gas spray, I don't remember right now if it is CS or CN, but it is not pepper spray. When pepper sprays became popular, Chemical Mace disappeared. I read in this thread where someone said he heard that if you are in contact with a BG and use a stun gun you will get shocked, too. BS!! That is what happens when you listen to people who don't know what they are talking about. I can be holding your arm and if you are resisting, I don't have to let go to zap you. I can pump 100,000 volts into you all day long and never even get a tingle myself. BTW, tazer or Tazer or Taser are all inaccurate. TASER is an acronym. The inventor loved the Tom Swift boy's books as a kid, so when he invented the TASER, he name it what he did, as it stands for Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle. I would have one, but my budget won't stretch that far. Ironically, I was to make a presentation, along with my men to be allowed to carry stun guns on a Wednesday, and was crippled on Monday morning by a former Marine jacked up on PCP. Go figure.

Hey, thank you Tatted, Infidel and WuzFuz for the comments. I lost this thread which is why I didn’t respond.
You're right, and that's why the only time I ever deployed mine at work was after I had already sprayed the perp with OC spray.
Have you ever heard of a case of someone being stunned by their own stun gun?

… I read in this thread where someone said he heard that if you are in contact with a BG and use a stun gun you will get shocked, too. BS!! That is what happens when you listen to people who don't know what they are talking about. I can be holding your arm and if you are resisting, I don't have to let go to zap you. I can pump 100,000 volts into you all day long and never even get a tingle myself. ...
Yes, that was what I was looking for. :) Do you know guys who have used a stun gun while holding onto the person stunned? Have you done so yourself? Thanks.

OC/pepper spray

My wife and I had a small company selling personal security devices at one time, and I stressed in presentations that a firearm was not for everyone. Many times, someone will buy a gun, get in a situation, pull out the wepaon and freeze. The BG then takes the gun away. The main problem with pepper spray is how people carry and use it. we would train women to have the cannister in their hand as they went to their car, so it could be used in an instant. However. we found that realistically, they would drop it in their purse, so it was useless. I wonder about the Mace products shown in the site, since last I heard, Mace was a brand name for a tear gas formulation owned by the company that owned S&W for a while. Maybe the lock on the name expired, but Chemical Mace was a product of General Ordnance Equipment Corporation. I don't really care, one way or the other. I think it is interesting that the day I was injured on the job, I was carrying a cannister of pepper spray. but had decided there were too many people in the area. Ironically, we found out later there was no propellant in the cannister, so it would have been useless.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back