OC in wv

Im 19 years old and have lived in wv untill the last year now i live in nc. In wv from what i have understood you can not open carry untill 21 years of age and in nc you can open carry at 18. Lets say i got back to wv to vist family can i open carry in wv since they do honnor nc?

Nope. Reciprocal agreements default to the laws in the state that you're visiting with your home permit. Unless the agreement between WV and NC is very unusual, you still have to abide by the carry laws in WV.

In wv from what i have understood you can not open carry untill 21 years of age and in nc you can open carry at 18. Lets say i got back to wv to vist family can i open carry in wv since they do honnor nc?

Your understanding of West Virginia law is incorrect. No permit is needed to open carry in West Virginia and the law for open carry in West Virginia prohibits persons under the age of 18 from carrying a deadly weapon:

West Virginia Code

§61-7-3. Carrying deadly weapon without license or other authorization; penalties.
(a) Any person who carries a concealed deadly weapon, without a state license or other lawful authorization established under the provisions of this code, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars and may be imprisoned in the county jail for not more than twelve months for the first offense; but upon conviction of a second or subsequent offense, he or she shall be guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned in the penitentiary not less than one nor more than five years and fined not less than one thousand dollars nor more than five thousand dollars.

§61-7-8. Possession of deadly weapons by minors; prohibitions.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this article to the contrary, a person under the age of eighteen years who is not married or otherwise emancipated shall not possess or carry concealed or openly any deadly weapon: Provided, That a minor may possess a firearm upon premises owned by said minor or his family or on the premises of another with the permission of his or her parent or guardian and in the case of property other than his or her own or that of his family, with the permission of the owner or lessee of such property: Provided, however, That nothing in this section shall prohibit a minor from possessing a firearm while hunting in a lawful manner or while traveling from a place where he or she may lawfully possess a deadly weapon, to a hunting site, and returning to a place where he or she may lawfully possess such weapon.

Im 19 years old and have lived in wv untill the last year now i live in nc. In wv from what i have understood you can not open carry untill 21 years of age and in nc you can open carry at 18. Lets say i got back to wv to vist family can i open carry in wv since they do honnor nc?

Unless you look a bunch older than what you are, a 19 year old walking around open carry is asking for trouble, no matter the law, I am a huge open carry advocate, but there are times and circumstances where its just not a good idea, and on a personal note, at your age WTF do you need to open carry for other than to show off, legal or not a 19 year old open carrying in puplic is a recipe for a major problem, that's my 2 cents.....of course if you are anything like I was at 19 your going to do what you want anyways.......but that was a long time ago

Unless you look a bunch older than what you are, a 19 year old walking around open carry is asking for trouble, no matter the law, I am a huge open carry advocate, but there are times and circumstances where its just not a good idea, and on a personal note, at your age WTF do you need to open carry for other than to show off, legal or not a 19 year old open carrying in puplic is a recipe for a major problem, that's my 2 cents.....of course if you are anything like I was at 19 your going to do what you want anyways.......but that was a long time ago

Okay thanks for your 2 cents, but first of all i have been raise hunting and around firearms and know the proper and saftey ways to fire and carry a weapon. I also belive that a 19 year old has the same amount of RIGHTS to carry as you do and defend himself the same way as YOU would (no i do not want to carry to show off) we do alot of fourwheeler riding up there and it would be nice to know that someone in the group has a firearm. Along with that i am a very avid outdoorsman and would like to carry while bow hunting or ginsenging. And yes i totaly agree some places people shouldnt open carry the way i see it is if your gonna open carry do it in a private area, such as in the woods or in your vehicale. No im not one of them punk a$$ kids that are hot headed or trigger happy everytime that someone says something to them. The way that i see it a responsible 19 year old could probaly open carry with more respect then you could at the moment.

I would never guess you were an open carry advocate with the posts you have against open carry.

All the younger people I've met open carrying have had no issues with carrying. No problems, no trouble, never asked for anything negative.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back